• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

BE Commish Stepping down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

change may be innevitable

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

he voted against a plus one. This will be good if we get someone for a plus one or playoff system

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

he voted against a plus one. This will be good if we get someone for a plus one or playoff system

A playoff would not be beneficial to USF at this time.  As a new member to a BCS league, we need to establish ourselves as a national power, and go to BCS bowls prior to a playoff.  A playoff would level the playing field between the BCS and non BCS leagues.  Thereby taking away any advantage we have over non bcs teams.  Once we establish ouselves as a true national power, say, in 5-10 years, then it would not be harmful.

Look for the non bcs beggars (UCF/Memphis/ECU) to come out of the woodwork with this news, hoping to be included in any BE split.

• Content Count:  2,277

Maybe the new guy will do something about the horrible BE officiating!

He voted against the Plus one because his bosses -- the university presidents -- are against the plus one... sure he may advise them on his opinion, but if the University Presidents told him to vote for it, he would have voted for it.

• Content Count:  760

Sooo, I'm gonna go ahead and throw my resume into the mix  :D

• Content Count:  88

I don't see split/expansion as being inevitable bc of a change at the top. And playoff system would be the worst thing to happen to USF right now. Not implying you couldn't win a playoff, but as the other poster said, you guys worked hard to gain the BCS advantage. Playoff system would wipe that away.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I don't see split/expansion as being inevitable bc of a change at the top. And playoff system would be the worst thing to happen to USF right now. Not implying you couldn't win a playoff, but as the other poster said, you guys worked hard to gain the BCS advantage. Playoff system would wipe that away.

One of the most sensible posts I have ever seen from a Knight fan on this board.

• Content Count:  711

A playoff would not be beneficial to USF at this time.  As a new member to a BCS league, we need to establish ourselves as a national power, and go to BCS bowls prior to a playoff.  A playoff would level the playing field between the BCS and non BCS leagues.  Thereby taking away any advantage we have over non bcs teams.  Once we establish ouselves as a true national power, say, in 5-10 years, then it would not be harmful.

Look for the non bcs beggars (UCF/Memphis/ECU) to come out of the woodwork with this news, hoping to be included in any BE split.

Every non-BCS team would like a BCS invite...not just the ones you listed.  USF would be doing the same if there's a split.

• Content Count:  711

I wouldn't want to see a playoff system, either.  Not just for your reasons...but as a college football fan...I love bowl season and the spectacle of it all.  Although...I do admit the current system is flawed and caters to few, rather than the many.

Archived