• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More reasons to go to the FIU game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

apparently it's the "nascar model" they're following when it comes to pricing structure at their stadium. Apparently that's to not charge for parking, and to NOT jack up the prices of food inside the stadium....for the first couple of years that is.

Kinda like what the Rays were doing last year with their free parking (which is still there, if you have a car of 4 or more people)

nobody buys food at a nascar race.

you can bring it all in

• Content Count:  1,457

There may be a riot at the FIU game; they have bad rep w/florida teams (ie Miami).  They all may be under NCAA suspension/sanction too so the cheerleaders may have to fill in.

who besides UM have they had beef with??

I doubt anything will get beyond standard trash talking at the line of scrimmage and in dog piles.

FIU played USF at RayJay few years back and the blogg's were riddled with how unruly their fans were and how obnixious they got.  There were, as blogged, many fights in the stands - that is not commom for RayJay crowds.

Screw FIU and their play; nothing to gain but a W by playing them.

• Content Count:  937

There may be a riot at the FIU game; they have bad rep w/florida teams (ie Miami).  They all may be under NCAA suspension/sanction too so the cheerleaders may have to fill in.

who besides UM have they had beef with??

I doubt anything will get beyond standard trash talking at the line of scrimmage and in dog piles.

FIU played USF at RayJay few years back and the blogg's were riddled with how unruly their fans were and how obnixious they got.  There were, as blogged, many fights in the stands - that is not commom for RayJay crowds.

Screw FIU and their play; nothing to gain but a W by playing them.

A lot too lose as well, in that game we were mere plays away from getting embarassed by the "worst" team in D1 that yr. Even thouh Randolph had lie 2-3 punt returns that got waved off due to penalties. One of the worse games to watch

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

That was the game that I almost got arrested at...

• Content Count:  763

That was the game that I almost got arrested at...

. . . go on, details man we need details.

• Content Count:  1,457

Details are that 1 in 4 almost got arrested for responding to USF honor - not by initiating the incident(s).  FIU is for the Big City - Miami!  We are Tampa Bay and not anything like the FIU syndrome.  Shotguns, murder, ****, robbery, car jackings, ect are all part of the millions that dwell in Miami - stay away FIU we don't need to play you anymore.  Don't take it personal FIU but your play is dirty and you are not good sports (fans).

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I was really, REALLY drunk.  I drank 24 beers at the tailgate plus a few Jaeger shots (and I am 6'3" and 270 lbs.).  I don't recall how many beers I had in the stadium because we all just kept buying for each other.  Suffice it to say that I was trashed.  Like the beginning of blacking out drunk.  Anyway, I was really mad when we lost the ball (interception, fumble, I don't recall because I was so drunk) and in one fell swoop I ripped a cupholder off of the seat in front of me.  I was surprised at how easy it was.  I didn't think they could break so easily (and this was after they replaced the pink seats with new ones).

A very pissed off Hillsborough County Sheriff's Deputy saw me do it (I was only five rows down in the student section) and walked down to me.  He took my license, wrote down my name and address, and gave me a long talk about how he could arrest me and what not.  He let me go, for which I am forever grateful.  25 years and still no arrests!

I was pissed at the time (at the officer, at myself, at the game, at everyone), but I knew when to shut up.  I did just that, agreed with the officer, and he went back to his post by the ship.  Then I cut myself off and sat my butt until the end of the game.  The morning after, I felt really bad (and I still do).  I mean, what kind of idiot tears up their own stadium?  I also tried to knock over a porta john (with one of my friends in it), dumped nachos over a very good friend of mine, and tried to make out with a girl who I know had a BF.  Yeah, I was being sh1tty.

Anyway, from that day forward, I stopped drinking a lot.  Today, I can barely kill a 12 pack before I'm ready for bed.  After my first sober game, I realized that because of my excessive drinking I could not even remember the games.  That to me was the most sobering aspect of it all.  I also had a few times when I drove when I should not have, and that's always a stupid thing to do.  I am just glad that I know better.  I don't know why I did some of the crap I did.  Chalk it up to being young, dumb and full of...

So, if you see me at a Bulls game, I am most likely 100% sober.  I save the guzzling for when I am home.

• Content Count:  2,118

wow

Archived