• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NICE Brawl in the Rays vs Sox

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Coco is a punk plain and simple.  Bartlett "blocking the bag" was not a dirty play at all.  If he wants to slide into 2nd head first, then he has to accept the possibility of injury.  He then goes superman the next time going into 2nd and could have easily blown Aki's knee out, which would have been much worse than Coco hurting his precious little finger. 

Then Shields hits him in the thigh, which is what you are supposed to do, and he gets pissed and charges the mound and almost took the haymaker of haymakers from Shields.  If he would have landed that punch (hopefully w/out hurting himself in the process), Robin Ventura could have thanked Coco Crisp for removing his name from the top of the all time worst decisions to charge the mound list.

I'm kind of glad that James did not land that punch, he probably would've broken his hand.  I am also glad that I am not the only one on the board that remembers 40 something  Ryan putting Ventura in a head lock and providing a beat down.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

coco crisp is a piece of trash.  next time we play, I hope kazmir throws a 95 mph fastball at his face

I say we pull our catcher before that and put Gomes in as catcher and let Kaz do his thing then see what happens. :o

• Content Count:  2,363

capt.eb2f8b0d95d44a80abd72c242f292e4a.rays_red_sox_baseball_mamd103.jpg

neo-dodging-bullets.jpg

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Part of the reason I don't like Hockey is the stupid amount of fighting coupled with the encouragement to do so.

At the same time I find this to be attractive to baseball, but it’s not the same.  It’s not encouraged.  There aren’t fights every other game and the suspensions will be severe (compared to 2-5minutes).

• Content Count:  500

Part of the reason I don't like Hockey is the stupid amount of fighting coupled with the encouragement to do so.

At the same time I find this to be attractive to baseball, but it’s not the same.  It’s not encouraged.  There aren’t fights every other game and the suspensions will be severe (compared to 2-5minutes).

Doesnt even make sense. You dont like an even one on one fight, but you like a 25 on 25 brawl with people getting stomped on 4 on 1? Coco deserved it all, but that was pretty claseless for the gangrape.

Take a second and thing about that mentality.

• Content Count:  2,511

I know we've got a couple of Sox fans, or were Sox fans, on here so I just need to ask what was so bad in what Bartlett did the previous night? He blocked the bag like a catcher blocks home plate. Is there some type of unwritten rule you don't do that on the bases? His leg was down way before the loon got there ..... Actually seems more dangerous to the fielder.

And I don't know who #31 for the Rays is, third base coach, I think, but he went in wailing on CooCoo ...... I loved it.

The frigging Red Sox feel entitled to preferential treatment from the umps just because they finally won 2 World Series in the past few years.  Look at how they pout when calls do not go their way like foul vs. home runs, strikes vs. balls, and close tags at the plate.

God forbid someone from the lowly Tampa Bay Rays blocks 2nd base and some Massengill feminine product with a name of a kid's cereal hurts his poor little fingers.

Coco Crisp should save his punches for his mommy and daddy for giving him such a stupid name.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I know we've got a couple of Sox fans, or were Sox fans, on here so I just need to ask what was so bad in what Bartlett did the previous night? He blocked the bag like a catcher blocks home plate. Is there some type of unwritten rule you don't do that on the bases? His leg was down way before the loon got there ..... Actually seems more dangerous to the fielder.

And I don't know who #31 for the Rays is, third base coach, I think, but he went in wailing on CooCoo ...... I loved it.

The frigging Red Sox feel entitled to preferential treatment from the umps just because they finally won 2 World Series in the past few years.  Look at how they pout when calls do not go their way like foul vs. home runs, strikes vs. balls, and close tags at the plate.

God forbid someone from the lowly Tampa Bay Rays blocks 2nd base and some Massengill feminine product with a name of a kid's cereal hurts his poor little fingers.

Coco Crisp should save his punches for his mommy and daddy for giving him such a stupid name.

yikes, there is a lot of pouting on this thread... i'm glad I was to busy watching the c's to get caught up in this...

yawn.

• Content Count:  487

Didn't Upton get tossed the other night for arguing balls and strikes?

Thought so.

• Content Count:  509

The red sawcks never argue about calls.  That guy yukilus is always accepts the umps calls, he never whines and crys like a little baby when he gets called out on strikes.  Rat face pedroia never complains, calls the ump an effing idiot, he doesn't walk all the way back to the dugout gripeing about being called out on strikes.  jon lester doesn't hit one of the rays batters, throw behind another, and throw at another guys head.  I mean, if someone did that they should get thrown out of the game, right?  boston coaches don't slam down pitchers during a brawl for no reason at all.  If they did, they would be ejected.  mlb is always picking on the poor sawcks.  The calls from the umps always go against the sawcks, especially at fenway.  bj upton got called out on strikes and whined about, he got thrown out.  thats the way it works rays fans, you can't argue balls and strikes.

• Content Count:  509

oh yeah, I like figure skating too.

Archived