• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

RUTGERS report

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Smazza, not to give you a hard time but the last two times vs. rutgers we really beat our self, usf just has far more talent, we did the same thing at Conn. I expect us to beat rutgers big this year.Two keys Ford, and new de beckford has to live up to clippings.

We didn't beat ourselves at UConn.  UConn ran the ball up our throat during the horrendous weather conditions and we tried to keep the passing game going.  We made poor decisions in the first half diring the rain.  I don't consider that beating ourselves. I consider that UConn coming out with a better gameplan and a little luck.

We didn't let UConn win the first half.  They beat us.

The whole we beat ourselves line is a total cop out.  We should have won but didn't is more acurate. We beat ourselves? No. UConn beat us.

I never understand why so many people on here seem to take pride in trying to point out that we didn't beat ourselves in certain games.  As smazza correctly makes the point, a loss is a loss.

As far as the UCONN game goes, it sure would be nice if there was some accuracy in your statement while you are getting on the team's case.  First of all, having sat through the rain, I can tell you that it only rained during the first two possesions.  Check the play by play ( I did), we ran the ball on 9 of our first 11 plays.  We didn't start throwing the ball until we fell behind.  The reality is we fell behind because we missed 2 field goals.  Grothe's INT for the TD (The play where Amarri got hurt) was on a tipped ball.

I very rarely get caught caught up in a they beat us vs we beat oursleves conversation, but if there was ever a game we beat ourselves I would definitely have to say that was the one.  2 missed field goals, Ced Hill wide open in the end zone frops a TD pass, Grothe throws n INT in the end zone when he could have easily walked in or lobbed a TD to a wide open receiver instead he throws it righ to the defense, a holding penalty takes away another TD, we block a punt in the end zone and the guy tries to pick it up instead of falling on it for a TD.  Putting the smallest guy on the team, who hasn't played a down in a year and a half and have him try to power up the middle?    I can't think of any other possibe ways we could have handed the game to them.

Ok, so maybe I don’t remember the game that well. I remember it raining and me being disappointed.  Interceptions stand out so I blame the passing game.

My apologies.  Though I still contend UConn beat us, but what does it matter? we lost

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

CBS College Sports Network to Launch on Cablevision in July Text Size:   

Posted on 5/19/2008 11:59:31 AM  PRINT THIS PAGE  E-MAIL THIS PAGE  RSS

NEW YORK, N.Y. - CBS College Sports Network, the pulse of college sports, officially launches on Cablevision's iO Sports Pak on July 1, 2008, providing fans throughout the area with the broadest and deepest coverage of college sports. 

Cablevision iO Sports Pak customers will now have access to CBS College Sports Network's full line-up of regular-season and championship events for 35 men's and women's college sports, as well as the network's award-winning original programming, features, live studio shows and documentaries.

"CBS College Sports Network is thrilled to join a robust line up of great sports networks in the iO Sports Pak, serving the interests of college sports fans throughout the New York marketplace," said Bob Rose, Executive Vice President, Distribution, CBS College Sports Network.  "We will connect iO customers, including alumni, young fans and student athletes to the college teams and sports they care most about."

CBS College Sports Network, available in eight of ten video homes in the country, is the primary rights holder for the Mountain West Conference, Conference USA, the Atlantic 10 Conference, as well as Navy athletics, plus features games and events from the Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, and nearly a dozen other conferences.  "College Sports Tonight" is the network's twice-nightly studio show, which covers the day's developments in the world of college sports, and features in-depth reporting, breaking news, interviews, scores, highlights and expert analysis. 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

CBS College Sports Network to Launch on Cablevision in July Text Size:   

Posted on 5/19/2008 11:59:31 AM  PRINT THIS PAGE  E-MAIL THIS PAGE   RSS

NEW YORK, N.Y. - CBS College Sports Network, the pulse of college sports, officially launches on Cablevision's iO Sports Pak on July 1, 2008, providing fans throughout the area with the broadest and deepest coverage of college sports. 

Cablevision iO Sports Pak customers will now have access to CBS College Sports Network's full line-up of regular-season and championship events for 35 men's and women's college sports, as well as the network's award-winning original programming, features, live studio shows and documentaries.

"CBS College Sports Network is thrilled to join a robust line up of great sports networks in the iO Sports Pak, serving the interests of college sports fans throughout the New York marketplace," said Bob Rose, Executive Vice President, Distribution, CBS College Sports Network.  "We will connect iO customers, including alumni, young fans and student athletes to the college teams and sports they care most about."

CBS College Sports Network, available in eight of ten video homes in the country, is the primary rights holder for the Mountain West Conference, Conference USA, the Atlantic 10 Conference, as well as Navy athletics, plus features games and events from the Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, and nearly a dozen other conferences.  "College Sports Tonight" is the network's twice-nightly studio show, which covers the day's developments in the world of college sports, and features in-depth reporting, breaking news, interviews, scores, highlights and expert analysis. 

When it comes to football, the Big East continually seems to be two steps behind the rest of the conferences.  Several other conferences seem to be way ahead when it comes to negotiating their own networks or packages such as this.

Rutgers lands a big catch in star tight end from Pennsylvania

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

BY TOM LUICCI

Star-Ledger Staff

LANGHORNE, Pa. -- Paul Carrezola said he just wanted to be sure when he made one final recruiting visit to Rutgers last week before announcing his college choice. So Neshaminy High School's star tight end scheduled a brief trip to Piscataway on Wednesday that was expected to last half the day.

"I was supposed to be back at school in the afternoon, but I wound up staying (at Rutgers) all day," he said. "Coach (Greg) Schiano and I talked for three hours and I watched film on (former Rutgers tight end standout) Clark Harris.

Advertisement

"There was just a special feeling I got when I was there. That's when I knew."

Carrezola, who had been torn between Rutgers and Pittsburgh to that point, became the fifth high school junior to give the Scarlet Knights a verbal commitment for 2009, announcing his decision yesterday in the Neshaminy High School gym as his parents and head coach, Mark Schmidt, looked on.

The 6-3, 252-pounder, known more as a pass-catching tight end now, chose Rutgers over Pittsburgh, North Carolina State and Iowa.

"The best thing I can say about this guy is that we've already named him a captain (for next season)," said Schmidt. "Usually we wait until the summer to do that."

Carrezola, who said he plans to major in business, said Rutgers' academic strength and its history of success at the tight end position were the deciding factors for him.

That and a nudge from Tom Savage, the highly rated quarterback from Cardinal O'Hara High School in Springfield, Pa., who committed to Rutgers last month.

"I've talked to him a couple of times. It did have an effect," Carrezola said. "It shows they have a leader and someone who can throw the ball and run the offense for the next few years."

Carrezola called his current label as more of a receiving tight end "fair," though he said the Rutgers coaches told him he was the most complete junior prospect at his position that they have seen.

"It's funny. A lot of people look at me and say I look like a blocking tight end -- and I can block," he said. "But ever since I was a little kid I have been able to catch the ball. Being a better blocker is all just a mind-set. I like to get in there and get after it, so being more physical isn't a problem for me."

Schmidt said it was "never an issue" that the two previous players he sent from Neshaminy High, located in eastern Pennsylvania, to Rutgers -- Jamar Brittingham and Antoine Lovelace -- washed out.

Brittingham, a running back, never qualified academically and eventually wound up at Bloomsburg University, where he became the school's career rushing leader. Lovelace, a wide receiver, played for the Knights in 1999 and 2000 before transferring out.

Tom Luicci may be reached at tluicci@starledger.com

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

where is the arrogance coming from

they beat us two straight years

They who?!?  If you mean the ref's then yes, you are correct. Those zebras have stuck it to us two years in a row. 

STOP MAKING EXCUSES

RU BEAT USF  ABND IF USF HAS YOUR ATTITUDE THEY WILL LOSE THE THIRD TIME

Not excuses, call it a reality check!  If USF is not ready mentally for the REF's to be crooked in this game they will never beat RU.  10 point swings due to absolutely terrible, flagrantly obvious rigged calls SHOULD BE EXPECTED!  It's happend 2 years in a row now.  D-line should fully expect to not draw any holding calls either, no matter how dirty it gets in the trenches.  It's a fact of life for USF playing against RU in a biased Big East.  They will always hate us for being from Florida, not to mention still being the "new kids". 

maybe your reality

not the rest of the world

Wow! Since when does Smazza's reality coincide with the rest of the world?  I have to ask, did you even watch these games? 

i didnt see you in el paso tweetybird

You ask the coach 

Join us Tuesdays @ 9 p.m., it's your chance to interact with Schiano and chat live with fans.

• Can't wait? Talk RU football in the forum!

ADVANCE QUESTIONS

Send a question for the show.

• Send a question in advance

HOW THE SHOW WORKS

The Greg Schiano Show takes place in ChatRadio, a unique environment where you can listen, send questions to the coach and chat with other fans. Simply click the "We're live!" link that's here when it's show time, login and get busy. 

Yes I chose to skip the bowl game and the $2K plus it would have cost me and the then pregnant wife to travel to El Paso.   

And did I see you at home games 1 through 6 last year?  Or how about every home game since 98?     

I like the tweetybird name... that's a good one Sm-ass.  It's pretty ironic that I wore my bright yellow shirt today! 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Yes I chose to skip the bowl game and the $2K plus it would have cost me and the then pregnant wife to travel to El Paso.   

And did I see you at home games 1 through 6 last year?  Or how about every home game since 98?     

I like the tweetybird name... that's a good one Sm-ass.  It's pretty ironic that I wore my bright yellow shirt today! 

$2k to go to El Paso?  We're you looking into chartering a personal jett?  You're excuse is lame. 

My wife and I got there and back for $750 (food, lodging, and game tickets included).

$2k to go to El Paso?  We're you looking into chartering a personal jett?  You're excuse is lame. 

My wife and I got there and back for $750 (food, lodging, and game tickets included).

Wow, you got a great deal.  When I was looking at plane tickets around 600+ per person round trip.  Add food, hotel, and time and 2K was right on the money.

Archived