• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We can put all the BE split plans to bed now!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Syracuse.Com/Tranghese: BE is not going to split.

BE fans remind me of MWC fans. There is something in the human psychic that takes pleasure in the perceived power to raid another conference. BE is to be complimented on their huge success and their success helps insure CUSA success. CUSA is also likewise to be complimented. I will again say what I have always been saying. If BE expands, it will probably be by one.

BIG EAST COMMISSIONER TRANGHESE RETIRING

By Mike Waters, Syracuse.Com, June 6, 2008

"He recalled a meeting that included the presidents of the remaining football playing schools, including former Syracuse University Chancellor Buzz Shaw, as the point when the Big East determined its future. The presidents had been thinking about leaving the Big East and forming their own league."

"They looked at each other and said we're not going to do this," Tranghese said. "They looked at me and said we need you to put this back together."

"Tranghese declared that the Big East stands on solid ground and rejected notions of an impending split between the league's football and basketball factions."

"If I didn't think it were going to last," said Tranghese, "I would've stayed longer to make certain it would last."

http://www.syracuse.com/printer/printer....xml&coll=1

EAST CAROLINA, MEMPHIS NOT GOING ANYWHERE...AND NEITHER IS CONFERENCE ALIGNMENT

Orlando Sentinel, May 16, 2008

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_...ina-m.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Content Count:  6,928

Providence Journal: BE Presidents Ecstatic; No Split.

TRANGHESE PLANS TO LEAVE AS BIG EAST COMMISSIONER IN YEAR

Providence, By Kevin McNamara, June 6, 2008

From Big East Board

"There is a five year plan, but that does not say you have to do anything, and I spoke with three presidents of football schools at our meetings (last month) who are ecstatic with the way everything has worked out."

"We have too many good things going for us, for all the schools," he added. "What do you gain by separating? Maybe a little money.

I know the football schools wouldn't be on tv as much, and they wouldn't play (the conference basketball tournament) in Madison Square Garden. I can tell you that. Everyone is much more educated on all the issues than they were a few years ago."

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

good night gracie

• Content Count:  526

Well hopefully this will stop all of the BEAST expansion talk on the hopefuls (UCiF, ECU, Memphis) message boards.  Then again...you can never stop the delirious from daydreaming.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,457

Outgoing Trangeleaseeaneaman says we are solid.  Sure.

Archived