• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

3 Teams, 2 Spots for Tourney

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

OK, 6 games remaining for the three teams that are fighting for the last two Big East Tourney spots.  UConn needs too much to happen to be considered a contender.  As it stands right now we have a 1 game advantage on Rutgers and Villanova.  We play the top two teams in the league, however, so it will be a tough two weeks.  We'll know more after the RU/VU series.  That one will directly affect who gets in and who doesn't.  Here's how the schedules break down:

USF                  (10-11)  3 games at St. John's and 3 games versus Notre Dame

Rutgers            (9-12)  3 games versus Villanova and 3 games at Louisville

Villanova            (9-12)  3 games at Rutgers and 3 games versus St. John's

UConn              (8-16)  3 games at Pitt,  most likely would need a sweep and a multitude of things to happen, so I'll say they are OUT

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

We need to root for Rutgers against Nova, and then let St. John's knock Nova out of contention. Somehow we need to win two against St. John's and Notre Dame to secure a spot in the tourney. Our hitting has been doing well the last third of the season. If we can get a streak of pitching going where we do not walk batters, we will be fine. Our pitchers do fine when they are not issuing walks. Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I was looking for tiebreaker information on bigeast.org and I couldn't find anything on it.  We should be OK in terms of tiebreakers though, since we beat both Rutgers and Villanova in two out of three games.  If there is a 3 way tie, I'm not sure how that gets settled.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

this will go down to the wire

Archived