• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Important! Join us for a chat tonight with guest Eric Soncrant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

I will be able to post a transcript the next day.

i was just going to ask - thanks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

We're underway!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Chat Transcript (edited for clarity and respect for the aged):

Transcript "log" for Room "Lobby"
Bulliever Eric, if you are ready sir. I'd like to thank you for joining us tonight and invite you to kick off with the first question.
JoeB (Question) Sorry hit enter too soon, here are the questions: 1) She is a former USF Varsity cheerleader but is not sure if she has been credited with those points since she's never indicated it to anyone (so her points might be wrong). 2) Do number of football tickets account for anything? Meaning does a person purchasing 10 tickets get more points than a person purchasing 2 tickets? 3) If I were to join the Bulls Club, could my points go directly towards her account as she clearly has more points than me and it seems it would be more beneficial to us that way? 4) How many points are the baseball season tickets worth (football and basketball both are 5 I believe, is baseball the same)? 5) Up to what date can you join the Bulls Club for the priority points to be added for this year? I think that is the majority of my questions, thanks for taking the time to explain this stuff to us.
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Alright I'll handle JoeB first seeing he put 5 questions in one post to challenge my skills. 1) Have her call me to confirm we have her listed as a cheerleading alumnus. We like to keep that information up to date for reunions anyways but some of our rosters, especially for cheerleading and sundolls, was not very good from about 2000 and prior. 2)We are giving priority points based on the number of season tickets purchased to any USF sport. So yes, the more season tickets someone purchases, the more priority points they will have. 3) No, you can't transfer points to another account. 4) All season tickets are worth the same amount of priority points. 5) Our deadline for renewals is May 15th. We'll probably count anything that comes in before we run the final report which will be sometime around June 15th. It could be up to a week before or after. So I would try to make sure your gift is in by May 15th.
_EI (Question) :Eric, as you know there are groups that tailgate together and have done so for some time. Now there is some concern that people are being asked to pay for parking without having an idea of where they stand on the priority points scale, and that groups made up of drastically different point levels won't be able to any more. Is it possible to delay the parking pass deadline until after people know how many points they have so that they don't get stuck with passes they won't use 3 lots away from their group?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) This is a unique scenario in that if your group only needs three parking passes, I would suggest the person with 8 season tickets purchase all three passes for your group. That way you are guaranteed to be in the same lot. For others that don't have that option, list the people in your tailgate group on the form and we'll do our best. No promises and keep in mind if we are able to put you all in the same lot it will probably be based on the person with the lowest priority.
boomer (Question) Lot 7 used to be subdivided into smaller groups by donor level - is it now just one big first come first serve?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) All of the lots are now just one big group. One of the biggest issues with the way we used to handle parking is that the number of passes could change on a weekly basis. So the lot was changing from week to week. Last year when we started of so hot, we had a huge increase in mini plan season tickets that also made donations and purchased parking. So those people where added to the lots based on giving level only. The new system takes into account longevity of giving and season ticket holders.
boomer That's good news for us that used to drive past the vast empty space out to the south end of 7.
mikebeau (Question) How are priority points gained, donations, season tickets, etc?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Priority points are gained by a number of methods. It's based on your lifetime giving to USF Athletics, not just this year. You also recieve points for purchasing season tickets to any USF sport, being a USF grad, former student athlete, Lifetime Alumni Association member, and to many of you a big factor will be using your season tickets. We are now giving points based on the use of your tickets for football, men's basketball and women's basketball as we can scan your ticket at those facilities. It's an encouragement for people to use their tickets or give them to someone to use for all games.
JoeB (Question) Follow up question, is there a specific formula used? Trying to figure out how many my sister has with the number of season tickets accounted for properly, but the Bulls Club site doesn't indicate this one factor.
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) I'll try and get that information up on gousfbulls.com. But my previous answers should give you an idea.
BullyPulpit In follow up to the priority points, is there still time to add points? My wife and I have been delaying joining as lifetime members of the Alumni Association, and this may be the motivation we need to finally pony up the $1,000.
mikebeau (Question) when are we getting the live bull mascot on the field?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) I don't see that ever happening at RJS. It may become more realistic if we get an on campus facility because then it is stricly our decision with no outside influence. My personal belief is that we won't ever see one. I don't think any of us on staff are that excited about the liability of being responsible for it's well being. See Eight Belles...Kentucky Derby....PETA.
NormalBull Good point...and didn't Ralphie at Cu have a bad moment at their spring game?
Bulliever I saw a little video of his stubbornness
Astro yeah he took out a couple of handlers
NormalBull Meanwhile....joeb, we gonna make the Be tourney?
JoeB it'll be tight, but I think we'll get the 8 seed
NormalBull Need to recruit a few more bats for next year.
JoeB good time to remind everyone, Nd comes to town next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Come on out as those games will be huge
Paul_Wall i dont think recruiting is a problem
Paul_Wall i think its keeping the from going pro
JoeB we'll be a force in two years, no doubt
NormalBull But that Is part of recruiting for baseball Pw
NormalBull (Question) Eric, has there been some progress on the Hall of Fame in the Athletic building? Will there be a nomination process for inducting members of the HOF, etc?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) There has been some progress but no where near what any of us would like. We are hoping to have a staff person dedicated to this in the very near future to make sure this is handled in the best possible manner.
Astro (Question) How is funding going to our various projects?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Things are starting to really gain stream. Vicki Mitchell, Joe Tomaino, Lee Roy Selmon and Doug Woolard know what they are doing. Vicki and Joe have been doing this type of stuff for years. It's been great to learn from the. The track and field stadium is being done as we speak. We have several asks out on other projects but that's about as much as I can say.
Eric_Soncrant The dining hall is an important piece that we are working on. I don't have an estimate on time but I think it will be sooner than later.
JoeB Do we know how many spots are in lot 5, lot 6, lot 7, etc? Any idea?
Eric_Soncrant I have a general idea but so much depends on some other issues like the size of Bullzone, media parking which has been in Lot 5 and 7.
Astro (Question) How are season ticket sales going? Are they going to open season tickets for the upper deck next year?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Season ticket sales are strong. We fully expect in the relatively near future to sell season tickets in the third level. With home games against WVU, Louisville, and Miami in 2009, that might be the year.
BasketBull. (Question) Q: Eric, is men's basketball okay now in terms of graduation rates with the recent release of the ARRP (hee hee)? I guess I'm referring to all the recent departures, including from the last coaching change. Thanks!
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) All of our sports are okay for now. We just need to make sure we do what we should be doing and if our coach's stay, we'll have more stability there. So much of those issues for basketball and baseball are coaching change related.
boomer (Question) Is there a way that you can provide the traffic patterns exiting the games from the various lots? In particular, will lots 5 and 7 still be able to exit onto Dale Mabry and have the option to go north or south?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) The traffic patterns will remain the same. As I recall, lots 5 and 7 exit on to Dale Mabry but you are required to head south. That is a big part of the reason for adding Lot 3 on the north side to give people an option of going north on Dale Mabry when they leave.
BullyPulpit (Question) What is the plan for Homecoming, when the giant tent takes up half of the parking spaces on the South end of the stadium? Is it going to be a free-for-all?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) That is a concern and we are still working on the options for that. You'll have to stay tuned but we have some ideas.
bbb Used to be option of north and south on Dm, from Mcewen Blvd.... or whatever the hell it's called.
BasketBull. (Question) Eric, security at Rent-A-Stadium, does USF pay for that, or does it come with the contract? I guess I'm asking if USF is paying for the tazers...
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) We pay for it using the TSA folks. It changes from game to game based on attendance.
BullyPulpit (Question) Is there any traction in selling the naming rights at the Sun Dome?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) I haven't heard any new names being thrown around so right now I'd have to say no. I think once we get the renovations done to it, it will be a much better sell.
JoeB So Usf is credited for teh first 3000 parking passes, and we didn't sell out of these last year, is that correct? I saw Jim post this on the main board earlier today
BullyPulpit What about Hooters or Outback, they aren;t interested in naming rights?
bbb 2800 parking passes sold last year if ai ecall correctly
BasketBull. Hooter --nah, I'd miss something.
BullyPulpit (Question) Is there anyway to tie together a baseball game with the Spring football game next year? In other words, can we work a deal to have a game at Legends Field, so people can then walk over to the Spring "Game"?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) I'm sure we could request a home game from the conference that weekend. Then it's just a matter of schedules. Do the Tampa Yankees have a game that night, is the field available. I think it's something to look into though.
JoeB Good idea, but you lose the home field of the Red
BullyPulpit If you did that you would have to make sure that the only way to get a Spring Game ticket is by going to the baseball game.
NormalBull (Question) Eric, have there been more lockers sponsored in the football locker room in the past year or so?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Not many but the BullBackers did sponsor one. That's the only new one I recall.
NormalBull (Question) With the nice donation we received for the basketball practice facility, how far out do you think it will be before we break ground on that facility....just a rough guess?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Mr. Muma is a motivated man to get that project done. He is actively helping us raise the additional funds needed for it. If I had to guess, I wouldn't bet against Mr. Muma and his desire to break ground by Dec. 31.
BullyPulpit (Question) How close are we to getting a dining hall for CJL and the players?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Thought I answered that. I'm not sure. Mr. Woolard and our staff our working on some ideas.
NormalBull That would be really awesome. Does Mr. Muma like football? ;-)
BullyPulpit If you do a December 31st ground breaking, may I recommend a New Year's Eve party, $250 / head, to help raise money for the new project.
Paul_Wall (Question) any ideas on season ticket numbers?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Last time I asked specifically was around the spring game. We were at about average retention rate but had sold 3,000 new tickets already.
Bullsfan (Question) How long for the new softball fields?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) I don't think long at all. Softball is one of the projects all we need is that one last gift or two for. It's packaged with football as the new practice fields will go where the softball stadium is currently standing. Probably not by next season but I would hope by the 2010 season.
mikebeau (Question) The dining hall would be for al sports or just football?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) I think the current plan classifies it as a nutrition center and would be for all sports.
boomer (Question) My friends thought they missed the deadline to renew their season tickets. Did I see earlier that they have until May 15?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) May 15 is the deadline to make your annual gift to the Bulls Club. Season ticket renewals were due Feb. 1st. That deadline might have caused more of a stir then the parking changes.
mikebeau (Question) Has it been decided if the new basketball facility will be stand alone or attached to the sun dome? I vote stand alone
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Nope, once we have all the funding and the complete feasibility study of the SunDome is completed, that will be decided.
mikebeau the deadline was early. would have liked a chance to look at seats a la the spring game since we had to move
BullyPulpit (Question) Eric, how are renegotiations going with Ray Jay/TSA concerning our lease?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Honestly, I haven't heard anything on that as of late. I've been busy with golf tournaments, renewals and parking. :)
JoeB (Question) what is your take on the baseball stadium project
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) I can't wait. I think the changes we've made...and kudos to Tom Buscemi from our staff for what he and his crew have done with it, have made it a much better place. But a new stadium can offer so much more for the fans, the team, and everyone else.
mikebeau anyone know if we have an Ocs if the stadium can sell beer?
JoeB baseball field sells beer
mikebeau i thought there might be some ncaa crybaby rule
bbb (Question) If we went on the quarterly payment plan for the Bulls Club gift last year it will roll over automatically to this year, correct?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Great question. It won't. However, along with everything else we will be sending out in July, we will be giving everyone a couple of options. You'll have that opportunity for a quarterly payment plan but we'll also have an automatic credit card charge option which can be done monthly or quarterly. Exciting stuff from my standpoint.
JoeB monthly payment options, good stuff
bbb Automatic credit card charge, monthly or quarterly?? Great news ..... Need to promote the heck out of that
NormalBull Eric, why not just move to garnishing our wages? ;-)
Bulliever (Question) Speaking of golf tournaments Eric, how is attendance shaping up for Around the Horns. What are the expectations?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Our hopes this year are to have at least 100 golfers and 150 people at dinner. A lot of people forget you can just purchase dinner tickets and mingle with the coaches during dinner. It's still early but the first event is Sarasota is starting to come together. I've learned that these things typically fall into place the last three weeks as long as we've done our job.
BullyPulpit (Question) Eric, is there a possibility of selling a "Olympic Sport" season ticket package that would essentially include admission (and priority points) for all non-football/basketball sports?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) Honestly, this is something we did one year and stopped the next but keep talking about it again. It is possible but not sure it will happen.
BullyPulpit What would be the downside?
JoeB I think baseball would be against it. seems like Lelo wants to build that up by himself
BullyPulpit (Question) Is there a Tampa Around the Horn Event upcoming? How many people usually attend? What is the cost?
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) June 30 at Tampa Palms. $700 per foursome or $40 per person for dinner. If you want to play and don't have a foursome, we'll match you up. It's $175 per person. These are the groups that usually wind up playing with an assistant coach or someone as well.
BasketBull. (Question) Eric, are there any plans for GoUSFBulls to broadcast live video of sporting events? It seems like the content has been lacking since the new group took over (just my opinion).
Eric_Soncrant (Answer) I believe we already do broadcast live content. You just have to join the press pas to get it.
BasketBull. football games?
BullyPulpit I believe they have sold the rights to football games through the Big East
Eric_Soncrant Football games most likely not as most are televised and those rights are owned by someone else.
Eric_Soncrant Ok everyone, that's all the questions from the other screen. Any last minute ones before I head out.
BasketBull. Your prediction for football this upcoming season!
Eric_Soncrant Our team is so unpredictable. It wouldn't surprise me if we went undefeated or if we were .500. Don't see us below that though
JoeB anything special (deals) for season ticketholders for the big east tourney in clearwater
Eric_Soncrant No official plans for the Be baseball tourney as of yet
bbb Did Gabby Belardo sign yesterday?
Eric_Soncrant Not sure on the recruit. Check gousfbulls.com
BullyPulpit What is the typical retention percentage (churn for those in the biz) for football season tickets?
Eric_Soncrant 85-90 percent retention
BullyPulpit What is the most cited reason for non-renewals? Financial concerns?
Eric_Soncrant It varies. Usually it's just not using tickets
mikebeau taking away their seats
JoeB Did the Saturday Notre Dame game time change (get moved up)?
Eric_Soncrant Not move up. It was Tba all season. Believe it's still 1 p.m.
mikebeau season tickets
mikebeau #
Eric_Soncrant Don't have an exact number
JoeB any Bulls Club events going on for the Nd series?
Eric_Soncrant Saturday
BullyPulpit Eric, if retention is 85 to 90% and we are within that window this year, we were at 20,000 at the end of last season, that would mean the lost tickets would bring us down to 17-18k, with the 3,000 new seats putting us at 20-21k, right?
Eric_Soncrant Thanks everyone. I'll keep checking in tomorrow for more questions on the main board as often as I can but we've been getting a lot of phone calls with renewals and parking. Thanks everyone as always for your support and thanks to Brad for letting us use this as a forum. Go Bulls!
  Eric_Soncrant left.
[/html]

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

eric is top shelf

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,213
  • Days Won:  422

4) All season tickets are worth the same amount of priority points

I think this needs to to re-addressed before the awarding of points. Those with basketball season tickets for 5 years or longer should get some kind of bonus points for going above and beyond .... especially those who have actually USED them.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I think this needs to to re-addressed before the awarding of points. Those with basketball season tickets for 5 years or longer should get some kind of bonus points for going above and beyond .... especially those who have actually USED them.

I feel your pain, but how long have they been scanning tickets?  Not sure they could go that far back even if they wanted to. 

I feel your pain, but how long have they been scanning tickets?  Not sure they could go that far back even if they wanted to. 

They could go by the honor system ....  ;)

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone have Eric's E-Mail address?  I want to make sure that I got Priority Points credit for being a USF alumni.

Anyone have Eric's E-Mail address?  I want to make sure that I got Priority Points credit for being a USF alumni.

PM him  ....

Archived