• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Baseball signee arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Reading this makes me think of the whole thign that happened with Antwan Easterling down at Northwestern High School days before their State Championship. He still got his scholarship at Southern Miss. I think he has since called it quits but.. he was a Senior caught having sex with a 14 y/o Freshman in an on campus bathroom. They tried to cover it up but it all blew up. Main thing was he still went on to sign.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,590
  • Days Won:  3

Reading this makes me think of the whole thign that happened with Antwan Easterling down at Northwestern High School days before their State Championship. He still got his scholarship at Southern Miss. I think he has since called it quits but.. he was a Senior caught having sex with a 14 y/o Freshman in an on campus bathroom. They tried to cover it up but it all blew up. Main thing was he still went on to sign.

In a school bathroom?  Atleast this guy did it in a car at night.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

What's wrong with you guys who are trying to make excuses for him. She was 14! Imagine if that was your daughter. This guy belongs in jail unless she did fool him into thinking she was old enough. However, if he knew she was 14.. that's just wrong.

Allright oldman. Thanks for letting us know your 70. 75% of the 14 year olds today LOOK 18, and claim to be 16-17-21, depending on what it will get them. This doesnt sound like he forced himself on her, it sounds like there was consent. If the girl was 16, and he was 20 would there be a different opinion?

basically.  14yrs old in 2008 is not even close to 14yrs old in 1988 kids theses days are wild as hell.  Case and point, about a year and a 1/2 ago i was in the mall eating in the food court on my lunch break and i overhear two girls behind me talking about the previous night and their sexual exploits with their "boyfriends" and also a in depth conversation about anal sex and if they would let their B/fs contiunue to have anal sex with them.  So long story short i finish my lunch get up and notice that the girls involved could be no older than 15 at the absolute most.  14 now days is like 18 was 10 or more years ago and not even in the stratosphere as it was 20 or more years ago.  Also isn't putting hormononed crazed 18yr old boys in the same environment as willing 14yr old girls 5 days a week almost like entrapment?  Hormone craze teens are going to have sex no matter what so there should be no reason to ruin a dudes life because he had sex with a schoolmate. 

the charges might be dropped

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

What's wrong with you guys who are trying to make excuses for him. She was 14! Imagine if that was your daughter. This guy belongs in jail unless she did fool him into thinking she was old enough. However, if he knew she was 14.. that's just wrong.

Nothing wrong.  Why does he belong in jail?  I really think they need to cahnge around this law, make the minimum of the law less for cases like this.

Cases like what?  It's ok for an 18 yr old athlete to have sex with 14 yr olds?  A 17/18 year old is an adult and should act accordingly. 

It's your responsibility to get someone's age before sexing them up.  When she pulls up on her bike or walking that's a pretty good indication of her age.  Or the, "Hey my mom's coming to pick me up in 45 mins. let's get this show on the road"

I just don't think anyone should have sex with a 14 yr old.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Nothing wrong.  Why does he belong in jail?  I really think they need to cahnge around this law, make the minimum of the law less for cases like this.

Cases like what?  It's ok for an 18 yr old athlete to have sex with 14 yr olds?  A 17/18 year old is an adult and should act accordingly. 

It's your responsibility to get someone's age before sexing them up.  When she pulls up on her bike or walking that's a pretty good indication of her age.  Or the, "Hey my mom's coming to pick me up in 45 mins. let's get this show on the road"

18yr olds are adults in the legal system but far from adults when it comes to maturity.  Especially when you're 18 and still in high school. 

She was 15

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Hopefully everything works out OK for him.  I think I met him and his parents at one of the baseball games this year.  Nice family.  Tough situation.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Seminole player stays on all-star roster despite felony charge

By Bob Putnam, Times Staff Writer

In print: Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Seminole High baseball player will play in Sunday's Pinellas vs. Hillsborough all-star game at Tropicana Field despite facing a felony charge of having sex with a minor.

Jay Anthony Taylor, 18, was arrested May 21 at school on a charge of lewd and lascivious battery on a child, a second-degree felony punishable by as long as 15 years in prison. Taylor was released the same day after posting a $20,000 bond. A court date has not been set.

The incident occurred May 13 when an Indian Shores police officer said he saw Taylor having sex with a 15-year-old girl in Taylor's 2003 Ford truck.

Taylor was selected for the all-star game in March. St. Petersburg coach Stefan Futch, who will coach the Pinellas team, said Taylor, a senior, is allowed to play because he has not been suspended from school.

Under School Board policy, a principal can suspend a student who has been charged by the State Attorney's Office with violent conduct if the principal decides the incident has an "adverse impact on the educational program, discipline or welfare of the school."

The Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney's Office has not assigned a prosecutor to the case.

Taylor has signed to play baseball with USF, which had no comment on the situation.

Futch said Taylor most likely will not play in the field Sunday and will be used as a pinch-hitter for one inning.

Repeated attempts to contact Taylor and Seminole principal Walter Weller were unsuccessful.

[Last modified: May 30, 2008 11:32 PM]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseballpreps/article552409.ece

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Prosecutors drop charges against Seminole's Jay Taylor

By Bob Putnam, Times Staff Writer

In print: Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Prosecutors will not press criminal charges against Seminole High baseball standout Jay Taylor, who was accused of having sex with a minor.

The 18-year-old senior was arrested May 21 by the Indian Shores police department on a charge of lewd and lascivious battery. The second-degree felony charge could have meant up to 15 years in prison.

Now the Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney's Office has decided not to take the case to trial.

The arrest stemmed from a May 13 incident in which an Indian Shores police officer said he saw Taylor having sex with a 15-year-old girl in his 2003 Ford truck.

Taylor, who has signed to play baseball with USF, batted .424 for the Warhawks. He was selected to play in Sunday's Pinellas-Hillsborough all-star game but decided not to play, according to St. Petersburg coach Stefan Futch, who coached the Pinellas team.

[Last modified: Jun 03, 2008 12:00 AM]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseballpreps/article598071.ece

Archived