• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lot of Baseball this weekend

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

The USF Baseball Weekend Update

(without Chevy Chase)

TAMPA, Fla. – This weekend, May 15-17, watch the University of South Florida baseball team in action against Notre Dame, as the Bulls battle for a berth into the BIG EAST Baseball Championship, held in Clearwater, Fla., May 20-24. 

Thursday and Friday's games will begin at 7 p.m. and Saturday the teams will wrap up the three-game BIG EAST series at 1 p.m. USF's four seniors – Joey Angelberger, Eric Baumann, Charles Cleveland and David Torcise – will be honored prior to the Friday night game. 

The first two games of the set can be seen on Catch 47 with Joe Girvan and Wade Boggs providing the play-by-play and color while Saturday's game can be dialed in on XM Satellite Radio, channel 203. All three games can be heard live on 1010 Sports as well as seen on USF Press Pass.

The Bulls are looking to clinch a spot in the BIG EAST Championship this weekend, and the easiest way to do so is by winning two or more games against Notre Dame, since USF holds the tiebreaker over both Villanova, who is tied for seventh with USF, and ninth-place Rutgers. The Wildcats host first-place St. John's this weekend while Rutgers travels to fourth-place Louisville. 

If USF wins only one game, Rutgers would have to pick up three wins and Villanova would have to get two or more wins to knock the Bulls out of contention. If USF is winless against Notre Dame, Rutgers has to pick up a pair of wins and Villanova needs a victory as well. 

So a quick reference is that Rutgers has to win two more games than USF this weekend, and Villanova needs one more victory than the Bulls.

You can read the more about Bulls Baseball at GoUSFBulls.com

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Huge weekend for the Bulls.  Hopefully we win a couple of games, but I think it will only take 1 win to get in.  Come on out and support the Bulls!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

I'm posting this over in this thread too.  Anyone wants tix for FREE let me know.  I still have a bunch left over and this is the final weekend.  Come out people.  The boys need our support this week.  I'll be at the Thursday and Friday night games for sure and possibly Saturday.

Archived