• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta hand it to DawgPound

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Dawg needs to laugh more.....it's only a game.

No, it's just you.  I like most others here.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry if you don't like the truth....like those Orlando Sentinel articles  I posted when Plancher died. Memo to Dawgpound: I DIDN'T WRITE THE d@mn ARTICLES!

Don't shoot the messenger.   

If you don't like the message don't defend your school's hiring of person like George O'Leary who has a long history of pushing the envelope and playing fast and loose with the truth. When you hire a person with GOL's past, fans and media have every right to be more critical and suspicious.

Take home message: what goes around comes around. That is why i laugh at many of your online fans, b/c you have no problem completely trashing  a kid b/c he didn't pay a freaking speeding ticket, yet you look for mercy and 'understanding' when your athletic department fumbles the death of one of its players. I couldn't even imagine if the circumstances of Plancher's death happened at USF.

So do yourself a favor and get a clue....if anything else I and other USF fans have been very generous compared to the UCF circus clowns that regularly patrol Rival's Big East & National boards posting the slightest bit of news painting USF in a bad light.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

So do yourself a favor and get a clue....if anything else I and other USF fans have been very generous compared to the UCF circus clowns that regularly patrol Rival's Big East & National boards posting the slightest bit of news painting USF in a bad light.

They don't still do that, do they??

Well since we are all sticklers for accuracy nowadays, I would have to say the answer is.....YES!

They don't still do that, do they??

Well since we are all sticklers for accuracy nowadays, I would have to say the answer is.....YES!

They never learn....

Sorry if you don't like the truth....like those Orlando Sentinel articles  I posted when Plancher died. Memo to Dawgpound: I DIDN'T WRITE THE d@mn ARTICLES!

Don't shoot the messenger.   

If you don't like the message don't defend your school's hiring of person like George O'Leary who has a long history of pushing the envelope and playing fast and loose with the truth. When you hire a person with GOL's past, fans and media have every right to be more critical and suspicious.

Take home message: what goes around comes around. That is why i laugh at many of your online fans, b/c you have no problem completely trashing  a kid b/c he didn't pay a freaking speeding ticket, yet you look for mercy and 'understanding' when your athletic department fumbles the death of one of its players. I couldn't even imagine if the circumstances of Plancher's death happened at USF.

Truth does not come from speculative articles that you perceive to be true.  You claim anonymous sources to be absolute truth, yet they can easily be false.  It's much easier to hide behind the mask than to put your name on the line.

I can play this game too.  Take home message:  A biased opinion(such as yours) is just that, an opinion.  It has zero value and is usually skewed from the truth to accentuate your bias.  Sure, the same can be said about me or anyone else here, but unlike you, I'm capable of reserving judgment until investigations are done.

I also have the ability to see the difference between a speeding ticket, something completely within the control of the person getting it, and an accident where a player died.  You can't honestly compare someone making a driving mistake to the value of a human life.  If you do, you're more scum-like than I thought.  I can make the conscious decision to drive well over the speed limit.  Do you honestly think the coaches or players made the decision to push someone to their death?

Just like you have the right to dislike GOL for what he does/has done, I have the right to dislike you for the crap you have spewed.  You sir, are no purveyor of truth.

Takes one to know one.  Get a clue yourself.  There is no more generosity comparing USF fans to UCF, especially you.  For every Phil, there is a Randy.  You do your fair share of running with bad light news yourself.

• Content Count:  1,894

Personally I could care less what dawg-pound has to say. The mere fact he attends ucif discredits anything he has to say. Dawg-Pound is on a mission to prove he is smarter than the average forum poster. Well Mr.Post-it, you win sir. Visit www.whogivesa****.com. The only thing I give him credit for is trying to carry that dead weight of a school on his back.

Congrats for sounding like an idiot.  I think you're a little out of your element here.  Go back to the protective nest on the main board till you learn to fly.

You might want to work on that shallowness.  It is possible you might end up working for a UCF graduate.  Would you turn a job down if it meant having a UCF alum for a boss?

On another note, I must correct you.  It's "attended".  I have already graduated and have a real job(not in fast food or janitorial services, woot).

Truth does not come from speculative articles that you perceive to be true.  You claim anonymous sources to be absolute truth, yet they can easily be false.  It's much easier to hide behind the mask than to put your name on the line.

Again, I just posted the articles, and the Sentinel stands behind their story. Funny how UCiF fans had no problem with the Ben Moffitt articles and jumping to conclusions, despite many of the former Mrs. Moffitt's claims being shown to be categorically false. Thus while the Sentinel's article probably has some incorrect assumptions, I doubt they completely fabricated the entire story. Are you one of those who believe that the Sentinel made up the four players coming forward? the bottom line is that UCiF fumbled how it handled the situation, and if even some of the events described in the Sentinel are true, O'Leary deserves everything they get.

I can play this game too.  Take home message:  A biased opinion(such as yours) is just that, an opinion.  It has zero value and is usually skewed from the truth to accentuate your bias.  Sure, the same can be said about me or anyone else here, but unlike you, I'm capable of reserving judgment until investigations are done.

Again, you are aiming your agnst toward the wrong person. I didn't write the articles. In addition, you are asking aUSF fanbase who has had to deal with a lot of crap over the last three yeas, to give UCF the benefit of the doubt on all counts, despite UCiF fans jumping to the worst possible  conclusions and character assasinations of the last 10 years. When was the last time a UCF fans waited until the ALL the facts came out? See Moffitt case...

You can't honestly compare someone making a driving mistake to the value of a human life.  If you do, you're more scum-like than I thought.  I can make the conscious decision to drive well over the speed limit.  Do you honestly think the coaches or players made the decision to push someone to their death?

I never made such a  comparison. Please show me where I wrote that UCF's coaching staff killed Plancher? You just don't get it. You guys have no problem conducting character assasinations on our players for the merest of an infraction. Yet you seem besides yourself when USF fans don't give you the benefit of the doubt. Why should we? If the situation was reversed....you guys would be still be in a circle jerk around the internet. I am truly sorry about Plancher's death. That is beyond question, much like MOST UCF fans were sincere about Dorsey's passing last year despite spending the previous year labeling him a thug. Your attempt to discredit some very valid questions as being emotionally insenstive is just an attempt to avoid answering some tough questions and simply black and gold bias.

Just like you have the right to dislike GOL for what he does/has done, I have the right to dislike you for the crap you have spewed.  You sir, are no purveyor of truth.

Again, I have no idea what you are talking about. I simply posted articles from the Sentinel.

Takes one to know one.  Get a clue yourself.  There is no more generosity comparing USF fans to UCF, especially you.  For every Phil, there is a Randy.  You do your fair share of running with bad light news yourself.

First of all who the h3ll is Randy? It's surely not me....and I have been posting with the same handle since there have been USF boards on the internet. Secondly, unlike KL et al you didn't see USF fans rushing with the damning articles published by the Sentinel to every ACC, SEC, BE and CDOA board on the web. Well....at least I know that I didn't.

I would ask KL et al if he/they  could make the same statement but I'm still waiting for a UCiF fan to answer my question whether "they still believe that newspapers don't have agendas".

• Content Count:  1,894

Lol till I learn how to fly?...That's the thing.. I don't care what you have to say so its useless to respond. I use this forum for strictly usf information. I sit back and watch you post this after that trying to sound like the next best thing since the spell check. I just don't feel it. I think you spend to much of your salary time on here trying to put people down. When I graduate this year and eventually find myself in the career that I desire, I hope I'm not as bitter as you in my life.

Again, I just posted the articles, and the Sentinel stands behind their story. Funny how UCiF fans had no problem with the Ben Moffitt articles and jumping to conclusions, despite many of the former Mrs. Moffitt's claims being shown to be categorically false. Thus while the Sentinel's article probably has some incorrect assumptions, I doubt they completely fabricated the entire story. Are you one of those who believe that the Sentinel made up the four players coming forward? the bottom line is that UCiF fumbled how it handled the situation, and if even some of the events described in the Sentinel are true, O'Leary deserves everything they get.

Most UCF fans called for an investigation.  Would the result change?  Most likely not.  At least we would have some fair closure.  As you can tell with the lawyers shutting everyone up, there is definitely an investigation going on in Orlando.  The Slantinel has to be most displeased with the lack of story leaking.  As for their story, it's not the articles themselves more than the sources used in them.  Anonymous sources?  You expect that to hold water on something of this magnitude?  Interviewing Steven Moffett of all players about what he thought of GOL?  Let's pick the Pope and use him as a credible source on gay marriage.  Or course the OS can stand behind the story.  If they are right, they can run around beating their chests and if they are wrong, they can attribute to speculative writing due to not enough information being out yet from the official investigation.

Again, you are aiming your agnst toward the wrong person. I didn't write the articles. In addition, you are asking aUSF fanbase who has had to deal with a lot of crap over the last three yeas, to give UCF the benefit of the doubt on all counts, despite UCiF fans jumping to the worst possible  conclusions and character assasinations of the last 10 years. When was the last time a UCF fans waited until the ALL the facts came out? See Moffitt case...

Cry me a river.  When was the last time where USF was involved?  See above.  I apply to that group.  And yes, most USF fans have jumped on the conclusion wagon when it comes to GOL and Plancher's death shortly after the initial shock happened.  I think it was around the time of anonymous quotes and Steven Moffett.

I never made such a  comparison. Please show me where I wrote that UCF's coaching staff killed Plancher? You just don't get it. You guys have no problem conducting character assasinations on our players for the merest of an infraction. Yet you seem besides yourself when USF fans don't give you the benefit of the doubt. Why should we? If the situation was reversed....you guys would be still be in a circle jerk around the internet. I am truly sorry about Plancher's death. That is beyond question, much like MOST UCF fans were sincere about Dorsey's passing last year despite spending the previous year labeling him a thug. Your attempt to discredit some very valid questions as being emotionally insenstive is just an attempt to avoid answering some tough questions and simply black and gold bias.

Here is the difference:  O'Leary already did his character assassination, but that was years ago.  At this point, it's a combination of grasping for straws and beating a dead horse long after it decomposed.  We know he will never be recommended for sainthood and has a lot to answer for in life when his time comes.  His reputation will always be tarnished and he's already paid the price for it.  I'm not defending him on that.  The character assassination goes back to USF's public statement of not investigating combined with the timing of the academic changes which could throw up a red flag.  Are they related?  Who knows, but we have nothing but speculation to work with.  After all, USF did no investigation and never will.  As for Dorsey, this might sound insensitive, but it doesn't matter if a kid is called a thug or not.  If he is no longer with us, no label matters. 

Again, I have no idea what you are talking about. I simply posted articles from the Sentinel.

It's more than just those articles.  Those are merely recent things.

First of all who the h3ll is Randy? It's surely not me....and I have been posting with the same handle since there have been USF boards on the internet. Secondly, unlike KL et al you didn't see USF fans rushing with the damning articles published by the Sentinel to every ACC, SEC, BE and CDOA board on the web. Well....at least I know that I didn't.

Randy is flsportsfan.  You know, the one who created a fake Rivals name and went to almost every board in the nation to try and stir up crap.  Kinda weak if you ask me cause he didn't even do a good job at it.  After the first few schools, people started seeing right through it.  While it falls lower on the totem pole to what Phil has done IMO, both deserve mention for being pathetic.  I do have to give you credit for not being afraid to put your name on the line.  Some people(like Phil and flsportsfan), need to make up extra names to hide.  Me personally, I don't venture much to other boards unless I see a link or know of something newsworthy going on.  Unfortunately, KL makes the fan base look like it has an inferiority complex.  Only a VERY small minority think like him.  Most don't care what happens over there unless their school is involved.

I would ask KL et al if he/they  could make the same statement but I'm still waiting for a UCiF fan to answer my question whether "they still believe that newspapers don't have agendas".

I'm not KL and disagree with his practice.  I've never gone to other boards posting articles nor to do I condone it.  It's petty, stupid and immature.  It is a bad representation of my school.

To answer your question, I very much believe newspaper companies have agendas.  I have since before everything happened.  It's to sell newspapers and negative news sells.  If everything was puppies and rainbows(coined from this forum), the paper would go under.  Hell, just recently, Lynn Hoppes had an article listed as something like UCF Death:  The Aftermath.  The funny thing is that it had really nothing to do with the UCF death, but college football death in general.  The topic was used to sell, plain and simple.

Archived