• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Attendance Averages

Our 2007 Attendance Average was 53,170 / USF ranked 38 in Div 1A  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It needs to go up- fans need to go to the games and not based on the opponent.

Well, the question isn't "does it need to go up", lol  Cause the answer is yes.  The question is do you think it will go up?  I say absolutely...but everything hinges on the  Kansas game and the Louisville/Cincy Week. 

Oh, and what the hell is up with this RockyTop guy?  Why does he always have to be the devils advocate/negative nancy?  Hey RockyTop, are the Bulls slowly movin in on your SEC heart and you don't really want to give in?...lol

Why don't you change your name to something a little more bull-like, lol, maybe RockyTopBull - just a suggestion.

GO BULLS!!!

hate to rain on everyone's circlejerk with objectivity....

a thursday night, friday night, and sunday night game already.  the best team we play is who, Kansas? not exactly a big name.  heaven forbid that one of the games is played in the afternoon.  not exactly like we have the most loyal, dedicated fanbase to begin with, so I really don't see any way that the attendance can go up.  but by all means, i hope i am wrong. 

Sorry, RT, but the Kansas and Pitt games will sell out... and as USF keeps winning through the season, so will Syracuse (Homecoming - probably a Noon kickoff), Rutgers, and U Conn...

USF will average around 57,000 in attendance.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

Well, the question isn't "does it need to go up", lol  Cause the answer is yes.  The question is do you think it will go up?  I say absolutely...but everything hinges on the  Kansas game and the Louisville/Cincy Week. 

Oh, and what the hell is up with this RockyTop guy?  Why does he always have to be the devils advocate/negative nancy?  Hey RockyTop, are the Bulls slowly movin in on your SEC heart and you don't really want to give in?...lol

Why don't you change your name to something a little more bull-like, lol, maybe RockyTopBull - just a suggestion.

GO BULLS!!!

a thursday night, friday night, and sunday night game already.  the best team we play is who, Kansas? not exactly a big name.  heaven forbid that one of the games is played in the afternoon.  not exactly like we have the most loyal, dedicated fanbase to begin with, so I really don't see any way that the attendance can go up.  but by all means, i hope i am wrong. 

Sorry, RT, but the Kansas and Pitt games will sell out... and as USF keeps winning through the season, so will Syracuse (Homecoming - probably a Noon kickoff), Rutgers, and U Conn...

no way we average 57,000...  we'll be doing good to average 50,000

the team will have at least one loss going into the Pitt game, so the excitement will have worn off to the casual fan by then. 

• Content Count:  4,016

GO BULLS!!!

whats wrong with what he is saying? its a fact. is everything posted on this board supposed to be happy go lucky or something?

Ha, ha...no the point is something's have to be based on a little thing called 'facts'....those same debbie downers never saw the 2007 attendance numbers coming, predicting a modest increase.  None of them thought the students would in force show-up to the tune of 12,500 for nearly every game.

The fact is no one knows where it will be...none of the negative guys would have, or even given USF a remote shot at the attendance we had for WVU, and UCF. 

This board is like a Star Wars moving, a 'darkside' always believing they have some righteous position to tell us 'like it is'...and in most cases they have no idea 'what it is like' especially when predicting a team, school, and program like USF.  This isn't FAU, or UCF where a general guess on fan supprt and community interest is usually easy.  At USF there is actual communit support and interest build a winner and they will most definitely come.

I think attendance will be similar to last year.

Depends on our record thouh. Remember last year we had tickets sold because of the 3 game package and hype. Unfortunately many didn't show after a couple losses.

I think it was mentioned for a Sat night UL game tickets counted was around 41000

Well I'll take averaging nearly 54k in attendance per game.

You are wrong about the UL game too.  The ticket count, which is the raw numbers, was nearly 58k.  The rumored actuals were closer to 50k not 41k--- otherwise someone should have told those nearly 10k in the upper deck they were a phantoms.

I personally believe it will be all predicted on our season again.  The rumors are season ticket totals have been great, and I think our attendance for UT-Martin will be solid for a 1-AA game.  I think with the right media push the KU game could turn into a real exciting, and eventful home game since KU is probably going to come in ranked in the top 15.  Then if we're still undefeated when Pitt comes to town, chain the doors baby because the roof is coming off at that one.  Pitt's initial schedule is three straight home games against BGSU, Buffalo, and Iowa, then Cuse in NY.  They will be 4-0 coming to Tampa, and since they've suddenly become the media darling, expect them to be ranked in the top 10, if we come in 5-0 after beating a ranked KU team, UCF, and NCST....

Let's just say think WVU last year.  No way around it, Pitt will bring a solid fan push, both teams will undoubtedly be ranked in the top 20, it will be a Thursday nationally televised game- man that game could be unbelievable and everyone knows it.

If that happens, and we win that game then I expect RU, and Uconn could bring close to sellouts again too.

GO BULLS!!!

no way we average 57,000...  we'll be doing good to average 50,000

the team will have at least one loss going into the Pitt game, so the excitement will have worn off to the casual fan by then. 

Uh huh?  We averaged nearly 54k last year so 57k isn't a stretch.  You do realize the marketing and dollars at Woolard's disposal now far exceed anything he had last year.

You are entitled to your opinion that we will lose a game before Pitt.  But to me, and most obvious prognosticators USF will be heavy favorites to win against UT-Martin, UCF, FIU, and probably NCST.  To me personally, given the match-ups, the only games that USF has a shot at losing before Pitt are KU, and NCST, in particular KU, however KU is at home, Friday Night, nationally televised and undoubtedly in front of a raucous crowd that will have no less than 12,501 students at the game (you know that's a fact), and my guess the attendance on that one will be anywhere from 50-60k.  But if we lose, we lose, and you have your opinion, and you're right there is a legit shot of that happening- although I do find it funny that in an earlier post you suggest KU won't generate much interest but now they're good enough to beat us at home- a feat few teams accomplish, and those that do have usually had to finish us in the closing seconds.

But consider another version Rockytop, what if we're undefeated heading into Pitt?  I'd venture to say there is no way Pitt won't be undefeated with their initial schedule.  If we're both undefeated, with Pitt as the media darling, you know we'll both be in the top 18.  It will be Thursday night, nationally televised, ESPN will be pumping the **** out of it just like they did for the WVU game.  Pitt has even more national and street cred then WVU (and before someone attacks me on that you'd have to be older than 21 to know that fact).

I mean after what we saw the WVU game do in terms of attendance.  Anyone that suggests that game won't be at or close to a sellout would/should have their head examed or be banned from this board for a month because clearly they're just being a negative nelly to generate a rise out of people.  In all honestly, taking off your Orange/White glasses, there is a real shot that USF could start the season with sell-out games, or close to it, against KU, and Pitt, particularly if USF beats KU- if you argue otherwise then I'd lose some respect for your position.  You can choose not to believe and that is your perogative- and certainly a version where we lose an early game could bring the attendance wheels off as you suggest, but to suggest there isn't a chance is a bit silly since history has already proven otherwise.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Odd years in general stand a much better chance of having more in attendance just based on our schedule. I expected there to be a major dropoff after going from 38,000 in 2005 to 30,000 in 2006, and expected it to pick up again in 2007, regardless of how well we were doing on the field.

The magical start we had in 2007 allowed us to make a quantum leap in attendance, over and above what could have been predicted. So, considering our weak home schedule, it will be difficult to surpass last year, but not impossible. If I had to guess, I think we will be over 50,000, but somewhat short of what we had last year.

I expect that whatever attendance we have this year will be far surpassed next year, when we will set our all-time attendance record. Having Miami on the schedule in 2009, 2011 and 2013 should make our attendance in odd years that much better.

• Content Count:  21,260
  • Days Won:  10

Sorry slight decrease because of the type of fans we have right now and the types of teams coming to town to play.  Kansas will be big but all others will shrink.

• Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

our home schedule sucks this year.

will we ever get to stagger the L'ville and WVU games to where they aren't both at home/road in the same year?

either that or 'Cuse and Pitt need to step their game up.  Pitt might be a good game this year.

Forget it, this board seems bent on being whiners.

Mark it down Pitt game will be a sellout as they will come to town 4-0, and ranked.  That can almost be a foregone conclusion at this point.

Sorry slight decrease because of the type of fans we have right now and the types of teams coming to town to play.  Kansas will be big but all others will shrink.

I think our 'type of fans' has improved, and the WVU game last year, and UCF, and even Cinci and UL should tell you that all bets are off on attendance.  BTW, the marketing budget is probably 3x what it was last year.  Amazing what happens when people actually know about a big game well in advance.

Archived