• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why isn't there a Bar named...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  478
  • Days Won:  0

this makes me feel really really old- when i was in college Rocky's at the golf course was THE place to be on Thursday nights. That place was so packed and people who lived in the apts just walked there and walked/stumbled home. Does anyone remember this or am I just that old? lol

I remember. That was a great time b/c The Greenery went downhill about then. The specials at Rocky's were great. Franque the owner on the guitar was a bit much but he could play "Southern Cross" so we gave him a break.  There actually use to be a huge line to get get in on Thur. night for some time.

yeahhhhh! lol. These kids don't know what they're missin! So fun!!!! I miss college!  :'(

I just don't understand - if a place is doing THAT well (aka making mucho dinero) then why change it? Is it me or was that really dumb?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  201

dont worry, its coming back

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,985

also everyone here needs to play all their golf at the claw since its usf's course

If they would ever put GREENS back on the golf course.  SGI (I beleive that is the mgmt co.) has screwed up what was once one of the top ten courses on the west coast of Florida.  When I played it in the 90's it was great.  Now you cannot even call it a goat track. the greens are burned out, the tee boxes are a mess. 

I truly wish it was playable the layout is awsome, but last time I played I asked the pro for my money back, told him they charged me greens fees, and there weren't any!.

• Content Count:  1,985

Actually, where Bruno's is now used to be (83-84) a place called The Grog.. That was awsome, on Fletcher.  Any of the old timers here remember the original on campus bar "The Empty Keg".  Back when the Marshall Center was the UC, and the Keg had a little corner stage and cheap pitchers.  It was dark, and grungy and had the best bands and comics hit that stage.

They remodelled the UC, moved the Keg downstairs and it was sterile and clean, and nobody went after that.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

bar on-campus might be to big of a problem.

You've obviously never to the fine arts portion of the campus huh??    ;)

• Content Count:  223

We need to get rid of the ghetto areas around campus

I'll preempt this by saying I am not a racist and this applies to everyone in the "ghetto" area. Thank you.

Here is my plan:

Wipe out the corner of Fletcher & BBD where Super Wal-Mart and the HartLine bus station is. Build stadium.

Bulldoze the duplex homes near Panera and University Mall. Build bar(s).

Buy University Mall. Add classrooms. (not gonna happen, as mall is doing renovations and is here to stay)

Destroy Greek Village. Build Cypress-style dorms in its place.

Destroy apartments next to MOSI. Zone for Greek housing.

Just my opinion..

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Your suggestion may need to involve the Air Force.

The Empty Keg?  Yes, I remember (one of the old timers).  That was nice having a place on campus to get a beer between classes.  ;)

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Any of the old timers here remember the original on campus bar "The Empty Keg".  Back when the Marshall Center was the UC, and the Keg had a little corner stage and cheap pitchers.  It was dark, and grungy and had the best bands and comics hit that stage.

My band played Beta Jam at the Empty Keg twice, in 93 and 94.  Good times, man, good times.

• Content Count:  1,981

The Hair academy was a good bar too, but cannot recall its name at the moment.

Class Act?

• Content Count:  1,757

There is a bar named Rocky's at the USF golf course.

Well, the restaurant has recently changed ownership from the people that owned it to the company that bought out the golf course. I don't know why they would change the name of the place, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they did

That was the same rumor back in 1998 and 1999 when it changed ownership...  It used to be the best place for good wings and cheap beer!  Pitchers of Amber Bock were like $4-$5 each... sometimes a good wink at the waitress would get us a free refill!  Franque on the guitar was pretty annoying, but after all that beer, who cared?   

Archived