• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Trip shouldn't stop Tampa's Rays fans from reaching Trop

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

I was never a huge MLB fan growing up, I played up until HS but never followed a team really, that changed when I came to Tampa.

I try and make it to as many games as possible, but the fact of the matter is that all in all, its not the easiest trip to make.  A lot of the games are around 6ish on weekdays, most people need to get home to their families & traffic is no picnic.

Then, take into account that this is the first year the Rays have been anything but dismal, there is no strong tradition to tie people to the Rays, yet.  Tropicana is not Fenway or Wrigley.  A lot of people plain and simply can't spend the money (gas, tickets, food/drinks/parking), I know when I go, its not a cheap night...**** Center Field Brewhouse.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Lets be brutally honest about major league baseball in tampa bay: We dont like it that much!

Id drive much longer to watch a football game, bulls mainly, probably for the bucs too.

But for a baseball game, meh could care less

atleast someone is honest

Which is more than you can say about your board name. AKA MIAMIsportsfan83. The only thing that you like outside of Miami is the Bulls. You really should change your name.

Why do you hate the Rays so much??

For the record I have been to two games this year and plan on going to more. BUT, for an afternoon game with the Yankees, it took me 1 hr to get from the interstate in St. Pete to the ballpark, on top of the trip from Tampa, and there were only 19.7K at that game.  Attendance is a relative thing, compared to the Miami, Chicago, Boston, and New York the bay area is small. So, attendance should be lower. Oh well, there is no arguing with you when it comes to anything (other then the Bulls) outside of Miami.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

Lets be brutally honest about major league baseball in tampa bay: We dont like it that much!

Id drive much longer to watch a football game, bulls mainly, probably for the bucs too.

But for a baseball game, meh could care less

atleast someone is honest

Which is more than you can say about your board name. AKA MIAMIsportsfan83. The only thing that you like outside of Miami is the Bulls. You really should change your name.

Why do you hate the Rays so much??

For the record I have been to two games this year and plan on going to more. BUT, for an afternoon game with the Yankees, it took me 1 hr to get from the interstate in St. Pete to the ballpark, on top of the trip from Tampa, and there were only 19.7K at that game.  Attendance is a relative thing, compared to the Miami, Chicago, Boston, and New York the bay area is small. So, attendance should be lower. Oh well, there is no arguing with you when it comes to anything (other then the Bulls) outside of Miami.

some small market teams do well

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

How a fan of any Miami sports teams can rip other teams' attendance is beyond me.

How a fan of any Miami sports teams can rip other teams' attendance is beyond me.

Miami, TAmpa, and Atlanta are by far the worst Sports towns in America.

it use to boil my blood to see all the "huge marlins fans" show up during our 2 world championship runs.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Unfortunately, it is hard to argue with that point. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I disagree.  The Bucs, Lightning, and Bulls are selling out the stadiums.  Tampa is a bad baseball town, not sports.

I disagree.  The Bucs, Lightning, and Bulls are selling out the stadiums.  Tampa is a bad baseball town, not sports.

How many games did the Lightning sell out? and the Bulls sold out because we had a ton of banwagon jumpers. Where were all those fans before we were #2?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

How many games did the Lightning sell out? and the Bulls sold out because we had a ton of banwagon jumpers. Where were all those fans before we were #2?

Fans have to come from somewhere.  When bandwagoners come on board and stay on board that is how a fan is created.

When a brand new team is created and someone claims to be a fan of the team before they've ever played a game would they not be a bandwagon fan?  Fans have to come from somewhere.

After the Bucs won the super bowl they had a series of crappy seasons.  Does ray jay still sell out?

Now that the Bulls have come close to the pinnacle, will the upper bowl ever close again?

As for the lightning. It doesn't even snow in Florida.  You have to go out of your way to even attempt playing hockey.  It's still doing well.

So, some fans want a little something before they start.  Well, the rays haven't given that yet.

As for Miami, it's just a ****** baseball town.  The Marlins have produced on several occasions.  That team just isn't loved.

Archived