• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

any body see kimbo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He looked just like i thought he would look.  A fighter with knock out power, no conditioning, no ground game, who's a product of internet hype.  A decent fighter would have tapped him or finished the fight when it when to the ground where Kimbo was defenseless.  Also the guy he fought had been knocked out in 5 of his last 6 losses and Kimbo couldn't finish this can?  It's a shame a novice like Kimbo gets more attention than deserving vets who would wipe the floor with him.  Then again people like freak shows hence the Tyson Vs Kimbo talk in this thread.   

Deserving vets?

If they were more interesting they would get the attention.

News flash: Capitalism.

They need to hype themselves more.  Fighting isn’t all the work, there’s more to it.

Yes deserving vets that actually have earned their way to the point they are at not a freak show that is invovled in a 2 bit organization lacking any talent on their roster.  Just because someone was asking a lower price to get on network TV doesn't mean they deserve to be there.  Saturday was the equivalent of a televised rookie league baseball game.  Kimbo is a joke and i can't wait till he fights a quality fighter and doesn't make it out of the first round (he barely made it out of the 2nd round against a fighter that has been knocked out twice under 1 minute in 2 of of his previous 6 bouts how about that super human kimbo punching power  ::)  ) so this hype machine will die.  Saturday was a black eye to the sport if you ask me.    Also what kind of self respecting organization lets a fighter go in the ring without draining a cauliflower ear that severe? 

I agree it's utterly shameless and ridiculous that this organization would come up with entertaining programming.  Attracting new fans isn't just stupid; it's a down right transgression of the entire sport.  A popular man drawing the largest audience MMA has had is foolish.

Don’t they know what’s best for the sport?

Who needs fans anyways?

The sport has been growing like a weed without the help of the joke of a promotion called elite XC.  Terrible arguement.  Putting beginner level MMA on TV does more harm than good especially when the organization is a badly run as XC.  Lets see we had a terrible stoppage due to a poke to the eye where the fighter wasn't even given his full 5mins to recover.  An early stoppage in the womans bout  And a fight that was obviously stopped too early so that XC can protect their investment, i mean excuse me "champion".  Sorry but that card was garbage MMA and so is that whole org.  MMA made into the mainstream without the overrated kimbo and elite XC and will continue to grow long after the kimbo hype is gone and elite XC folds. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fedor would just embarrass Kimbo

Hell, Tim Sylvia would humiliate Kimbo

I would kind of like to see Brock Lesnar v. Kimbo, but I still think Lesnar would dominate the fight

I don't think Kimbo could beat ANY HW on the UFC roster.  Hell i think there are middleweights out there that could stop him in the first round.  Kimbo is to MMA as Mike Tyson is to boxing, a freak show plain and simple. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm not arguing that Slice isn't overrated.

Tyson was a freak show, but he was a monster.  It's a different situation.  Tyson ate everyone's breakfast (don't ask, I just like the expression).

No, I don't watch MMA, but I did watch the slice fight.  Guess what? I won't be watching any MMA till freakshow Slice comes back out.  Bad for the sport?  I don't think so; I can't see it being bad to pump some money into it now and again.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

that ear was sick

that ear was sick

Agreed.

I wonder what Tyson could have done to it.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Freakshows are not necessarily bad for a sport, especially one like wrestling, boxing, and MMA.  Sure he isn't that good, but if he draws new fans in, and money in, the sport is better off for it.  You can still have your great bouts between real fighters, but an occasional freak show is good.

Andre the giant, while he did have SOME talent and was a very nice guy, was a freak show that people loved.  Not quite the same situation, but it helped make wrestling main stream, despite the fact that the whole thing is a farce.  That is pretty impressive.  I don't think Kimbo will have anywhere near that affect, but it certainly isn't bad for MMA, imho.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Now if Kimbo gets himself killed in the ring... THAT would be bad for MMA.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,449
  • Days Won:  13

He looked just like i thought he would look.  A fighter with knock out power, no conditioning, no ground game, who's a product of internet hype.  A decent fighter would have tapped him or finished the fight when it when to the ground where Kimbo was defenseless.  Also the guy he fought had been knocked out in 5 of his last 6 losses and Kimbo couldn't finish this can?  It's a shame a novice like Kimbo gets more attention than deserving vets who would wipe the floor with him.  Then again people like freak shows hence the Tyson Vs Kimbo talk in this thread.   

Deserving vets?

If they were more interesting they would get the attention.

News flash: Capitalism.

They need to hype themselves more.  Fighting isn’t all the work, there’s more to it.

Yes deserving vets that actually have earned their way to the point they are at not a freak show that is invovled in a 2 bit organization lacking any talent on their roster.   Just because someone was asking a lower price to get on network TV doesn't mean they deserve to be there.  Saturday was the equivalent of a televised rookie league baseball game.  Kimbo is a joke and i can't wait till he fights a quality fighter and doesn't make it out of the first round (he barely made it out of the 2nd round against a fighter that has been knocked out twice under 1 minute in 2 of of his previous 6 bouts how about that super human kimbo punching power  ::)  ) so this hype machine will die.   Saturday was a black eye to the sport if you ask me.    Also what kind of self respecting organization lets a fighter go in the ring without draining a cauliflower ear that severe? 

I agree it's utterly shameless and ridiculous that this organization would come up with entertaining programming.  Attracting new fans isn't just stupid; it's a down right transgression of the entire sport.  A popular man drawing the largest audience MMA has had is foolish.

Don’t they know what’s best for the sport?

Who needs fans anyways?

not the rays.

Lies!  I so badly wanted (and still do) the Rays to Bring in freakshow Barry Bonds as a DH!!!

Now that'd lure some fans!

that ear was sick

Agreed.

I wonder what Tyson could have done to it.

The obvious answer is eat it. 

Also for all the people that may have been won over on Saturday here are some fighters to google or youtube for some great fights/highlight vids

ro

Fedor Emelianenko (guy in my sig)

Anderson Silva

Wanderlei Silva

BJ Penn

George St. Pierre

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Randy Couture

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Dan "Hollywood" Henderson

Urijah Faber

Mirko Crocop

All are very entertaining and skilled fighters, enjoy. 

Also freakshows are bad for sport that is trying to gain legitamacy and get away from labels such as "human cockfighting" and is one bad incident away from a huge backlash and possible banning (very possible in this reactionary country). 

Archived