• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

does charles barkely have

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

a gambling problem?

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

He has admitted that he gambles, that he likes to gamble, etc.  Don't know if he ever said he has a "problem."  But it appears that he probably does.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

it's only a problem if it "hurts" you financially... I doubt Barkley is really "hurting".  He has so much money, it isn't even funny.  He could lose millions gambling and it wouldn't make a lick of a difference.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Big time problem.  $400K is a lot of money, regardless of your liquidity.  It also is a gambling sum that tends to raise an eyebrow at the IRS and invites an audit. . . . . nobody wants that.

If it wasn't much, why did he have to wait for the threat of a felony indictment to pay?

IMO, Sir Charles is a degenerate gambler.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

it's only a problem if it "hurts" you financially... I doubt Barkley is really "hurting".  He has so much money, it isn't even funny.  He could lose millions gambling and it wouldn't make a lick of a difference.

If he could just drop "millions" without making a difference, then he wouldn't be dealing with the IRS to pay a $400k gambling debt, unless of course he has a gambling problem and is down more than "millions".

I bet this $400k doesn't scratch the surface of how much he's lost.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

that may be true, or there may be some other issue involved that we aren't aware of with the IRS...

His net worth is at least in the high tens of millions.  If he lost more than 10 million (> 10% of his worth), he does need some serious help.

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

he couldnt pay his debt

i say he is hurting

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if he "couldn't" pay his debt as much as it was perhaps that he didn't think he "had to."  The guys on PTI were saying that maybe he didn't think he would have to pay the debt because of who he is.  I do think though that if he continues to have these types of incidents occur, he may lose his tv gig.  Regardless of how much $$ he has, $400K is a huge amount of money to lose.  Yikes! :thumbsdown

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I don't know if he "couldn't" pay his debt as much as it was perhaps that he didn't think he "had to."  The guys on PTI were saying that maybe he didn't think he would have to pay the debt because of who he is.  I do think though that if he continues to have these types of incidents occur, he may lose his tv gig.  Regardless of how much $$ he has, $400K is a huge amount of money to lose.  Yikes! :thumbsdown

I actually thought he was only an announcer because of crap like this.  I think people feel sorry for him.  He's a terrible commentator, but he is very knowledgeable.

Archived