• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Getting to #2 in the land was very important

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

I think the original poster's point was that having been ranked and gained national press, it benefitted us.  

It benefitted us greatly ...... local buzz AND on the national scene ... and no, I don't mean other Internet fans' forums, who I really couldn't give a crap about.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

i'm surprised no one has kicked my ass yet.

Tell me what seat you're in and I'll send someone over.  ;)

Goodfellas.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I know many of you were disappointed with how things turned out after our rise to #2 last year.

However, the attention really put USF on the national map with recruits and pollsters. I have no doubt that the preseason attention garnered so far comes from the #2 ranking. Also, many recruits have given the Bulls a stronger look this year because of what happened last year.

Remember, both the Auburn game and the West Virgina game were on national TV, and all those who follow NCAA football knew we were #2 after that. Yeah, the talking heads were debating if we deserved it or not, but they were all talking USF!

We absolutely need to win the Big East Title this year! Anything less and I'm going to be disappointed.

Expect to move sideways for one more year.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

to quote a masterpiece of classic Americana

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the Facts of Life... doodoo... the Facts of Life!"

Dude ..............

Dude!

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

some delusions of grandeur

has someone been watching these old star wars movies on Spike like i have?

• Content Count:  4,738

to quote a masterpiece of classic Americana

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the Facts of Life... doodoo... the Facts of Life!"

I must be the only guy who didn't see the facts of life.

Its hard to reminisce about last season.  But then I remember the Auburn game and being at the West Virginia game.  We won the games we weren't supposed to and lost the ones we couldn't miss.  And that is the giant punch to the balls of last season. 

Bottom line--can't win at Auburn and vs WVU and then lose three straight games. 

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

for me personally, the Auburn game was the greatest sporting event experience of my life.

nothing will ever top that feeling and that weekend.  it was surreal.

PS - REZZ, i've never actually watched an entire Star Wars movie.  the only scenes i can remember are the bar scene with Jabba the hut and the part where Luke Skywalker gets his hand cut off.

• Content Count:  4,501

Collaspe is WV losing to Pitt in the last game

Collaspe is USC losing to Sanford

Screw job is Uncle Vito calling down from his luxury box telling the refs to overturn that call "I got alot dough riding on this game" and USF better not beat Rutgars.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Collaspe is WV losing to Pitt in the last game

Collaspe is USC losing to Sanford

Screw job is Uncle Vito calling down from his luxury box telling the refs to overturn that call "I got alot dough riding on this game" and USF better not beat Rutgars.

I don't know what you are talking about.

20051227.jpg

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

When all was said and done we were #4 in the conference and took a beating in our bowl game.  The end result is what is important.  When anybody looks through the annals of College Football they will see we ended up in the middle of the BE pack and around the mid 30's in the nation.  There were no awards given for either last time I checked.

Realism!

I love it! 

Such a rare personality trait amongst Bulls fans.

;)

Just what kind of realistic "awards" are you two looking for?

"Awards" i.e. recognition, i.e. something tangible about the end result of our season other than slobbering all over ourselves because we were #2 for a week.  A top 25 final ranking would be a start. 

Archived