• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Getting to #2 in the land was very important

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Our season will be remember more for our epic collapse from the top of the mountain than for our unprecedented climb to get there.

Are you talking personally?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

Tickets, bus fare and hotel to see the Bulls win in Auburn: $500

Student ticket + companion ticket to watch the Bulls trample the Mountaineers at RayJay: $16

Getting to number 2, then humiliating ourselves on the public stage by losing 3 in a row to inferior competition, then getting violated like we dropped the soap in El Paso: PRICELESS

Our season will be remember more for our epic collapse from the top of the mountain than for our unprecedented climb to get there.

You better get comfy buddy because you are going to be disappointed more than you are not!!!! 

Talk to Ohio State fan, Oregon Fan, Michigan fan, Oklahoma fan about last year?

Only one team can win it... and if you think about it...  even LSU was very close to joining that list of what a waste of a season.

• Content Count:  4,879

Tickets, bus fare and hotel to see the Bulls win in Auburn: $500

Student ticket + companion ticket to watch the Bulls trample the Mountaineers at RayJay: $16

Getting to number 2, then humiliating ourselves on the public stage by losing 3 in a row to inferior competition, then getting violated like we dropped the soap in El Paso: PRICELESS

You better get comfy buddy because you are going to be disappointed more than you are not!!!! 

Talk to Ohio State fan, Oregon Fan, Michigan fan, Oklahoma fan about last year?

Only one team can win it... and if you think about it...  even LSU was very close to joining that list of what a waste of a season.

seems the right time to present the question that Dan D. presented to me after last season:  see post - Ohio State & USF

• Content Count:  118

I think that 2007 will be remembered a lot more for climbing to #2 than for an "epic collapse" that included 3 losses by less than 1 touchdown and not showing up for the second half of a bowl game. The Bulls getting to #2 was huge, that spot is usually reserved for an established big name program yet the Bulls who have only been in 1A for 6 years got to that spot. That will always be remembered by Bulls fans, and I will personally always remember that win over West Virginia and if I had been able to go to the Auburn game that might be an even better memory.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

there are probably countless programs who have gotten to #2 and gotten their fans excited only to go on a losing streak. ...

Actually, I don't think that many teams have been ranked #2 - maybe 20 or 30 but that's just a guess.  I remember reading that no current Big East team had been ranked that high when we did it (although WVU did so after us).

• Content Count:  12,293

well not necessary have to reach #2 but the point is....a lot of programs have started out well and the fans get real high expectations only to have a mid-season losing streak.

• Content Count:  526

Although I completely disagree with BigBully on this one, I have to admire his persistance and unwavering ideals.  I remember logging onto the BullsPens the night that we lost to Oregan and he was saying the same exact thing.  Like I said, I don't agree with him but I can see where he his coming from.  At least he doesn't flip flop or sway like grain. 

• Content Count:  526

I would agree, not a collapse, but we were worked in a few games.  Connecticutt, worked.  Cincinnatti, worked.  Oregon, worked.  I was there (actually in Vegas for UCONN, but you know what I mean) at all three and we were worked at all three.  I don't care which half we ultimately lost, we were worked in all three.  The one loss where I truly think, till my dying day, that we won and that the win was taken from us - - - Rutgers.  That, unfortunately, was the beginning of the Works!  I say we stick it to those New Jersey A_holes this year, BIG TIME!

I don't think we were "worked" in the Cincy or UConn games.  We had a chance to win both of those games.  Worked is what we did to UCiF and the Ville.  Although we did get worked in 1 quarter of the Cincy game, we did come back.  I remember the Cincy game more for the refs working us at the end of the game than anything they did...remember?. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Although I completely disagree with BigBully on this one, I have to admire his persistance and unwavering ideals.  I remember logging onto the BullsPens the night that we lost to Oregan and he was saying the same exact thing.  Like I said, I don't agree with him but I can see where he his coming from.  At least he doesn't flip flop or sway like grain.

I'm still trying to figure out who will be doing the remembering in his scenario ... our fans, other fans, the media, other coaches .... who?

• Content Count:  760

Im def one of the ones you will remember last season for the epic collapse that it was. Yes the emotions from the Auburn and WVU games will never be forgotten (especially since I was at both), the feeling of losing 3 straight games to what I still consider to be inferior opponents, will always haunt my fanhood. After all, you should never forget those losses, its what makes the wins so much better.

Yea getting to number 2 was great, but in 3 weeks people went from saying "Oh, USF stands for Univ. of South Florida" to "USF might as well stand for U Suck at Football".  Those losses validated what everyone was saying, that we were overrated. And that, my friends, hurt much more than any of our wins.

Hopefully, this year, is o ~U~ r year.

Archived