• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

UCF Football Player Johnell Neal Shot

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Whoa man...this is horrible.  I hope the guy pulls through.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3389176

Obviously, this is terrible.  I hope the kid is ok... sounds like it is.

However... this is yet another strike against UCF's reputation.  Wasn't it Phil the Phagboy Bagboy who called USF a "thug program" because one of our players got shot in the neck a few years back in his hometown?  What was that, like 6 years ago?  The shooting happened at 2:30 AM... y'all know nothing good happens at that hour... what the hell was he doing at 2:30 AM that caused him to get shot?

Hey Phil... I know you're here reading this forum... how is it that USF is now the home of football players who's worst crime is a parking boot violation, and UCF is now full of cop assaulters, former players getting shot and beating up their girlfriends, and coaches bat-raping employees?

Renegade program much?  Thug program much?

I'm curious to know what Johnell was doing that put him in the line of fire.  Hopefully nothing bad, for UCF's sake.  You guys have had a zillion bad pub stories this year... this could just be more karma coming home to roost.

So your take on this is very similar to Phil's take on some of those situations that USF's players have had in the past.  That's clearly reflected in how you approach this horrible situation for a UCF player.

You could have taken the high road and just said that you hope to get him a full recovery.  But no you didn't do that.

Instead you start this thread with that tone. 

Once again, "_EI" = "Phil/aka whatever names he uses".  You are just USF's version of our guy.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I guess I should stay out of Baton Rouge also. Never knew it was a bad area like that.

Most of Baton Rouge is fine, but the north side of town is primarily populated by a criminal element...

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Once again, "_EI" = "Phil/aka whatever names he uses".  You are just USF's version of our guy.

Not even comparable.  STK would make stuff up and spread all over town, and flat out lie on this board.  He obsessed over EVERYTHING involving USF.  _EI simply asks a few questions and makes good points about how hypocritical many ucIF fans are.  Obviously, you don't like the evidence of how right _EI is...

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

You could have taken the high road .....

Since when have UCiF fans taken the high road on anything remotely negative toward USF? Where is the benefit of the doubt some of you Tinmen keep requesting now that the shoe is on the other foot?

If anything else, you guys are getting off easy compared to the crap most of your fan base has dished out in the past.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

With all due respect?  What's next for the tinmen? 

They've pretty much covered the gamut - I'm guessing the womens tennis team is going to be revealed on Voyeur Dorm.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

I guess I should stay out of Baton Rouge also. Never knew it was a bad area like that.

Having covered Baton Rouge for 5 years....North Baton Rouge has always had major crime problems...and after Katrina...it only got worse.

Neal already has one undergraduate degree and working on another degree (redshirted his first year) and hopefully after he receives another degree from UCF, he will be able to LEAVE Baton Rouge for good.

Summer B (starts June 23) when all the football players will be back on campus can't get here soon enough.

Per an update from Ch 9 in Baton Rouge...looks like his Aunt (Jazz Singer) was already a victim in this on-going feud. 

"We know Johnell has no connection to whatever feud happened in the past, but the guys involved apparently were targeting the Neal family. So, he was down here for Mother's Day and this happens to him," says McKneely. Johnell is the nephew of famous Baton Rouge jazz singer Jackie Neal, who was gunned down several years ago. Neal is scheduled to return to Orlando this summer to start working on his second bachelor's degree and he planned to use his last year of football eligibility. His family is hopeful that he will be able to do that. Neal's injuries are not life-threatening.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

He's just got his degree in Criminal Justice... maybe he can help the cops try and find the losers who tried to take him down.

• Content Count:  2,239

From the sounds of it, the shooters were after someone with the same last name and thought he would do.

It's truly amazing that he took multiple shots from an assault rifle(where the hell they get one of these?) in the chest and it was not life threatening.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hope the kid is ok. 

Archived