• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will there be a big 4 in Florida Football?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Excuse me but we clearly were the second best school in the state last year

We were clearly the second best team in the state the past 2 seasons.

I bleed green and gold, but we clearly should have beaten UCONN, RU and Cincy but we didn't.  So I'll never feel comfortable saying we should beat any of the Big3 until we actually do it on the field. All we did last year is start making a name for ourselves. We need to sustain that momentum and continue to win big games. We established ourselves as a Top25 caliber program. The next step is to be a bonafide Top 25 program every year and then slowly start changing that into a Top 15, Top 10 and finally Top 5.  I think we are on on our way, but we have to win the BigEast for starters, or at the very least be in the conversation until the last week of conference play.

I see this year as our REAL breakout year, but like most programs we have some question marks we need answer.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,813
  • Days Won:  22

Until we WIN the Big East and play in BCS games we will not be comapred to the other three.

This year I believe is HUGE for USF, we have a good shot at BE title and BCS bowl, we MUST take it.

Being considered the second best team in the state when FSU and UM are having down years will NOt get us there. We must show the fans and the recruits that comming to USF they will have the same or better shot at NC and BCS bowls as the other three. Until we can do that there is no Big 4

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

:deadhorse

To paraphrase Coach Jim Leavitt... "You gotta beat 'em to join 'em."

Next year. Miami comes to Raymond James stadium.  That is when USF will officially join the Big 4.

• Content Count:  1,470

Excuse me but we clearly were the second best school in the state last year and I would have liked a shot at UF.

Selvie vs Tebow, that's big time.

At Ray Jay, we'd have had a real chance.

Ha.... UF would have put up 70 on us

Just like they did on Michigan... oh wait... over--rated!!!

• Content Count:  760

Excuse me but we clearly were the second best school in the state last year and I would have liked a shot at UF.

Its sad that you believe that. With our defense shutting down the deep ball, it would be selvie, moffit, mckenzie, vs tebow. Not sure we would of some away with a W but lose by 70, no way. We arent UCF u know. Our defense keeps us in games.

As far as getting them at RayJay,  :ROFLMAO, just be happy if we get them at a neutral site.

• Content Count:  2,726

It is very sad you believe this.  How the **** can you say that?  What kind of freaking SEC sympathizer are you???

Did you see florida last year against Ole Miss, Auburn, Michigan, FAU?

Please...I am sick of hearing about tebow and the hillbillies from up north.  There is no way they would have taken us down, esp. by that much last season.  It would have been a GREAT game on ANY field.  Did you watch the Auburn game bud?

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Agree with Leavitt statement you have to beat them to join them.  Since FSU will never play us most likely and the fact that we start playing Miami for the next five years I really think that will be our litmus test.  Keep recruiting and building a fan base is what needs to happen.  This is I think one of our best shots at taking the Big East Conference this year.

USF at home would not loose to UF by 70 points, away probably 30 points but it depends on what USF team shows up.  The one versus Auburn and WVA we give them major problems the one that showed up against Oregon we get killed.  We have let downs, not sure what causes them but they happen and when they do it seems to me to be the whole team that gets it. 

To be considered part of the Big 3/4 in Florida you have to win.  Still a young program with lots of opportunity in front of us. 

The Sunshine network was running old UF and FSU games, I would love to be watching an old USF game.

• Content Count:  193

Its sad that you believe that. With our defense shutting down the deep ball, it would be selvie, moffit, mckenzie, vs tebow. Not sure we would of some away with a W but lose by 70, no way. We arent UCF u know. Our defense keeps us in games.

As far as getting them at RayJay,  :ROFLMAO, just be happy if we get them at a neutral site.

70 Points on our Defense??? I think Rocky Top must have us confused with UT's. What was the score of that game??

• Content Count:  3,078

apparently you guys have forgotten the bowl game already.  if you thought Oregon's "unconventional" offense gave us fits, just imagine what an unconventional offense with a heisman QB could do...

Archived