• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why isn't there a Bar named...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

There is a bar named Rocky's at the USF golf course.

Well, the restaurant has recently changed ownership from the people that owned it to the company that bought out the golf course. I don't know why they would change the name of the place, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they did

That was the same rumor back in 1998 and 1999 when it changed ownership...  It used to be the best place for good wings and cheap beer!  Pitchers of Amber Bock were like $4-$5 each... sometimes a good wink at the waitress would get us a free refill!  Franque on the guitar was pretty annoying, but after all that beer, who cared?   

After all the time and money they are putting into that place trust me it is going to kick ass.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,457

How about Rocky has Bulls!

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Did any of you ever made it to "Hard Bodies" on Nebraska and Bearss? We used to call that place "Fat Bodies", I swear I saw a pregnant woman dancing there before. The place smell like fresh squeezed piss, but for some reason my frat bros always ended up there when they got drunk.

Ah, yes, Fat Bodies. I remember it quite fondly. I'm thinking that since you keenly remember how well it smelled, you must have gone with us quite a few times to remember things so vividly.  ;D

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Goodfellas Thursday nights.  If I had half the game that I have now when I was in college I would've done well at that place. 

• Content Count:  1,981

Did any of you ever made it to "Hard Bodies" on Nebraska and Bearss? We used to call that place "Fat Bodies", I swear I saw a pregnant woman dancing there before. The place smell like fresh squeezed piss, but for some reason my frat bros always ended up there when they got drunk.

Ah, yes, Fat Bodies. I remember it quite fondly. I'm thinking that since you keenly remember how well it smelled, you must have gone with us quite a few times to remember things so vividly.  ;D

I never went by choice, I was always kidnapped, and conned into going since I wasn't driving. You bastards.

• Content Count:  1,757

Did any of you ever made it to "Hard Bodies" on Nebraska and Bearss? We used to call that place "Fat Bodies", I swear I saw a pregnant woman dancing there before. The place smell like fresh squeezed ****, but for some reason my frat bros always ended up there when they got drunk.

I never went by choice, I was always kidnapped, and conned into going since I wasn't driving. You bastards.

RIIIGHT!!! And they just forced you to get lap-dances, didn't they?  (Did they do lap-dances there?  Would you actually want one?!?) 

• Content Count:  1,981

Did any of you ever made it to "Hard Bodies" on Nebraska and Bearss? We used to call that place "Fat Bodies", I swear I saw a pregnant woman dancing there before. The place smell like fresh squeezed ****, but for some reason my frat bros always ended up there when they got drunk.

RIIIGHT!!! And they just forced you to get lap-dances, didn't they?  (Did they do lap-dances there?  Would you actually want one?!?) 

Yeah they did everything, the place was such a **** hole that the lap dances were about $3 per song.

• Content Count:  1,985

also everyone here needs to play all their golf at the claw since its usf's course

If they would ever put GREENS back on the golf course.  SGI (I beleive that is the mgmt co.) has screwed up what was once one of the top ten courses on the west coast of Florida.  When I played it in the 90's it was great.  Now you cannot even call it a goat track. the greens are burned out, the tee boxes are a mess. 

I truly wish it was playable the layout is awsome, but last time I played I asked the pro for my money back, told him they charged me greens fees, and there weren't any!.

You obviously have not been there in a long time. Since I started playing and working there the greens have been only getting better (and when I got there they were nowhere near as bad as you remember.

I promise to check it out then.  I absolutely love the course, and it broke my heart that it got too bad to play. 

• Content Count:  1,985

OK, I have been so getting into this ride down memory lane, and feel sorry for the students today, they just dont seem to have these choices.  Is there ANYPLACE near campus that is a good hangout?

WE have all also missed the one classic I do know is still there........

SKIPPERS!!!!!! Although it is far more refined today, with actual windows, covering and tables outside.. lol

Still the place to catch blues until "Big Daddy Bull's Bodacious BBQ and Blues Emporium" opens....

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's not really USF affiliated in any way, but Mr. Dunderback's is far and away the best bar in Tampa.

Archived