• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

CBS Sportsline has our FootBULLS ranked....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

5 BEAST Teams in teh preseason top 5, I hope that remains the case.

WVU will suck this year without Slaton.  We beat them down last year, and will have a better O this year. 

I think we can run the BEAST this year and I suspect that is Leavitt's goal.

I cannot help but think back to the Spurrier / UF years when he was clear with his team, worry only about your conference championship.  Focus on that, and all else will take care of itself.  I agree with that philosophy....

We need to have a good defense to beat WVU. You dont want to get into a shoot out with them. If we do, I don't think we prevail. DEFENSE is key (as always)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642

WVU will suck this year without Slaton.  We beat them down last year, and will have a better O this year. 

I cannot help but think back to the Spurrier / UF years when he was clear with his team, worry only about your conference championship.  Focus on that, and all else will take care of itself.  I agree with that philosophy....

You're right, but our key to shutting the running game down was our cover corners.  With them doing what they do, we could run all kinds of blitz packages and such.  If our corners don't cover, then a scrambling QB can make a throw for a huge play down field.

We need to have a good defense to beat WVU. You dont want to get into a shoot out with them. If we do, I don't think we prevail. DEFENSE is key (as always)

• Content Count:  4,501

Wow - How far has the ACC fallen.  If I read the poll right their highest ranked is Clemson at 13th ?  I mean that is really sad.  I guess the chickens are coming home to roost for their raid on the BE.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

" WVU will suck this year without Slaton."  :-\WHAT? Did you see that guy name Noel Devine last season? This guy is a whole lot better than Slaton. I don't know who they will pass to, but there run game will be better.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

and kansas is #7.

WOW, that is going to be a big game early in the year.  RayJay is gonna be ROCKING just like the WVU game.  hopefully similar outcome.

Let's hope USF doesn't fall flat on our faces for this game, or we will not sniff the Top 25 for the rest of the season.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

and kansas is #7.

WOW, that is going to be a big game early in the year.  RayJay is gonna be ROCKING just like the WVU game.  hopefully similar outcome.

It could be bigger than the WVU game because WVU turned out +10K fans at that game, KU will only turn out a third of that number tops.  That's potential for several thousand more rowdy Bulls fans.

The wife and I are coming down for the KU game.

• Content Count:  4,642

and kansas is #7.

It could be bigger than the WVU game because WVU turned out +10K fans at that game, KU will only turn out a third of that number tops.  That's potential for several thousand more rowdy Bulls fans.

The wife and I are coming down for the KU game.

very true!  see you there!

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I think WVU could be tougher for us this year, not only because it's on the road, but I doubt Devine has the knack for disappearing after a few big hits like Slaton's soft a$$ did

• Content Count:  7,201

Agreed.  I thought that USF having a  good "D" was a given, so was more commmenting on the fact that we will have an improved "O" and theirs will be a reduced "O" so we should have similar results...

• Content Count:  7,201

" WVU will suck this year without Slaton."  :-\WHAT? Did you see that guy name Noel Devine last season? This guy is a whole lot better than Slaton. I don't know who they will pass to, but there run game will be better.

Good point.  I just think that we have a good chance at looking great at this game.

Hopefully we can shut Devine down, or at leat contain him.

Archived