• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2010 Ouch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

I know what you are saying about Grothe but someone else may be able to step in just fine with all that talent around them.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Seeing as how the UF games have been moved a couple of times I wouldn't be surprised to see that game get moved again, or be dropped from the schedule.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Seeing as how the UF games have been moved a couple of times I wouldn't be surprised to see that game get moved again, or be dropped from the schedule.

I doubt that UF would agree to move it AGAIN for OUR benefit. They can't be that stupid. LOL

I also doubt that we drop it, since the buyout is too costly.

I expect it will go on as scheduled.

The USF bookstore is already selling the game shirts.

It's more likely that the second game with UF might change again or be dropped, as by that time the buyout would probably seem inexpensive and we would be in a better position to handle the revenue loss.

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

Remember it is somewhat a rebuilding year, Grothe is gone.

Away Games 2010

Florida

Miami

West Virginia

Louisville

Cincinnati

usf should have recruited a stud qb bigger and better than grothe

a team in tampa florida should be reloading NOT REBUILDING

I doubt that UF would agree to move it AGAIN for OUR benefit. They can't be that stupid. LOL

We were just as willing to move both games to accommodate our schedule as well.

UF isn't stupid and if we build the right way the next 2 seasons, then they may opt out.

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

I also doubt that we drop it, since the buyout is too costly.

I expect it will go on as scheduled.

The USF bookstore is already selling the game shirts.

It's more likely that the second game with UF might change again or be dropped, as by that time the buyout would probably seem inexpensive and we would be in a better position to handle the revenue loss.

Oh no.. the bookstore already is selling shrits.. They can't move it.

We were just as willing to move both games to accommodate our schedule as well.

UF isn't stupid and if we build the right way the next 2 seasons, then they may opt out.

When the Florida games were moved the last time it was because we wanted to add the additional Miami Thanksgiving games. We originally had a home game scheduled with Indiana in that year to offset the away game at Miami, but Florida INSISTED that the game be played in 2010 and thus we really had no other choice. We would have much preferred to play Florida in 2011 when we again play Miami at home. As a result, our home game with Indiana got pushed back to 2016.

Florida is getting HOME games against USF pretty much on the cheap, by their standards, so it's highly unlikely that they'd be the ones asking out of the contract.

Florida is getting HOME games against USF pretty much on the cheap, by their standards, so it's highly unlikely that they'd be the ones asking out of the contract.

And you really think they want another tough game on their OOC schedule? They are the epitome of cupcake OOC schedules. If the FSU game wasn't forced upon them, then do you think they'd be playing it? I just remain skeptical that dates don't change again. They let us accommodate Miami and we let them accommodate Miami in 2008 and 2009.

And you really think they want another tough game on their OOC schedule? They are the epitome of cupcake OOC schedules. If the FSU game wasn't forced upon them, then do you think they'd be playing it? I just remain skeptical that dates don't change again. They let us accommodate Miami and we let them accommodate Miami in 2008 and 2009.

They already have two cupcakes on their OOC schedule in 2010:

Florida 2010

9-4 Miami OH

9-11 South Florida

TBA Appalachian State

TBA @ Florida State

They already have two cupcakes on their OOC schedule in 2010:

Florida 2010

9-4 Miami OH

9-11 South Florida

TBA Appalachian State

TBA @ Florida State

I guessed you missed my point. In the years where they don't put Miami on the schedule they play 3 OOC cupcakes. I'm just finding it hard to believe that they are going to annually play 2 tough OOC games outside of their SEC schedule. I'm still skeptical.

Archived