• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Hipsher a final candidate at FAU

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

palm_beach_post.gif

FAU to interview men's basketball coaching candidates Jarvis, Hipsher today

By MARCUS NELSON

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Friday, May 09, 2008

BOCA RATON — Interviews today with former St. John's coach Mike Jarvis and South Florida assistant Dan Hipsher may be the last before Florida Atlantic decides to hire a new basketball coach.

FAU Athletic Director Craig Angelos said he and President Frank Brogan will make an offer to a candidate possibly by this weekend or the beginning of next week at the latest.

"Time is really not of the essence, so myself and the president will discuss it maybe over the weekend, but certainly we will by the beginning of next week," Angelos said. "After we talk to them all, we'll probably be ready to make one of them an offer instead of bringing anybody in for a second time."

Jarvis, who also coached at Boston University and George Washington, said he is looking forward to his interview.

"We'll see how it goes and however they choose to go about it is fine with me," Jarvis said.

A source close to the search said that Hipsher, a former head coach at Akron, Stetson and Wittenberg, will meet with Angelos and Brogan today. Before coming to South Florida, Hipsher was an assistant to Stan Heath at Arkansas.

The Owls also have interviewed former Wisconsin and Saint Louis coach Brad Soderberg, according to a report on Rivals.com.

Soderberg was 16-10 in one season at Wisconsin and led the Badgers to a NCAA Tournament appearance, when they lost to Georgia State in the first round in 2001.

Soderberg was 80-74 from 2002-07 as the coach of Saint Louis and took the Billikens to two NIT appearances.

Other candidates who have interviewed are UCF assistant Mike Jaskulski, Florida assistant Lewis Preston, who was on campus Wednesday, and FAU assistant coach Mike Balado, who interviewed last week.

"There's really about four or five guys we're struggling with who to extend an offer and we still have two more to talk to," Angelos said.

Link

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

FAwho???

Find Another University???

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  526
  • Days Won:  0

BBall assistants are pretty much a dime a dozen. I'm sure that CSH can find a good replacement fairly easy.

I'm sure that Hipsher will be a fine head coach but he's not a huge loss to us.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

BBall assistants are pretty much a dime a dozen. I'm sure that CSH can find a good replacement fairly easy.

I'm sure that Hipsher will be a fine head coach but he's not a huge loss to us.

hilarious. you dont know to much about dan hipsher do you? he is like a second head coach on the team. this would be a HUGE loss

Archived