• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Green Jacket Donor Question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I still have my certificate laying around. I need to get down to Kirby's someday.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

Back when I first reached that status I don't think "Athletic Association" had its act together regarding getting out the certificates.   I complained back then, but things still fell through the cracks and like has been pointed out there are not that many opportunities to use one anyway.     One of the guys I went to the Oklahoma game with had the same story, so I don't think my situation is that unusual for a few years back.  Other than a few years of ribbing from the wife it was not a big deal.   

At least it doesn't seem to be a problem now since most of you seem to be getting the certificates.  Just like the team the staff of the Bulls Club has gotten better with time.   :)

• Content Count:  1,158

Hey guys:

I'm hoping to insitute some green jacket events in the upcoming year to encourage people to wear them more prominently.  It could be a special event or at a game.  If you have some ideas, let me know.  Please, only real ideas (ie. no gold thongs please).

Eric

• Content Count:  3,574

I'm hoping to insitute some green jacket events in the upcoming year to encourage people to wear them more prominently.  It could be a special event or at a game. 

Awesome!  :clap

I plan on wearing it when I fly down for some games (when traveling).

Let us know when you finalize these events.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Eric,

Why not have an event prior to the game at Ray Jay.  Start a tradition of some sort of buffet or banquet.  Possibly get a coach or some players to drop in for a few words before a game.

Just a thought.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think having a late fall "early winter" type of event would be good.....hold an event outside the stadium, make it only to Green Jacket donors, and make it look as appealing as possible....this may help lead to more donors down the road....I would volunteer for this....

• Content Count:  4,642

I still have my certificate laying around. I need to get down to Kirby's someday.

me too... it's just hard when you live in another state.

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

I like others have my certificate and never bothered to get the jacket.  Martin had a great idea about a special meeting/ lunch for Green jacket donors...I would def pick mine up to attend and I believe others would want the right and pony up the $$$. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,947
  • Days Won:  469

I think I first donated at the Green Jacket/Scholar Bull level in '96 or so.  Never got a jacket.  I'm hoping USF isn't paying Kirby's in advance.  I imagine there are a few jackets yet to be picked up.

Funny that I have the gold thong, but never thought to wear the green jacket.  That's why ___ EI is where he is and I am where I am I guess.  It's that extra "uh-huh" he puts into it.

• Content Count:  1,985

I wear mine to the golf course.. Not only am I seen as a Bulls supporter but a past Masters Champion. 

Archived