• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East 9th Member for Football

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

That same report was posted yesterday on our Big East Board with plenty of conversation.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Never UCF!  Never Ever!

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry about that Bulliever.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

If they are serious, I hope Trag considers this offer.  ECU brings some tradition to the conference.  Would be very good for Big East to have a ninth conference member for scheduling.  Sounds like they are willing to sell their souls.  I seem to remember ECU doing well back in the early 90's???

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

Sorry about that Bulliever.

Not a problem..just wanted to note the Big East Board guys were all over this as it broke.

• Content Count:  1,251

I'll punch myself in the balls five times in a row if UCF gets into the big east......

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i would rather keep it 8 schools and allow the league to build up its rep as a tough conference top to bottom than to add another mid-major that will likely join Syracuse at the bottom of the barrell.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

4 coaches have come out and asked for a 9th team. Edsall, Stewart, Kragthorpe, and Wanny.

What many don't understand is the scheduling.

Many schools only have to sign 3-4 a year, Most BE schools have 5. The only one with a permanent annual matchup is Louisville with UK. We have Miami for 5 years.

It's tough to schedule well when you have so many open spots and no leverage when negotiating with big schools who know you need to fill those spots or small schools who hnd you ransom for more money knwoing you're desparate to fill those spots.

I've said TCU would be my pick, but yes I agree, logistically the BE needs another football team to relieve scheduling problems the schools have run into.

• Content Count:  98

For those of you that want ECU as a member I would suggest you look at the admission requirements of that school and what they do.  It is no surprise that both revenue producing sports for ECU had below acceptable APR levels.  Their best player last year, Chris Johnson, taken in the first round this year was from Orlando and USF wanted him.  But he could not get into any of the Florida schools, but he managed to get into ECU, which they have a history of doing.  Also remember who their coach is, his father got every team he coached either on probation or investigated by the NCAA.  You have to wonder what a school is willing to do when you see desparation like this.  It looks to me that they know full well that when expansion does come, they don't stack up to others out there.

Archived