• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stewart Mandel leaves USF out of top 25

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I might be the odd guy out here, but I don't think OU really was that good in the bowl game; they just kept running the same play over and over and it we did nothing about it.  Besides the 3rd quarter we were still alive.  I think it was one of the rare cases of bad coaching on our part.

I don't think it was all that "rare."  We had some violation coaching moments throughout the season.

Running a nickel in the SunBowl when Stewart was eating our lunch was uber fail.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

It's not how you start, it's how you finished? I think USF is second or third best team. Seriously, Pitt ahead of the Bulls, Really? Weren't they like 5-7?

For the millionth time, it is because they beat West Virginia. UCLA beat USC in 2006 to keep them out of the title game, guess what they were a preseason top 25 despite the fact that they were terrible in 2005 and got walloped by a bad Florida State team in their bowl. It's the same thing with Pitt, the last thing people remember is them beating West Virginia. Plus like Ron Zook at Florida, Wannestedt brings in tons of talent each year so thats always good enough to get some votes in the preseason too because in the preseason potential reigns surpreme. 

• Content Count:  356

I am serious...and stop calling me Shirley... ;D

Mandel was probabaly just too busy with the whole "deal or no deal" thing to do any serious research into the subject... ;D

• Content Count:  292

Archived