• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are some of our worst defeats in football thus far?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Number one:  Oregon... I wouldn't really mind a loss in this one if it were close.  The defense was out of position the entire game and Moffitt's head was definitely in it (again no blaming him with big/bad family issues on the brain).  This should be a lesson to T Mackenzie or whoever takes over in the middle.  It is his job to step up and be the leader and get the defense into position.  If not, then a great defense can get toasted pretty easily...

Number two (pun intended):  loosing to Rutgers/Refs last season.  I really don't think we would have lost to UConn if not for the emotional hangover.  The 10 point swing from the blocked kick being called back really just took all the motivation out of the team.  The BE officials wanted us to fall apart after that obvious show of unsportsmanship from the BOOTH of all F-ing places.  This is another good lesson for Leavitt and the boys, be ready for this kind of BS and just focus on the next play regardless of any crooked play from the refs.   

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Booth?

• Content Count:  223

Oregon was by far the crappiest coaching job I have seen from CJL and staff.  Worse yet, it was an opportunity to give Pac-10 beat writers and fans a display of USF up close. . . . . and we tanked.

IMO, any anti-USF bias in the AP, Coaches or Harris polls next will be attributed to west-coast bias that we could have addressed on national telly against Oregon.

Oregon was not the coaches fault. The players were to blame. They were all out the night before partying and didn't come prepared.

Could the playcalling have been better? Absolutely. But that game falls on the individual player's shoulders.

• Content Count:  7,890

rutgers beating number #2 bulls

agree the best team did not win that night

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The loss to Army at Ray Jay on our Homecoming. Really a pathetic performance by the Bulls. We may have been bad that year, but Army was by far worse, and we shouldn't have lost to them.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

for the program Oregon was a bad loss...and blame lies everywhere from what I could tell. Our TEAM, coaches and players were not prepared for that game.

both Rutgers losses were hard for the team and as a fan (especially as I have several family members who either attended Rutgers or are Alum)

just a thought: the first loss that came to mind for me as a fan was TCU in 2003. It wasn't the worst loss for the program but I still remember the feeling of leaving that stadium that day. It was the first season I really got into USF football and the first season I went to games (it was the year I transfered to USF from boston). It was a good rivalry at the time and to loose our home win streak that game...it was like a sucker punch to the gut even for a new bull.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

1. Oregon: extremely painful, embarrassing and there's sufficient blame all around...

2. Baylor & Kentucky back in Y2K: these were great Beat-a-IA opportunities that just slipped through our hands.

• Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Oregon

• Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

I want to play Kentucky again, this time we will win.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

Bowl Game - Oregon

Non-Bowl Game - Cincinatti last year

Archived