• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tonight Was Ugly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Started out OK, with 2 runs in the 1st inning, but we gave those right back with a two run homer in the 2nd.  After that the game moved along with neither team doing much.  Kaufmann really pitched well until the 6th inning.  He probably was left in there a bit too long, but he had two botched plays behind him, and one actually in front of him by the catcher.  Angelberger started the inning by misplaying a ball, and then the next batter popped up a bunt that our catcher Corey Johnson dropped in foul territory.  After that play, Charles Cleveland booted a grounder that might have been a DP.  After that it unravelled for the Bulls.  This was the inning where we lost the game.  I think we gave up 4 steals in the inning as well.  Three runs ended up scoring.

It stayed 5-2 until the Top of the 8th when our closer Shawn Sanford entered the game and gave up 3 runs.  In the 9th, Stephen Hunt gave up the 9th run on a solo homer.  And then the Bulls decided to try to get back in the game scoring 3 runs in the bottom half to make the final score 9-5.  Ugly.  We score 2 in the 1st and 3 in the 9th and nothing in between.  Tonight we really looked like a young team, but it wasn't the Freshman that made us look so bad.  Angelberger struck out his first 4 at bats.  Hobbs had a few more Ks as well.  And a few DPs really took a few innings away from us.

The only positive that I came away with tonight was Ryan Lockwood who went 4-5 on the game and continued his hitting streak, which I believe is up to 28 games now.  That kid can flat out hit.  None of them were cheapies either, he scorched every one of them.  It'd be nice if some of our hitters would help him out once in a while, but it wasn't to be tonight.  In fact, there wasn't much life at all from the boys in white.  Kind of looked like they were just going through the motiions out there.  Hopefully they get their act together for the St. John's series because we really need a few more Big East wins.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

The Tinmen feel like they just won the College World Series after tonight's game.

• Content Count:  526
  • Days Won:  0

The Tinmen feel like they just won the College World Series after tonight's game.

Yes they do.  I got this quote from the UCF message board.  Yes sometimes I read their board after we play in a sport.

"Cozy put a lot of emphasis on these guys to win this **** game. That is what many have been clamoring for and he is giving it. The moment they stepped off the field after the win at Tulane he began stressing this game to them."

• Content Count:  2,239

Yes they do.  I got this quote from the UCF message board.  Yes sometimes I read their board after we play in a sport.

"Cozy put a lot of emphasis on these guys to win this **** game. That is what many have been clamoring for and he is giving it. The moment they stepped off the field after the win at Tulane he began stressing this game to them."

For the record, Cozart is using this game and the rest of the season as an audition to be the full time coach.  If I were in his shoes, I'd stress this game after Tulane as well.  There were no other games in between.

• Content Count:  526

For the record, Cozart is using this game and the rest of the season as an audition to be the full time coach.  If I were in his shoes, I'd stress this game after Tulane as well.  There were no other games in between.

He's auditioning, yes thats obvious.  However, he knows that the USF game is an easy sell to his team for very obvious reasons.  If you don't think so then you have your gold goggles on too tight.

• Content Count:  9,038

Man, I had to leave at the bottom of the 6th.  I was really hoping we'd pull it out.  Those 3 errors were the reason we lost the game.  No other way to explain it.

_EI - it was nice to meet you, broham.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Man, I had to leave at the bottom of the 6th.  I was really hoping we'd pull it out.  Those 3 errors were the reason we lost the game.  No other way to explain it.

Ditto, man... had a good time last night, even though the game was sucky.  I'm surprised the students were as tame as they were.  ;D

• Content Count:  760

Ditto, man... had a good time last night, even though the game was sucky.  I'm surprised the students were as tame as they were.   ;D

Thats because they started confiscating signs and monitoring us. I'm surprised no one was kicked out.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Ditto, man... had a good time last night, even though the game was sucky.  I'm surprised the students were as tame as they were.  ;D

Thats because they started confiscating signs and monitoring us. I'm surprised no one was kicked out.

I know... I saw they had Ayo and a wackenhut security guard positioned right next to the student section.  Crazy.

• Content Count:  3,307

I would have gone the other way entirely and pretended to not even know what was happening with their team. What better way to demonstrate that FOR GOD'S SAKE, THIS IS NOT A RIVALRY than to ignore it completely?

Archived