• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN's Stark: Rays Better Than Marlins

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

The Rays are doing it with pitching...

And defense ...... that's what so **** encouraging. In the past when they went on streaks it was mainly due to bats coming alive .... which can diie just as easily.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Guys this isnt last year or 5 years ago.  I think the Rays are a better team than the Marlins, but the NL East IS better than the AL East.

Yankees are terrible, they cant steal bases, they cant throw any basestealers out, they have no speed, they have zero pitching, the only one hitting is Damon, Arod is one man, Jeter's career is on the downfall, POsada is old, Giambi isnt on juice anymore, Cano is an underachiever, Matsui and Abreau arent clutch, Mariano is older than dirt, Joba is good for the 8th inning, and they got rid of a hell of a coach for a guy who was fired by the Marliins.  They would be in last place in the NL East.

Take the label New York Yankees off of that team and you would all say they were horrible.   

The only good teams in the AL East are the Sox, Rays and Blue Jays. 

NL east has the Mets, Marlins, Braves, and Phillies...all solid teams.

The division argument is terrible.  Watch baseball outside of the Rays for once.  With all that said I still think the Rays have a better team than the Marlins but the Marlins play a tougher division.  Id rather play the Sox and Yankees 19 times than the Mets and Phillies.  No question about it. 

Uh, you're kidding, right?  Not one team in the NL East has an above average lineup, and all the rotations are shaky.  The Blue Jays and Sox would both tear apart the NL East.  Everyone buried the Yankees at this time last year, and their SP actually has much more hope now than it did then.  Even the Orioles are looing pretty good after dumping some of their overpriced talent and getting a youth infusion.

The Marlins will fall apart, the Braves are one more SP injury away from finishing under 500, and the Mets aren't looking all that hot either.  The Phils might win the division by default, but I can't take seriously any team that has Pedro Feliz at 3B.

Not one team has a good line up? The mARLINS LEAD THE mlb IN hr'S.

I will take better D over HR's anyday

D never goes in slumps

Archived