• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

That There's Your Sign.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Okay, so it is clear we are headed into the "summertime" sports duldrum.

On Saturday, I tried to find some redeeming sports on TV.  3 of 4 major networks had on infomercials throughout the afternoon.  ESPN had poker, and bowling.

Since then, I found myself watching the Tampa Bay storm the other night, and actually enjoying it, because at least it was some form of football (and quick moving I might add).  I may have to adopt the storm as my summertime team and AFL as my sport for the summer.... 

Too bad the Lightning couldn't hang.  Rays are doing better, but still puts me to sleep.  Went to two games already, but that takes a big commitment (time, money, and at the expense of sleeping)

I think, though it is technically spring, that we are firmly in the grasp of summer and the drought that is summertime sports....

• Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

That's the very reason why Im truly envious of baseball fans. I WISH I could get into baseball more.. that way I'd have a team to pull for several times a week for like 8 months out of the year.  :-\

• Content Count:  760

Baseball season is great. Games everyday! It definitly holds me over til football season. Hell, even then I'm in the stands checking playoff scores.

But I do agree that it can get boring if you dont really appreciate the game. And going to St. Pete during the week sucks.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Between GTA: IV and NCAA 2009, I will just eek through to football season.

• Content Count:  505

I used to watch the Storm all the time.  Go to a game, totally a great experience.  My problem with the league is that they moved the season up too early.  They should be just starting now instead of being halfway through the season.  By the time NCAA basketball and the NBA/NHL playoffs are over I then turn my attention to the AFL only to find the season over already.  Then you still have most of the summer left.  Hopefully the Rays stay competitive, I haven't watched baseball in a long time.

• Content Count:  2,363

It's lacrosse season! If you get ESPNU, there'll be NCAA tournament action on pretty much all day this Saturday and Sunday, then the quarters next weekend and the Final Four Memorial Day weekend. probably the most concentrated doses of lax you can catch on TV all year. and MLL starts their schedule on the Deuce on May 23.

Save for lax, however, I totally agree with your assessment of the summer doldrums. Baseball, NASCAR, tennis, golf, cycling, etc. do NOT keep my attention.

• Content Count:  2,213

After football season, I began dating a woman.  I immediately liked her.  The rub was that she has a couple of kids.  Recently, when playing with her kids in her back yard while she looked on, I got caught up in emotion and told her that the whole thing felt "right" to me.  She explained that it should feel right because she was my wife and those were my kids.

• Content Count:  1,757

Time to take out the Hobie Cat!  Even that starts to suck around the "dog days" of summer when the temps rise and the wind dies.        

NASCAR isn't a bad way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday, but definitely not every Sunday.  Maybe the reconciliation of the IRL / CHAMP / F-1 racing leagues will make for some interesting road course races in the next couple of years (and make indycar actually tolerable again).  

• Content Count:  808

Maybe the reconciliation of the IRL / CHAMP / F-1 racing leagues will make for some interesting road course races in the next couple of years (and make indycar actually tolerable again).  

I'm coming for you, Ricky Bobby.

• Content Count:  7,201

Time to take out the Hobie Cat!  Even that starts to suck around the "dog days" of summer when the temps rise and the wind dies.        

NASCAR isn't a bad way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday, but definitely not every Sunday.  Maybe the reconciliation of the IRL / CHAMP / F-1 racing leagues will make for some interesting road course races in the next couple of years (and make indycar actually tolerable again).  

Good point.  I have enjoyed Nascar more in recent years (good excuse to drink beer, grill out, and sit around).  Also Danicka is fun to watch in IRL.  So that may carry me over the next 3 months. 

Honestly, though, they are the longest 3 months of the year for me.  Maybe its because the kids are home from school, too.... 

Archived