• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stewart Mandel leaves USF out of top 25

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

SI.com's Stewart Mandel has #14 WVU, #22 Cincy, #25 Pitt with UConn on the cusp.  Are we really the 5th best team right now in the Big East?  Everyone of those teams are losing starters.  I don't think our defense will be that far off of where it was and we get our whole offense back.  We had a lot of underclassman last year.  How does Pitt, Cincy, and UConn get picked ahead of us?  Other than playing on the road I think we are better than WVU as well.  I guess that 3 game losing streak and the debacle in El Paso have really hurt the perception of our program.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/05/01/spring.rankings/index.html?eref=T1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm cool with it.  Our lpayers can once again assuem the underdog role and not feel any outside pressure to win.

It's when the pressure was on that they fell from grace.  Even in El Paso they were expected to win big and probibly believed it from what I saw.

Hopefully after we win a few games and get back into national chatter we wont implode again.

• Content Count:  720

He also has an Oregon without Dixon or Stewart at #20.  :-\ I don't take any stock in this guy's top 25. It's seems ridiculous to me....

• Content Count:  12,293

he is usually very supportive of USF.  but really, i could careless about top 25 polls in May.  They are just something for fans to talk about.

I really want to see USF be pre-season top 25 in the real polls when they come out.

• Content Count:  505

He also has an Oregon without Dixon or Stewart at #20.  :-\ I don't take any stock in this guy's top 25. It's seems ridiculous to me....

I thought Oregon looked like a top 10 team in the Sun Bowl.  From that team they lost Stewart.  Per Mandel, the QB Roper was impressive in the spring game. Oregon has really recruited well so #20 might be too low.

Rezz - It would be nice to be in these may polls so we have the momentum to get into the preseason Top 25.  I'm sure most voters only have these May top 25's and other press to go by when voting.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Their fourth-string QB made our team seem ridiculous to me...

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Mandel is pro-USF... a couple of big wins to start the season and he'll have us right back up there.

Fear not.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

SI.com's Stewart Mandel has #14 WVU, #22 Cincy, #25 Pitt with UConn on the cusp.  Are we really the 5th best team right now in the Big East?  Everyone of those teams are losing starters.  I don't think our defense will be that far off of where it was and we get our whole offense back.  We had a lot of underclassman last year.  How does Pitt, Cincy, and UConn get picked ahead of us?  Other than playing on the road I think we are better than WVU as well.  I guess that 3 game losing streak and the debacle in El Paso have really hurt the perception of our program.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/05/01/spring.rankings/index.html?eref=T1

UCONN AND CINNCY BEAT US LAST YEAR

PITT HAS MORE TALENT

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

I thought Oregon looked like a top 10 team in the Sun Bowl.  From that team they lost Stewart.  Per Mandel, the QB Roper was impressive in the spring game. Oregon has really recruited well so #20 might be too low.

Rezz - It would be nice to be in these may polls so we have the momentum to get into the preseason Top 25.  I'm sure most voters only have these May top 25's and other press to go by when voting.

When you are on wrng end of biggest beatdown in bowl season you dont get put in top 25

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

In the end, that Oregon team is one of the best teams USF has ever played.  They were rolling, had a devastating injury, got to the Christmas break and coached up a backup quarterback and then dominated in El Paso.  I easily understand how they are top 20.

But for the Dixon injury, they would've played in the NC game.

Archived