• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ATTN RAYS FANS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

ROFL at Rays fans slinging attendance smack like UCIFers. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

It's real simple.  Nobody has any extra money right now.  14k on Monday night and 16.5k on Tuesday night isn't that bad.  What do they expect?  Cheapest tix (if you buy them ahead of time) are 9 dollars.  If you don't buy them ahead of time, they're 11 dollars.  If there's only two people in your car you have to pay 10 dollars for parking.  That's 28 or 32 right there.  Throw in a couple of dogs and sodas and you're right at 50 dollars.  Even though it's not outrageous, you still have to plan on spending almost 50 dollars for two people and that's without any 8 dollar beers.  This is not something I can do on any given Monday or Tuesday and I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat.

• Content Count:  211

DING DING DING DING!  TB Bulls hits it on the head.  Add the price of driving from tampa to south Pinellas and it becomes a big duh.  As developed as Pinnellas county is, its pretty weak that they can't draw a crowd. Its because there aren't any major highways from North pinellas where all the money is to downtown other than US 19, and that road is a joke.

DING DING DING DING!  TB Bulls hits it on the head.  Add the price of driving from tampa to south Pinellas and it becomes a big duh.  As developed as Pinnellas county is, its pretty weak that they can't draw a crowd. Its because there aren't any major highways from North pinellas where all the money is to downtown other than US 19, and that road is a joke.

Dead on RespectaBULL.  Didn't even think of that part and I don't know why.  That's all we're talking about these days is the outrageous gas prices, right?  I still love the new park though and I really hope it gets done, but I wish it was in downtown Tampa.  I know traffic isn't great down there either, but at least it's closer (less gas) and there's a lot of different ways to get down there.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

If the season ended today both Florida teams would be in the playoff's. I know as a marlins fan I am having fun watching them this year. I hope both teams keep it up. I would love to be playing the Rays in October.

If we make the playoff's its all over the Marlins have never lost a playoff series.

rays fans dont appear to be supporting their great start

• Content Count:  4,451

Its not the drive nor the gas.  Fans don't believe the winning will last and believe the team will collapse by the All Star game.  Look at the Lightning during thier playoff yrs.  Attendance always started slow and built as playoffs approached.  Tampa Bay is a band wagon sports community.  If the Rays maintain winning the attendance will grow.  There are no life time Rays fans.  And with 10 yrs of losing, the kids playing Little League when the team played its first game are probably not Rays fans.  KIds gravitate to winners.  All Rays fans must be converted from other teamsto be Rays fans with winning.  The same goes was true for the Lightning and it holds true for the Bulls.  Bandwagon Bulls fans will quite being bandwagon when our Bulls win a BE championship & BCS bowl.  Meaning the upper deck at RJS will always be open even vs the annual drubbing of the D1AA team (or whatever u call  that division now).

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

As a Tampa native, I'm kind of tired of Tampa Bay area being labeled band-wagon.

Look what we've had to put up with; Hugh Culverhouse, Leeman Bennett, Ray Perkins, Richard Williamson, Sam Wyche, Phil Esposito, Kokusai Green Co, Chuck LaMar, the Fairgrounds, the Suncoast..., er Thunder..., er, Tropicana Field, 19 losing seasons out of their first 21 for the Buccaneers, 10 straight losing seasons for the Rays, etc.

Name another market that supports their teams with that kind of history?

As a Tampa native, I'm kind of tired of Tampa Bay area being labeled band-wagon.

Look what we've had to put up with; Hugh Culverhouse, Leeman Bennett, Ray Perkins, Richard Williamson, Sam Wyche, Phil Esposito, Kokusai Green Co, Chuck LaMar, the Fairgrounds, the Suncoast..., er Thunder..., er, Tropicana Field, 19 losing seasons out of their first 21 for the Buccaneers, 10 straight losing seasons for the Rays, etc.

Name another market that supports their teams with that kind of history?

Good point Apis.  I think we have supported the teams during times when the ownership, coaching, etc. made it extremely difficult to do so.  As far as the bandwagon label though, that will probably apply until people stop moving here (not gonna happen) from other areas and claim to be fans when our teams are winning.  As a native, I'm tired of it as well, but I think that's part of the price we pay for living in this great area.

• Content Count:  879

DING DING DING DING!   TB Bulls hits it on the head.   Add the price of driving from tampa to south Pinellas and it becomes a big duh.  As developed as Pinnellas county is, its pretty weak that they can't draw a crowd. Its because there aren't any major highways from North pinellas where all the money is to downtown other than US 19, and that road is a joke.

Dead on RespectaBULL.  Didn't even think of that part and I don't know why.  That's all we're talking about these days is the outrageous gas prices, right?  I still love the new park though and I really hope it gets done, but I wish it was in downtown Tampa.  I know traffic isn't great down there either, but at least it's closer (less gas) and there's a lot of different ways to get down there.

I for one am tired of the complaining about the drive from wherever.  I sat in the outfield for the game the Rays lost to the Spankees.  There was a group of people (at least 20 cause the guy I was talking to said he bought 20 and brought a number of his family members...mixed Rays and Yankee fans).  They drove down from Spring Hill.  If you really are a fan, you'll drive.  On 620 on my way home from work that same day, a caller was just leaving his home for the game and he was driving up from Port Charlotte.  I don't hear the people who live in Pinellas County complaining about the drive to Tampa Stadium to watch the Bucs.  Yes, gas is up there, but you're either a fan or you're not. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

DING DING DING DING!   TB Bulls hits it on the head.   Add the price of driving from tampa to south Pinellas and it becomes a big duh.  As developed as Pinnellas county is, its pretty weak that they can't draw a crowd. Its because there aren't any major highways from North pinellas where all the money is to downtown other than US 19, and that road is a joke.

I for one am tired of the complaining about the drive from wherever.  I sat in the outfield for the game the Rays lost to the Spankees.  There was a group of people (at least 20 cause the guy I was talking to said he bought 20 and brought a number of his family members...mixed Rays and Yankee fans).  They drove down from Spring Hill.  If you really are a fan, you'll drive.  On 620 on my way home from work that same day, a caller was just leaving his home for the game and he was driving up from Port Charlotte.  I don't hear the people who live in Pinellas County complaining about the drive to Tampa Stadium to watch the Bucs.  Yes, gas is up there, but you're either a fan or you're not. 

agree 100%

Archived