• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

FLY TO FIU GAME FOR FREE!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

Hope you don't lose your money.

Its non-refundable.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

The only reason you have to put CC in is in case you want to be part of their club or check in additional baggage.

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

The only reason you have to put CC in is in case you want to be part of their club or check in additional baggage.

Probably also for security reasons.

Looks like we're up to 12 now.

Hope you don't lose your money.

Its non-refundable.

Yeah, I hope I don't lose that $0.00 I paid.  That would suck!  ;D

• Content Count:  1,981

I have a feeling this might be a system error on their part because everywhere I read it says that with the "save48" code the taxes are not included.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I fly Spirit all of the time, Tampa-Detroit.  I have made that flight 4 times already just this year, as my in-laws live in Perrysburg, OH, only an hour south of Detroit.  It's the only airline other than Northwest that offers non-stop between the two cities, which saves 2-3 hours over the flights with stop-offs.  Spirit is also considerably cheaper than most other airlines.  I constantly check their website for their Red Light Specials.  Taxes, 9/11 fees and all of that other crap included, my wife and I have flown for under $100 round-trip, for both of us.  You can't beat that with a stick!

There are some very nice things about Spirit:

1. Their fleet is the youngest of any US-based carrier.  All of their planes are Airbus, none of which are more than 7 years old.

2. The seats are all leather, and have the same amount of legroom as on any other plane.

3. The crews on the planes have been pretty good overall, especially compared to SouthWorst.

4. Unlike some airlines, Spirit does NOT charge you extra for an Exit Row.  I flew Northwest for work a month ago, and they wanted me to pay 40 bucks for a friggin' Exit Row seat!  I am 6'3" and 280 lbs.  I need all of the room I can get!

5. You can assign your seat earlier than one day in advance.  Keep in mind that they don't open the Exit Rows until the day of the flight.

Now for the bad:

1. They charge for EVERYTHING.  Checking a bag?  20 bucks at check-in or 10 bucks on the Internet.  Soda or water is 2 bucks, beer is 5, etc.

2. Counter people (at least at TIA) are pretty bad.  Rude, don't know much, sling luggage, etc.

3. God help you if you have a problem with them.  Their customer service line is located in like India or Pakistan, available M-F from 0900-1600 only.  If you want to make a reservation, that's 24/7 and you get someone that speaks English.  But if you have a problem, you get some derka-derka that can gets paid 2 bucks an hour to make your life miserable.

My wife and I were double-charged for checking a bag (20 bucks instead of 10), and she must've spent four hours on the phone, to no avail.  I told her "It's only ten bucks.  Let's just save ourselves the anguish and let it go."

I would never, EVER fly Spirit if I had to make a connecting flight or international flight (they fly to Jamaica, Bahamas, Haiti, etc.).  Even when connecting on another Spirit flight, I do not reccommend this airline.  They do not wait for even their own planes.  I have read more than enough horror stories of people missing flights and being stranded in the airports overnight.  Just Google "Spirit Airlines" and start reading.  Some of the stories will seriously make you sick to your stomach.

I repeat: SPIRIT AIRLINES' CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE.  IF YOU FLY AND EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS, BE PREPARED TO BE LEFT HIGH AND DRY WITH LITTLE TO NO HELP AT ALL.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

That being said, I will continue to fly Spirit for Tampa-Detroit.

Oh, an FYI - if and when you do book a flight, it automatically signs you up for their $9 Fare Club AND Travel Insurance.  Make sure to un-check them, or you will pay $20.00 extra at book-in and have your credit card automatically charged $24.99 every month for Fare Club.  And yes, they do this intentionally.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I'm in for 3.... worst case scenario, it gets cancelled and I'm out zero dollars.

I fly Spirit all of the time, Tampa-Detroit.  I have made that flight 4 times already just this year, as my in-laws live in Perrysburg, OH, only an hour south of Detroit.  It's the only airline other than Northwest that offers non-stop between the two cities, which saves 2-3 hours over the flights with stop-offs.  Spirit is also considerably cheaper than most other airlines.  I constantly check their website for their Red Light Specials.  Taxes, 9/11 fees and all of that other crap included, my wife and I have flown for under $100 round-trip, for both of us.  You can't beat that with a stick!

There are some very nice things about Spirit:

1. Their fleet is the youngest of any US-based carrier.  All of their planes are Airbus, none of which are more than 7 years old.

2. The seats are all leather, and have the same amount of legroom as on any other plane.

3. The crews on the planes have been pretty good overall, especially compared to SouthWorst.

4. Unlike some airlines, Spirit does NOT charge you extra for an Exit Row.  I flew Northwest for work a month ago, and they wanted me to pay 40 bucks for a friggin' Exit Row seat!  I am 6'3" and 280 lbs.  I need all of the room I can get!

5. You can assign your seat earlier than one day in advance.  Keep in mind that they don't open the Exit Rows until the day of the flight.

Now for the bad:

1. They charge for EVERYTHING.  Checking a bag?  20 bucks at check-in or 10 bucks on the Internet.  Soda or water is 2 bucks, beer is 5, etc.

2. Counter people (at least at TIA) are pretty bad.  Rude, don't know much, sling luggage, etc.

3. God help you if you have a problem with them.  Their customer service line is located in like India or Pakistan, available M-F from 0900-1600 only.  If you want to make a reservation, that's 24/7 and you get someone that speaks English.  But if you have a problem, you get some derka-derka that can gets paid 2 bucks an hour to make your life miserable.

My wife and I were double-charged for checking a bag (20 bucks instead of 10), and she must've spent four hours on the phone, to no avail.  I told her "It's only ten bucks.  Let's just save ourselves the anguish and let it go."

I would never, EVER fly Spirit if I had to make a connecting flight or international flight (they fly to Jamaica, Bahamas, Haiti, etc.).  Even when connecting on another Spirit flight, I do not reccommend this airline.  They do not wait for even their own planes.  I have read more than enough horror stories of people missing flights and being stranded in the airports overnight.  Just Google "Spirit Airlines" and start reading.  Some of the stories will seriously make you sick to your stomach.

I repeat: SPIRIT AIRLINES' CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE.  IF YOU FLY AND EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS, BE PREPARED TO BE LEFT HIGH AND DRY WITH LITTLE TO NO HELP AT ALL.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

That being said, I will continue to fly Spirit for Tampa-Detroit.

Oh, an FYI - if and when you do book a flight, it automatically signs you up for their $9 Fare Club AND Travel Insurance.  Make sure to un-check them, or you will pay $20.00 extra at book-in and have your credit card automatically charged $24.99 every month for Fare Club.  And yes, they do this intentionally.

Yeah, my friend's mom is part of the $9 club as she has family in Detroit also.  She flies up there several times a year for $9.  Haven't heard about the horror stories but I am sure it'll be fine for such a short flight with no checked bags.

Looks like we're up to 15 now!

• Content Count:  89

Just some fine print from the deal:

"This offer is valid only on new roundtrip bookings with fares of $49 each way or higher at spiritair.com"

When removing the coupon code the flights are only $19 each way. 

Hopefully if this is the case and it's a systems error they will honor the tickets anyway.  Otherwise all of you are out your $0.00!!!  ;D ;D

I think as it gets closer and we've gotten our seats selected we're good to go.  The return flight I selected was $54 but you're right, the flight there is $19.  It went through though so the worst they can do is cancel the reservation.

Archived