• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Football Player Johnell Neal Shot

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3389176

Obviously, this is terrible.  I hope the kid is ok... sounds like it is.

However... this is yet another strike against UCF's reputation.  Wasn't it Phil the Phagboy Bagboy who called USF a "thug program" because one of our players got shot in the neck a few years back in his hometown?  What was that, like 6 years ago?  The shooting happened at 2:30 AM... y'all know nothing good happens at that hour... what the hell was he doing at 2:30 AM that caused him to get shot?

Hey Phil... I know you're here reading this forum... how is it that USF is now the home of football players who's worst crime is a parking boot violation, and UCF is now full of cop assaulters, former players getting shot and beating up their girlfriends, and coaches bat-raping employees?

Renegade program much?  Thug program much?

I'm curious to know what Johnell was doing that put him in the line of fire.  Hopefully nothing bad, for UCF's sake.  You guys have had a zillion bad pub stories this year... this could just be more karma coming home to roost.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Our prayers our with the UCF family through these tough times.

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

He was in the front yard of a house...and staying with his mom.  There isn't more to the story, yet...but I'm thinking he heard commotion outside the house and went out at the wrong time.  Neal is a good kid and never had any problems...he was just at home visiting his family.

O'Leary is actually going out there to visit them, soon.  Not sure how severe he was injured, though...although I know it wasn't life threatening.

• Content Count:  684

my prayers go out to those involved

• Content Count:  4,642

wow i hope everything turns out okay.  prayers to the family.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'm thinking he heard commotion outside the house and went out at the wrong time.

Gotta love how the ucIFers automatically latch onto the least negative possibility anytime something bad happens in their programs...

I'm thinking he heard commotion outside the house and went out at the wrong time.

Gotta love how the ucIFers automatically latch onto the least negative possibility anytime something bad happens in their programs...

Yeah, no kidding...

"He was helping little old ladies across the street with their groceries and tripped and fell into the car that he's accused of carjacking..."

Looks like the PD thinks Johnell was in the wrong place at the wrong time... glad to hear that he'll be ok.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=8303783

Football Star Shot

Posted: May 9, 2008 11:05 PM

Updated: May 9, 2008 11:05 PM

A Florida football star with ties to Baton Rouge is recovering tonight from multiple gunshot wounds. Police say the shooting happened early this morning on Wyandotte Street in Baton Rouge. Family members say Johnell Neal came home to Baton Rouge to celebrate his recent graduation from the University of Central Florida. The family planned to have a party for him tomorrow. Now it appears Johnell will be spending this Mothers Day weekend in the hospital recovering.

Before number 31 became a standout player at the University of Central Florida, Johnell Neal wore the number 26 playing for Redemptorist High School in Baton Rouge. The now 22-year-old college graduate recently earned his degree from UCF in criminal justice. His family is searching for justice of their own after someone shot Neal several times in the arm and chest, using an assault rifle. It happened in front of his family home on Wyandotte Street around 2:30 Friday morning.

L'Jean McKneely with the Baton Rouge Police Department says, "Suspects were apparently hiding beside the house and waiting for the right opportunity to shoot him while he was standing in front of the house."

Police say the shooters may not have been looking for Johnell in particular but simply someone who shares his well known last name. They believe a dispute between Neal's cousin and some guys around town might have caused the shooting this morning.

"We know Johnell has no connection to whatever feud happened in the past, but the guys involved apparently were targeting the Neal family. So he was down here for Mothers Day and this happens to him," says McKneely.

Johnell is the nephew of famous Baton Rouge jazz singer Jackie Neal who was gunned down several years ago. Neal is scheduled to return to Orlando this summer to start working on his second bachelors degree and he planned to use his last year of football eligibility. His family is hopeful tonight that he will be able to do that. Neal's injuries are not life threatening.

Guest pascobull

Looks like the PD thinks Johnell was in the wrong place at the wrong time... glad to hear that he'll be ok.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=8303783

Football Star Shot

Posted: May 9, 2008 11:05 PM

Updated: May 9, 2008 11:05 PM

A Florida football star with ties to Baton Rouge is recovering tonight from multiple gunshot wounds. Police say the shooting happened early this morning on Wyandotte Street in Baton Rouge. Family members say Johnell Neal came home to Baton Rouge to celebrate his recent graduation from the University of Central Florida. The family planned to have a party for him tomorrow. Now it appears Johnell will be spending this Mothers Day weekend in the hospital recovering.

Before number 31 became a standout player at the University of Central Florida, Johnell Neal wore the number 26 playing for Redemptorist High School in Baton Rouge. The now 22-year-old college graduate recently earned his degree from UCF in criminal justice. His family is searching for justice of their own after someone shot Neal several times in the arm and chest, using an assault rifle. It happened in front of his family home on Wyandotte Street around 2:30 Friday morning.

L'Jean McKneely with the Baton Rouge Police Department says, "Suspects were apparently hiding beside the house and waiting for the right opportunity to shoot him while he was standing in front of the house."

Police say the shooters may not have been looking for Johnell in particular but simply someone who shares his well known last name. They believe a dispute between Neal's cousin and some guys around town might have caused the shooting this morning.

"We know Johnell has no connection to whatever feud happened in the past, but the guys involved apparently were targeting the Neal family. So he was down here for Mothers Day and this happens to him," says McKneely.

Johnell is the nephew of famous Baton Rouge jazz singer Jackie Neal who was gunned down several years ago. Neal is scheduled to return to Orlando this summer to start working on his second bachelors degree and he planned to use his last year of football eligibility. His family is hopeful tonight that he will be able to do that. Neal's injuries are not life threatening.

Seriously what the f is wrong with people? Probably not the right place for this but there is no need for assault rifles anywhere except police and military. I guess I should stay out of Baton Rouge also. Never knew it was a bad area like that.

Seriously what the f is wrong with people? Probably not the right place for this but there is no need for assault rifles anywhere except police and military. I guess I should stay out of Baton Rouge also. Never knew it was a bad area like that.

My thoughts exactly.  I mean, it's bad enough that people get shot at, but when people are hiding in the bushes with freaking assault rifles, it's time to move.

Archived