• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Satellite Radio

Apis Bull

Which service?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone?  Anyone?  Anyone?

What are you looking for as far as programming?  I have XM for a boombox at work, and radio at home as well as on my Directv.  Our company cars have Sirius. Each has their own advantages depending on what you want to listen to.  I know for the hard rock that I like, I like the XM41 Boneyard.  If I want to hear really heavy heavy metal the Sirius 27 Hard Attack is good.  The NFL is on Sirius and MLB on XM.  My experience is that the reception on XM is more consistant than it is with Sirius but once again, the content you are looking for would probably help choose which one you want.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,074

The best thing about each when it comes to music is the variety. For example,  while the local FM station may play Metallica's "One", the satellite stations eventually will play just about every song from "And Justice For All". FM will play Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" or "Paranoid" but when is the last time you heard them play "The Wizard" or "Heaven and Hell"? That and no  ads! 

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Correct me if I am wrong... But I believe XM and Sirius are the same company now. Per their merging.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM/Sirius_merger

Did this not change their programming?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The programming is different.

• Content Count:  10,874

Correct me if I am wrong... But I believe XM and Sirius are the same company now. Per their merging.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM/Sirius_merger

Did this not change their programming?

The merger hasn't been approved by all the federal regulatory agencies involved.

• Content Count:  10,874

I've had Sirius since 2003 or 2004, and have been very happy with it.  One of the things I really like about Sirius is the newest receiver that I bought last year, that works as a portable music storage device (ala iPod) and actually allows me to record songs off of the satellite transmission.  Plus, it actually works on WiFi, so I can take it indoors with me anywhere that I access the Internet.  So, I've got it setup so that it hooks into my home stereo system, and I can listen to Sirius without having to hook up a home antenna.  Plus, I use it with headphones at work or when exercising.  Finally, even though it isn't installed as part of my car (even though that isn't what I want anyways), I have an iPod jack in my dashboard so that it hooks right into my stereo and has digital quality sound.

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

I've had XM for over 4 years and LOVE IT.....Last year I got every USF game that was on the road!!!! The Big East, ACC, SEC, and Pac 10 are all on XM....I really enjoy listening to the RAYs while traveling...I live to far north of Tampa to pick up the rays on regular radio....MLB and ESPN radio are awesome....I hardly listen to regular radio...commercials drive me nuts!!!

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

i have sirius and i love the programming. also, love the commercial free music.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

I actually thought it would be a total waste of money to pay for radio until I got a free year of Sirius with new vehicle ..... I'm hooked. Listening to The Vault playing the album version of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida brought back great memories of the WUSF's Underground Railroad

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

My wife got me a Sirius radio in May. I've been following this thread since. I just hooked it up the other day and I have to say I love it. My only problem is there are always great songs on other channels so my driving has been rather eratic as I am scrolling through channel after channel.

I have to say it is good to hear BTLS agian. It's not that I think his show is all that great but it is a piece of home from Tampa that I can get in Texas. Heck before I registered my radio I was listening to the Tampa traffic reports (and laughing). No traffic here in Corpus. I'll be in Jacksonville soon enough (Mid August).

Archived