• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach: Guard Belardo commits to Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

is it just me, or does CSH have a thing for Latin players?

Belardo, Espinosa, Rivas and of course Verdejo...

looks like we might have the PR/DR national team playing in the Dome.

Latinos estamos conquistando el mundo de baloncesto... VAMOS TORROS!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing........

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,928

Hopefully CSH is turning the corner. I have been waiting along time to see great hoops at USF.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Jake, was thinking the same thing on the Youtube. If all you're showing is a two-minute clip, go ahead and keep shooting until you hit eight in a row, then throw that clip up online. It's not an indictment of the kid's shooting ability, just his video editing ability ...

Exactly.  And showcase some different moves, not just the lame pump fake and pull up J.  I'll keep an open mind until I see him play.

This had to be brought back up.No those workout videos weren't impressive at all and really did a disservice to Belardo's game and the kind of talent he really is.Well this is some footage of the player that we are getting including highlights of him dominating at one of the best AAU events yearly in the Kingwood Classic.This is why he is a USF Bull.Happy Independence Day!!

/v/rPOjWjHpc-s&hl

/v/dxRmZztAQVI&hl

/v/3BnylIf5z6I&hl

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The main asset this kid seems to have is tremendous body control.  He seems to be able to always get off a balance shot while driving and doubleclutching the shot.

• Content Count:  1,797

Vega, thanks for finding these.  I have enjoyed your hoops contributions on this site.  Keep them up.  Have you seen the guys play this summer now that they have reported to USF?  Just curious as to how they stack up.

Velcro, I agree.  Some good twisting shots.  In the BE he will get banged around harder than that and his shot will ALWAYS be challenged when he drives into the lane, but I like the fact that he seems capable of pulling up and hitting the short jumpers.  DoJo does this well too, and all he did was lead the team in scoring last year.

Normal

Guest BasketBull.

Thanks, Vega.

Gaby's a very mature player. I can see him getting minutes this upcoming season.

I'm feeling better and better all the time about this class. GO BULLS!

Vega, thanks for finding these.  I have enjoyed your hoops contributions on this site.  Keep them up.  Have you seen the guys play this summer now that they have reported to USF?  Just curious as to how they stack up.

Normal

No I haven't seen these guys since they arrived on campus.A friend of mind does a great job of keeping up with the USF team.As long as he isn't to busy and is allowed access on the inside he will continue to report how the guys are doing in the weight room and on the practice floor.

I usually get out to some of these AAU events during the spring and summer, but this was the 1st time in a few years I didn't attend any of the them.

I do advise any and everyone that has time, to go out and support these young men and women by attending an AAU event or two.You will have a lot of fun, get to meet some of these coaches and NBA players there, plus see some good basketball, maybe a future Bulls player.

BTW wear a USF Bulls jersey to a HS or AAU game if there are players there of interest.It is no shame doing that these days with Heath the HC here.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hoopscoop.com jumped Belardo up to #29 on their list of top 5th year players. They also have Gilchrist #20 and Akol #31.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/classof2008-5thyearrankings.asp

They also have John Riek #10.

According to Greg Auman, Riek is seriously looking once again at playing college basketball:

July 5, 2008

-- Again, I really don't think he'll wind up at USF, but 7-foot-2 center John Riek, who cited a knee injury in backing out of the NBA Draft, is hoping to land at a major college this fall. Riek had considered attending IMG Academy in Bradenton, but after undergoing successful knee surgery, he's targeting colleges, according to advisor Fatah Muraisi. Thing is, he won't be able to take the SAT until September, so he'll need a program that will take him long after the fall semester begins. That's not likely to be USF, but could a school like Cincinnati, which Muraisi said is on a quarters calendar.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/07/brewer-advances.html

Hoopscoop.com jumped Belardo up to #29 on their list of top 5th year players. They also have Gilchrist #20 and Akol #31.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/classof2008-5thyearrankings.asp

They also have John Riek #10.

According to Greg Auman, Riek is seriously looking once again at playing college basketball:

July 5, 2008

-- Again, I really don't think he'll wind up at USF, but 7-foot-2 center John Riek, who cited a knee injury in backing out of the NBA Draft, is hoping to land at a major college this fall. Riek had considered attending IMG Academy in Bradenton, but after undergoing successful knee surgery, he's targeting colleges, according to advisor Fatah Muraisi. Thing is, he won't be able to take the SAT until September, so he'll need a program that will take him long after the fall semester begins. That's not likely to be USF, but could a school like Cincinnati, which Muraisi said is on a quarters calendar.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/07/brewer-advances.html

Mercy!!! John Riek just won't go away.

I was at one time all for getting the big guy, but that was before he went from being an athletic dominating center to just being Big For Nothing.

Unbelievable how this man has regressed just over a year.He looks 40 and by all reports he has played like an over the hill big man over the last few months.Maybe because of injury, but also because he bought into his own hype and didn't work on his game like he should have been doing.

Frankly I don't want the guy if all he can be is a backup center that slows the pace down when he is on the floor.

However there is still a part of me that wouldn't mind seeing what Heath and Hipsher can do with a 7-2, 250lb Big Man that was once full of potential.7-2, 250 is still respected by the opposition.If Cincinnati is where he goes then congratulations.

• Content Count:  919

I definitely feel better after watching those videos.  Thanks, Vega.

Archived