• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

This time Amarri REALLY does sign with the BUCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

They wrote this on the Bucs web site about him. "Run picture-perfect routes and catch everything in sight." ??? I hope he makes it. He does have quicks (shiftiness, not fast) for a guy his size. He does have a chance to make it. They have one good WR. And if you piece Hillard, Clayton, and Stovall together, you would have a pro bowl WR.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

AJ if given the proper tutoring (big if as they don't exactly have free time to devote to these projects too much at this point); AJ could be a serviceful WR in the NFL.  You can't teach his size and when he's concentrating, he's incredible.  The key will be teaching him a few tricks to help him focus which they have the resources to help in the NFL unlike college with sports psychologists and what not.

As for the 5th round QB, if you saw comments from folks who watched him work out this past weekend, you'll see they are comparing his release to that of DAN MARINO and he looked VERY GOOD in practice.  i liked Brohm as well, but there's a large contingency out there who don't think he'll hold up in the NFL injurywise due to some sort of condition dealing with his ligaments being "too soft".

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Courtesy USF

TAMPA -- Former USF wide receiver Amarri Jackson made the most of his rookie camp tryout last weekend and was officially signed to a contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Tuesday.

"Quite a few teams [called me]," Jackson told Buccaneers.com. "[There were] a bunch of calls to my agent, but the Bucs were the place for me. I pretty much know the game, but I've got a lot more to learn.  The first step is making this team, and then I've got veterans like Joey Galloway to guide me through."

Jackson was  regular contributor to the Bulls, who started the first eight games of 2007 before suffering an injury that limited him to one catch (in the Sun Bowl) down the homestretch.  He ended his senior campaign with 22 receptions for 256 yards and two TDs. 

For his career he racked up 70 catches, 891 yards and five touchdowns.

His USF career will long be remembered for his breakout game against Louisville, when he had a pair of rushing TDs on end-arounds, a passing TD and two receptions for 75 yards.

Jackson is the fourth class of 2007 USF football player to sign with an NFL team. 

Mike Jenkins was drafted in the first round by the Dallas Cowboys, 25th overall.  Trae Williams went in the fifth round to the Jacksonville Jaguars and Ben Moffitt signed a free agent deal with the Houston Texans.

• Content Count:  5,590
  • Days Won:  3

I'm a bucs fan and dislike a lot of Gruden's offensive choices.  I think he should have taken Brohm in the second round as we need a good QB and "who the hell" he took in the 5th round is a waste.

I like the idea of Jackson playing for the Bucs.  There is always a chance a big and talented guy can learn to catch.  He learned most of a pretty serious playbook quickly and already has the routes down.  Amarrii Could do some good things.  Don't expect him to make the active roster this year, but if the coaches can get him to be a better player he could be awesome.  You have to remember in college the players aren't 24-7 football players.  They have to go to and pass classes too.  Even easy classes need some study time.

With 100% dedication he might be good.

Andre hall took a lot of time to make a team and came out looking very good with the few games he played with the Bronccos.  AJ could loko the same in 2-3 years.

Though is special team skills could have him rival Dexter Jakson (the 2nd round pick) for that roster spot.  Granted he stops holding the ball like a loaf of bread.

I don't think Josh Johnson was a waste.

• Content Count:  526

I'm a bucs fan and dislike a lot of Gruden's offensive choices.  I think he should have taken Brohm in the second round as we need a good QB and "who the hell" he took in the 5th round is a waste.

I like the idea of Jackson playing for the Bucs.  There is always a chance a big and talented guy can learn to catch.  He learned most of a pretty serious playbook quickly and already has the routes down.  Amarrii Could do some good things.  Don't expect him to make the active roster this year, but if the coaches can get him to be a better player he could be awesome.  You have to remember in college the players aren't 24-7 football players.  They have to go to and pass classes too.  Even easy classes need some study time.

With 100% dedication he might be good.

Andre hall took a lot of time to make a team and came out looking very good with the few games he played with the Bronccos.  AJ could loko the same in 2-3 years.

Though is special team skills could have him rival Dexter Jakson (the 2nd round pick) for that roster spot.  Granted he stops holding the ball like a loaf of bread.

the Bucs have 6 QBs before the draft and you expect them to use a 2nd round pick on someone who was already taken? (that's right-- both Brohm and Henne were gone right before the Bucs picked in the second round). As if that weren't enough to tarnish your stellar draft analysis, yu have the balls to rip apart the steal they got in the 5th round? Did you see this kid play? Great athlete and while he may not be a QB he sure as hell can make some dent on this team.

I've always liked Amari-- but to compare him to Dexter Jackson is pretty useless. AJ will be extremely fortunate to make the practice squad let alone the team itself. I am pulling for him but let's be realistic.

Maybe you missed the draft, but the Bucs traded down to get Dexter Jackson.  If they didn't trade down, then Brohm was there.

the main point is that they didn't need a QB- especially not a 2nd round pick for one. IS this some stellar QB class-- HARDLY.

They traded down huh-- seems like a smart move considering they go the receiver they wanted all along. Receiver was a NEED. QB-- not so much. DId you miss the joking around the analysts did talking about how Gruden likes to collect QBs? How many wasted picks on QBs are enough for you?

I'm not saying Brohm or Henne don't have talent. But if either of them see the field for significant playing tim ein the next three years-- I will be amazed.

Then I believe you'll be amazed.  At least one of them will be the full time starter at some point by their third year.  Thats money in the bank.  I"ll predict Henne since BP doesn't have much faith in Beck.  However I agree with you that the Bucs didn't NEED to draft a QB.  Chicago did and they didn't.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

huh??

where's all the anti-buc slander that's always on here?

or am I a few minutes early of someone coming in to bash the bucs for not giving ALL the bulls players free agent contracts?

:-P

gruden still doesnt make up for shafting jenkins, but this is a start ;)

I agree.

Let's see if Gruden passes on Selvie if he decides to enter the draft next year.

Round 1 #15 Tampa Bay *George Selvie  DE South Florida

http://www.gbnreport.com/2009projection.html

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

huh??

where's all the anti-buc slander that's always on here?

or am I a few minutes early of someone coming in to bash the bucs for not giving ALL the bulls players free agent contracts?

:-P

gruden still doesnt make up for shafting jenkins, but this is a start ;)

I agree.

Let's see if Gruden passes on Selvie if he decides to enter the draft next year.

Round 1 #15 Tampa Bay *George Selvie  DE South Florida

http://www.gbnreport.com/2009projection.html

There is no freaking way Gruden allows the Bucs to draft defense in the first round three years in a row ....

• Content Count:  1,457

Impressive; I though he would have to play some JR league first.

Go AJ

Archived