• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball signee arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

How do the prosecutors decide not to press charges?

Wouldn't that be up to the little girl's parents?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Although the focus of my practice is civil law, there are a variety of reasons that the Prosecutor would opt not to proceed with charges. First, and foremost, if the girl and/or her parents were completely unwilling to cooperate, then the case become much more difficult, if not impossible, to prosecute. Why would a Prosecutor waste his or her time if the "victim" and her parents do not want to see the boy prosecuted. Other issues could be errors in making the arrest by the investigating officer, or a decision that the time and resources needed to prosecute this matter could be better used elsewhere. Remember, we are in a time of enormous budget cuts across the State, so prosecutors need to be a little more choosey about which cases they opt to puruse. Just my two cents. 

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

No wonder no one thinks twice about committing a crime.  As long as it's not a headline grabber they go scott free.  The jackass that broke into my house christmas eve still hasn't gone to trial despite supposedly having to go in 90 days (federal case) and here i am, almost 6 months later and I still can't get my **** guns back bc they're in evidence! 

The "system" is a joke as it stands these days...

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I'm glad he's getting off.  I hope succeeds with USF

I wonder how graduation was

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Good news for Jay Taylor.  I didn't see him play at the All Star Game though.  I saw Sam Mende.  He looks like the real deal.  Hopefully he chooses USF over the minors. 

Good news for Jay Taylor.  I didn't see him play at the All Star Game though.  I saw Sam Mende.  He looks like the real deal.  Hopefully he chooses USF over the minors. 

He didn't go, I think it may be because of his father.

Charges dropped against Seminole baseball player

Article published on Tuesday, June 3, 2008

SEMINOLE – Charges against Seminole High School baseball standout Jay Taylor were dropped May 30 following an investigation by the Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney’s Office, according to court records.

Taylor, 18, was arrested May 21 by the Indian Shores Police Department and accused of felony lewd and lascivious battery on a child.

The arrest originated from an incident on May 13 when an Indian Shores police officer said he witnessed Taylor having sex with an underage female in Taylor’s 2003 Ford pickup truck.

According to a spokeswoman, the state attorney’s office “almost never files charges with teenagers when it’s consenual sex. Plus, the victim’s parents didn’t want us to file.â€Â

Article published on Tuesday, June 3, 2008

http://www.tbnweekly.com/pubs/seminole_beacon/content_articles/060308_smb-05.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently he had a meeting with Doug Woolard, i don't know how it went.  If he gets let go, St. Petersburg College would offer a scholarship

Archived