• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This time Amarri REALLY does sign with the BUCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

According to USF Nation.com

547682.jpg

Bulls WR Amarri Jackson signs with Buc's

Former USF WR Amarri Jackson who was one of three Bulls invited to the Bucaneer rookie mini camp, signed a free-agent contract with Tampa shortly after the camp. Only on USFNation.com

Congrats Amarri!

modified by Bulliever to remove link to pay-content

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Sweet mama!

/no pun intended  :)

• Content Count:  117

This is great news for Amarri and USF. Apparently Gruden see's more potential in Amarri than many  Bulls Fans, shameful but true.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Greg Auman is reporting it as well:

May 05, 2008

It's a deal: Amarri signs with Bucs

Former USF receiver Amarri Jackson, passed over in last weekend's NFL Draft, showed enough in a three-day rookie minicamp with the Bucs that he's agreed to a free-agent contract with Tampa Bay, according to his agent.

"They offered him a deal," Tim Rogers said Monday night. "It's not official because we haven't signed it yet, but I've got the contract."

Jackson, one of 38 undrafted players brought in to battle for a handful of contracts, will report back to the Bucs in two weeks for the first session of OTAs, which open on his 23rd birthday. Rogers said Jackson will be one of 12 receivers the Bucs take to camp, so he'll still face a tough numbers crunch to make the Bucs' 53-man roster in August.

Jackson is the fourth member of this year's USF senior class to sign with an NFL team, joining cornerbacks Mike Jenkins (first round, Cowboys) and Trae Williams (fifth, Jaguars) and linebacker Ben Moffitt, who signed a free-agent deal with the Texans.

Posted by Greg Auman at 6:56:52 PM on May 5, 2008 | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

• Content Count:  2,461

You were way too early with your countdown mike.  :)

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Apparently Gruden see's more potential in Amarri than many  Bulls Fans, shameful but true.

maybe Jackson showed more to Gruden than he showed us as Bulls fans.

if he put up a "Louisville 2005"-type performance at minicamp, then I can fully see why the Bucs would sign him.

congrats to Amarri... I wish him the best, and hope to buy a Bucs Ajax jersey in the near future.

• Content Count:  883

I hope he does well.  Played for my high school, my college and now my NFL team hopefully.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If they were looking at pure athletic ability, Amarri is the man.  I hope he does well, but he will be facing long odds.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

If they were looking at pure athletic ability, Amarri is the man.  I hope he does well, but he will be facing long odds.

his size got him a foot in the door.

i hate to say it because i love Ajax, but he probably wouldn't have got this shot if he were 3 inches shorter.

• Content Count:  12,293

i hate to say it because i love Ajax, but he probably wouldn't have got this shot if he were 3 inches shorter.

no question thats what got him there.  he was a raw WR at USF.  the bucs obviously think that with NFL coaching and full time dedication to football that amari has a shot to contribute. 

if anything, it gives the Bucs a BIG WR that they can put on their practice squad to help the DBs get ready for opponets.

but either way, you cant coach size and you cant simulate it in practice to your DBs either.

Archived