• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ATTN RAYS FANS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

Agree with sportsfan on this one.  I'm far from a Marlins fan, but they always seem to end up with some **** good players.  Being an avid fantasy baseball guy, there's never a shortage of fantasy worthy players on their team.  Hell, I made Ramirez my top pick in one of my leagues.  Uggla and Gregg are pretty good as well.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Its May!

Doesn't matter! ...... The Rays are somewhere they've never been before and we're going to enjoy it while we can.

**** cynical New York fan.  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Agree with sportsfan on this one.  I'm far from a Marlins fan, but they always seem to end up with some **** good players.  Being an avid fantasy baseball guy, there's never a shortage of fantasy worthy players on their team.  Hell, I made Ramirez my top pick in one of my leagues.  Uggla and Gregg are pretty good as well.

Well the two GM's they have had have been great. Even when ownership is in sell-mode we still find very good talent.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Its May!

The Mets dont choke until September. You have a long wait.

Ha thats true! Dont worry though even if the Marlins are in the World Series those sorry fans in Miami wont even show up to the games. 

Hope the Dolphins can pull another lucky win out this year so they dont go 0 for 16

The fins will win between 5-8 games, I hope the fans dont show up. Will make tickets cheaper for me. I have seen my team win 2 world series in the last 10 years. How many have the Mets won?

plenty of seats in your own stadium.

PH2007091202876.jpg

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Its May!

Ha thats true! Dont worry though even if the Marlins are in the World Series those sorry fans in Miami wont even show up to the games. 

Hope the Dolphins can pull another lucky win out this year so they dont go 0 for 16

The fins will win between 5-8 games, I hope the fans dont show up. Will make tickets cheaper for me. I have seen my team win 2 world series in the last 10 years. How many have the Mets won?

PH2007091202876.jpg

Attendance Smack????  When did you become a UCIFer?????

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Well the two GM's they have had have been great. Even when ownership is in sell-mode we still find very good talent.

Can't argue with that one bit ....

The Rays are not a team that should say a word about attendance. Didnt you only have like 12k the other night when the Yankees were in town. And I have been to past Yank- Rays games. Its prob 50-50 between Devil Rays and Yankees fans.

Its May!

PH2007091202876.jpg

ST. PETERSBURG  The Tampa Bay Rays finished Tuesday with the best record in the American League, a six-game winning streak and the best winning percentage in the team's 11-year history.

That kind of performance would ordinarily help the team's campaign for a new stadium, except for these facts: Through a quarter of the baseball season, the Rays rank 13th out of 14 American League teams in attendance. In all of baseball, the Rays rank 27th out of 30th.

Even the New York Yankees, traditionally one of the top draws on the Rays' schedule, didn't help. The Rays drew just 13,932 fans for Monday's four-game opener, the smallest crowd in Major League Baseball that day.

Tuesday's game drew only a slightly bigger crowd of 16,558.

"We're certainly not happy about being at the bottom of the league in attendance," Rays president Matt Silverman said. "Everyone in the organization wants to see packed stands. And the players will tell you it makes a difference on the field."

People always believed that if the Rays won, fans would flock to Tropicana Field.

Do people now need to be convinced that winning isn't a fluke? Or are they waiting until school's over? Or until gas prices fall?

"You can probably go crazy trying to dissect the numbers," Silverman said, recognizing there are at least a dozen factors that could determine attendance. "We're just focusing on what we can control: making the Trop a great environment for the team and making it a great place for fans to watch the game."

This week, Rays manager Joe Maddon called recent attendance "a little disappointing."

The team's problems attracting fans are well documented. The Rays finished last in American League attendance the past seven seasons. The team's best year at the gate was its first, when the Rays were seventh out of 14 American League teams  still drawing 1.1-million fewer fans than their fellow expansion franchise, the Arizona Diamondbacks.

This year, average attendance is up from 17,131 to 18,344, but only the Kansas City Royals are drawing fewer fans among American League clubs.

People blame the team's record, or previous owner Vince Naimoli. Both no doubt are part of it, even the Rays admit.

But the Rays suggest that maybe a new, $450-million downtown waterfront stadium will boost attendance by drawing the casual fan.

"We think some of the negativity associated with the Trop is unfair," said Rays senior vice president Michael Kalt. "But at the end of the day, it's just about watching the baseball game. It's hard to get to that base of people who aren't baseball fans but go to games because they see it as a social activity."

Team to unveil financing plan

The Rays will reveal a preliminary financing plan for a $450-million waterfront ballpark at noon Thursday at Tropicana Field. The public is invited. "The plan will not require any new taxes," Rays president Matt Silverman said in a statement. "In fact, the plan should create new public funds in excess of those requested … dollars which can be used to help fund city and county services as well as Pinellas schools." Entry Thursday will be at Gate 4 on the 16th Street side of the stadium.

[Last modified: May 14, 2008 02:12 AM]

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Guess which teams have worse attendance than Tampa Bay?

Kansas City

Pittsburgh

and.....

Florida - dead last in MLB, and averaging over 3000 a game less than lowly Tampa Bay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

Guess which teams have worse attendance than Tampa Bay?

Kansas City

Pittsburgh

and.....

Florida - dead last in MLB, and averaging over 3000 a game less than lowly Tampa Bay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

I agree attendance is bad, however Rays fans should not sling that crap.

Lets play the if game. If the Marlins played the Red Sox and Yankees as much as Tampa our attendance would be higher.

But I think the attendance smack is weak.

Archived