• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are some of our worst defeats in football thus far?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

Oregon was by far the crappiest coaching job I have seen from CJL and staff.  Worse yet, it was an opportunity to give Pac-10 beat writers and fans a display of USF up close. . . . . and we tanked.

IMO, any anti-USF bias in the AP, Coaches or Harris polls next will be attributed to west-coast bias that we could have addressed on national telly against Oregon.

it really wouldnt have mattered had we won imo.  had we won, the AP would spin it to where the bulls won bc oregon wasnt fully healthy.

buts its all irrelevant now

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

They did go out every night. This is a fact. Juarez was crazy every night of the week.

How many players do you think have passports to get into Mexico?

valid point except you didn't need a passport to get into Mexico bowl week, it was before the change into the new rules. Not saying that's where the team was, if it is I would've liked to have been there to kick their butts into shape cause that's a slap in the face to the school and the fans that support them.

UConn 2005 was a good point...can't believe I forgot about that loss...sometimes it's easier to forget.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Army won TWO games in 2004.....  and on homecoming?!?!?!?!

Numero Uno in my book

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

If you would have asked this half way thru last season, I would have said the "recently" loss to Rutgers. I just sat there for about 30 minutes and could not belie ve that we had been knocked off of our #2 ranking by an overrated Rutgers team. God that tore me up. Now, I deff have to say the Sun Bowl loss. We loss to a kid who was making his first start at QB, granted they had a great running back in Stewart, but we just looked pitiful out there. They were running circles around us. But hey, you live and learn, and those boys in the green and gold aint gonna let that happen again.

• Content Count:  651

One that doesn't involve USF yet kept USF from going to a bowl game in 2002, was ECU losing to Cincinnati, ensuring UC a trip to a bowl game and essentially knocking us out of a deserving trip. That was a tough game to watch knowing that a 7-6 team would go to a bowl over our 9-2 team!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

One that doesn't involve USF yet kept USF from going to a bowl game in 2002, was ECU losing to Cincinnati, ensuring UC a trip to a bowl game and essentially knocking us out of a deserving trip. That was a tough game to watch knowing that a 7-6 team would go to a bowl over our 9-2 team!

I was thinking the exact same thing, before reading your post.

That was the one that hurt the most for me.

• Content Count:  1,260

Up in the cold of UConn....I still see that one in my nightmares.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

The Oregon loss was bad, but certainly not the worst.  Its a glorified scrimmage whenever the bowl game isn't for any title.  Plus it was alot easier to take than any of our close losses this past year (RU, UC, and UConn) and no where near the pain of UConn '05.  Sure you would like to win the bowl game, but does it really matter that much when you still get paid the same $$$?

• Content Count:  1,757

Booth?

Yes, the flag (bogus incorrect application of the rules no less) was called on the instant replay from the booth.

• Content Count:  277

Basically, 50 years from now I'll be watching the Sun Bowl in a nursing home and some team will be demolishing the other team and approaching all sorts of records for Sun Bowl beat-downs.  At the approriate time a graphic will appear mentioning Oregon v. USF.  That's why the Sun Bowl gets my vote.

I couldn't agree more.  The Oregon game may not have been the worst defeat, but it was certainly the most disappointing.  We laid an egg on the national stage that may take a couple of years to recover.  We went in there thinking we would win that game.  On the plus side, I doubt we'll have to travel as far for a Bulls game.

I'd say last year's home loss to Cincinnati follows closely behind.  That was the nail in the coffin, not the Sun Bowl.

Archived