• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cincy wants beef with the Buckeyes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/22213-Brian-Kelly-Wants-a-Rivalry-With-Jim-Tressel-and-the-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-090508

Ohio is Buckeyes territory, that goes without saying. But in one small section of the state, there is there is a place where the Buckeyes don't rule the roost anymore.

That area is Cincinnati.

With coach Brian Kelly and his Bearcats coming off a 10-3 record in 2007, he has some strong words for Jim Tressel and his Buckeyes.

Is it the fact that Kelly was born and raised in Michigan? Most Ohio State fans would point that out, but I believe that it is Kelly wanting to change the fact that everyone in Ohio is a Buckeyes fan, and the Bearcats are an afterthought when it comes to college football in the state of Ohio.

The idea was started when Ohio State wanted to back out of a game in Cincinnati in 2010, paying the Bearcats a reported $1 million to play in Columbus. Kelly was then asked by the media about Ohio State's backing out of the game in Cincinnati.

Kelly said, "We're going to work very hard on this end to make sure we play Ohio State," Kelly said. "I want to play them annually."

Later in the interview Kelly said he didn't care where he played Ohio State, even if it was in a parking lot in Xenia. Kelly apparently wants to start up a rivalry with the Buckeyes, and is showing that he and his players aren't afraid of the big bad Buckeyes.

At UC's game in 2007 against UConn, the score of the Ohio State-Illinois game was announced by the PA announcer, and I heard something I didn't think I would ever hear; a large roar of 35,000 people in the state of Ohio cheering an Ohio State loss.

So in Cincinnati, there is some bad blood against the Buckeyes. As Kelly begins to steal key recruits from Tressel and the Buckeyes, more and more tension will build up, and a rivalry may emerge that Tressel and the Buckeyes don't really want.

• Content Count:  760

I wish cincy all the luck in the world on this one. I feel them cause we want to do the same thing with Florida.

How great would it be for the BigEast if we defeated Ohio State and Florida in 2010!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Won't ever happen

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

what kelly did in cinnci is nothing short of fantastic

if kelly was at usf we would be at top 20 team in one year

he is a great coach and recruiter

• Content Count:  1,911

what kelly did in cinnci is nothing short of fantastic

if kelly was at usf we would be at top 20 team in one year

he is a great coach and recruiter

You make it sound like he took over a program in shambles. He had a good team going in.

• Content Count:  1,457

this is better instate rivalry for ohio.  UCF vs USF is not as potent.

Archived