• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What bowl game do you think we go to this year?

What bowl game do you think we go to this year?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I would rather watch a football game played in the parking lot of Kmart than at the Trop. Its the nation's worse Baseball facility. Nevermind trying to put a gridiron in there.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I would rather watch a football game played in the parking lot of Kmart than at the Trop. Its the nation's worse Baseball facility. Nevermind trying to put a gridiron in there.

So, I've been to one Rays game and traditionally HATE baseball as a whole.  I just don't see where everyone comes off saying the Trop is a dump.  I thought it was quite nice and the parking was easy access.

Maybe the parking gets hairy when it sells out for Boston or Yankees games, but to for so few occurences I just don't really get it.

On top of that the new stadum idea is for outside.  UUGHHH, even more of a reason to never again go to a baseball game.  Intense Florida heat + baseball = bad news.

• Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

Baseballs meant to be played outdoors.  Can't be any worse than 1:00 Bucs games.  Don't forget that UCF game last year too.  That was brutal.  The Trops not as bad as everyone says, but it's not that great either.  It just feels kind of generic, vanilla or whatever you want to say.  The A/C is nice though.  Parking is easy and I've been there so many times (we had season tix for the Storm when they played there back in the day to give an idea) it's like a second home to me.  But as far as the poll, I'm thinking a BCS game like a bunch of you.  There's no reason we can't win the BE this year unless we shoot ourselves in the foot (feet?) again.

• Content Count:  2,461

Baseballs meant to be played outdoors.  Can't be any worse than 1:00 Bucs games.  Don't forget that UCF game last year too.  That was brutal.  The Trops not as bad as everyone says, but it's not that great either.  It just feels kind of generic, vanilla or whatever you want to say.  The A/C is nice though.  Parking is easy and I've been there so many times (we had season tix for the Storm when they played there back in the day to give an idea) it's like a second home to me.  But as far as the poll, I'm thinking a BCS game like a bunch of you.  There's no reason we can't win the BE this year unless we shoot ourselves in the foot (feet?) again.

Brutal yet completely effing glorious!

Brutal yet completely effing glorious!

Forget this traditionalist baseball outdoors crap.  It's like watching a game from your living room, but LIVE IN PERSON.  I can't see how it's a bad thing.

• Content Count:  5,241

So, I've been to one Rays game and traditionally HATE baseball as a whole.  I just don't see where everyone comes off saying the Trop is a dump.  I thought it was quite nice and the parking was easy access.

Maybe the parking gets hairy when it sells out for Boston or Yankees games, but to for so few occurences I just don't really get it.

Go to any other MLB stadium and you will see why the Trop is a dump. Even Shea Stadium was nicer when I was there and they had planes flying overhead to laguardia!!

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

So, a fraction over 10% were correct, while the clear majority went the BCS route.

I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment of what went wrong with managing our expectations.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

And lets hope our next bowl game is in 2010.

Fred

Archived