• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

CBS Sportsline has our FootBULLS ranked....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I hope the Offense can tighten up and change a few things up this year as well.  Face it, Grothe took the nation by surprise, but by the Rutgers game his style was figured out.  Couple that with some key injuries, which softened the line, and well we know how things ended.  The Bowl game showed this weakness too.

If we can provide some protection and complete passes, coupled with Ford on a ground attack, then Matt's speed out of the back becomes a weapon again.  Then we are BE champs.

Unitl we win one, we will never be the pre-season pick for top.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Who cares this means nothing!  Show me on the field come Aug-Dec!

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

5 BEAST Teams in teh preseason top 5, I hope that remains the case.

WVU will suck this year without Slaton.  We beat them down last year, and will have a better O this year. 

I think we can run the BEAST this year and I suspect that is Leavitt's goal.

I cannot help but think back to the Spurrier / UF years when he was clear with his team, worry only about your conference championship.  Focus on that, and all else will take care of itself.  I agree with that philosophy....

comparing leavitt to spurrier is funny

while winning the BE is an admirable goal,is it realisitic

usf finished weak at 5-4

I hope the Offense can tighten up and change a few things up this year as well.  Face it, Grothe took the nation by surprise, but by the Rutgers game his style was figured out.  Couple that with some key injuries, which softened the line, and well we know how things ended.  The Bowl game showed this weakness too.

If we can provide some protection and complete passes, coupled with Ford on a ground attack, then Matt's speed out of the back becomes a weapon again.  Then we are BE champs.

Unitl we win one, we will never be the pre-season pick for top.

will usf's offense be different?

if not grothe  will be in trouble

and kansas is #7.

WOW, that is going to be a big game early in the year.  RayJay is gonna be ROCKING just like the WVU game.  hopefully similar outcome.

Let's hope USF doesn't fall flat on our faces for this game, or we will not sniff the Top 25 for the rest of the season.

a truer statement  has never been made

• Content Count:  5,236
  • Days Won:  2

" WVU will suck this year without Slaton."  :-\WHAT? Did you see that guy name Noel Devine last season? This guy is a whole lot better than Slaton. I don't know who they will pass to, but there run game will be better.

whoa, slow down now!

i agree that saying they will suck without Slaton is definetely a stretch, but saying they will be better is also a bit of a stretch...

the key reason being the loss of Schmitt.  don't underestimate the impact that monster had on their run game.  not only was he a key factor in protecting and making holes for White, but he was big as a lead off blocker for Slaton as well... not to mention a threat in the run game in his own right.

one of the reasons WVU was so effective last year on the ground is that they had the diversity of Slaton's speed and outside running combined with Schmitt's blocking and power game.  i remember a few occasions that WVU lined up in the I and punished teams... they weren't strictly a finesse team that many people stereotype them as.

fullbacks are unsung heroes.  a guy with the talent and grit of Schmitt is hard to come by and hard to replace...

just ask Rutgers.  the biggest difference, IMO, between Rutgers' "cinderella" 2006 season and their relative letdown in 2007 was the loss of Brian Lenard.  Schmitt might be that missing piece for WVU this year (and ironically, a good quality FB is one thing the Bulls have rarely had the luxury of having.)

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

" WVU will suck this year without Slaton."  :-\WHAT? Did you see that guy name Noel Devine last season? This guy is a whole lot better than Slaton. I don't know who they will pass to, but there run game will be better.

whoa, slow down now!

i agree that saying they will suck without Slaton is definetely a stretch, but saying they will be better is also a bit of a stretch...

the key reason being the loss of Schmitt.  don't underestimate the impact that monster had on their run game.  not only was he a key factor in protecting and making holes for White, but he was big as a lead off blocker for Slaton as well... not to mention a threat in the run game in his own right.

one of the reasons WVU was so effective last year on the ground is that they had the diversity of Slaton's speed and outside running combined with Schmitt's blocking and power game.  i remember a few occasions that WVU lined up in the I and punished teams... they weren't strictly a finesse team that many people stereotype them as.

fullbacks are unsung heroes.  a guy with the talent and grit of Schmitt is hard to come by and hard to replace...

just ask Rutgers.  the biggest difference, IMO, between Rutgers' "cinderella" 2006 season and their relative letdown in 2007 was the loss of Brian Lenard.  Schmitt might be that missing piece for WVU this year (and ironically, a good quality FB is one thing the Bulls have rarely had the luxury of having.)

Schmitt, Reynaud and Slaton made Devine look all world in spot duty.  Can't wait to see what he does as an every down back.

• Content Count:  526

Schmitt, Reynaud and Slaton made Devine look all world in spot duty.  Can't wait to see what he does as an every down back.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

whoa, slow down now!

Please don't get fooled. I'm a big Bulls fan. But Noel Devine talents is no fluke. That guy is a highly dangerous weapon. The bulls have the speed to neutralize him and White. But they will have there way with the rest of the BE.

• Content Count:  4,501

Slaton and Devine are two completly different backs.  I wouldn't be suprised if Devine was long gone with an injury by the time we play WV.

Archived