• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Clinch Spot in BIG EAST Championship

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Bulls Clinch Spot in BIG EAST Championship

TAMPA, Fla. – The University of South Florida clinched a spot in the BIG EAST Baseball Championship held at Bright House Field in Clearwater, Fla., after Rutgers lost, 3-1, to Louisville Friday afternoon in Kentucky. 

"It's great," said head coach Lelo Prado upon hearing the news. "Any time you can get into the tournament, and have a chance to win, it's a good thing. Now we have a shot at winning a conference championship, and that's what we play for every day."

On Tuesday, May 20, the Bulls will play the 8 p.m. game of the tournament against a currently unknown opponent. The tournament seeds will be set and released following the completion of the regular season on Saturday evening.

Read more at GoUSFBulls.com

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

doesnt get better than this

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

What a misleading headline... It should say Bulls clinch spot to play in Big East Tournament. I'm not as pumped after reading the article saying we qualified for the tourney. Hello... we live in Florida. You should always make a conference tourney if you reside in Florida. No excuses.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

What a misleading headline... It should say Bulls clinch spot to play in Big East Tournament. I'm not as pumped after reading the article saying we qualified for the tourney. Hello... we live in Florida. You should always make a conference tourney if you reside in Florida. No excuses.

BINGO!!!

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

great job bulls!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Well, Prado is 2/2 in making the tourney.  Better than pretty much every other sport, with maybe the exception of softball.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Well, Prado is 2/2 in making the tourney.  Better than pretty much every other sport, with maybe the exception of softball.

we play in a weak baseball conference. We also play in Florida. Prado should be at the very least make the Big East tourney

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

As misleading as the headline sounds, the conference refers to the tourney as the Big East Baseball Championship.  I have a t-shirt from the last time it was in Clearwater and thats what it says on it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

What a misleading headline...

I agree .... It should have read "Men Bulls Clinch Spot in BIG EAST Championship"

Archived