• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Got this gem in my email today...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Oh by the way, DBs dont put butts in the seats...

LYN260424.jpg

Next time you are at a Bucs game tell me how many #47 jerseys you still see.

Thanks for reinforcing his point. Lynch is gone. Those fans are still there so obviously their butt is not in their seat to see a db ....

I respect the Bucs decision, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I don't think any Bulls/Bucs fan like it ...

I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that Talib is that much better than Mike or that Mike is that much better than Talib

No offense but you're not responsible for how the Bucs play. Two of the more revered coaches on the team, Kiffin and Morris, seem to think that Talib was better enough to choose over Mike. That's good enough for me...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

how many you think?

dotn bucs sell out as is?

Surely you're aware of the Bucs' season ticket waiting list that was last reported to about 450,000 deep.

how many you think?

dotn bucs sell out as is?

Surely you're aware of the Bucs' season ticket waiting list that was last reported to about 450,000 deep.

1,000,000 deep ....

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for reinforcing his point. Lynch is gone. Those fans are still there so obviously their butt is not in their seat to see a db ....

One of the most popular Buccaneers of all time...yeah no one ever attended a Bucs game just to see him lay those big hits.  I'm just curious why all those fans still wear his jersey?  It must be because their Tanard Jackson is in the wash.  ;D

This guy is not too shabby for a DB.  The 9th best selling jersey in the NFL, but I'm sure no one is showing up to see him play either. 

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=40E15D75-BFB4-19C9-A0CFF721EAAC273F

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

One of the most popular Buccaneers of all time...yeah no one ever attended a Bucs game just to see him lay those big hits.  I'm just curious why all those fans still wear his jersey?  It must be because their Tanard Jackson is in the wash.  ;D

John Lynch was popular because he was a white safety. Donovan Darius was essentially the same player for Jacksonville, and well, let's just say he wasnt high on the jersey sales list.

Tanard Jackson started every game as a rookie last year, no? (Lynch didnt start more than 6 games until year 4) Jackson has a bunch of years to go, but in year 1 he was better than Lynch in year 1, and I dont think its a reach at all to say that barring injury, he has a better career.

From 2000-2003, yes the Bucs had awful drafts, but the Bucs scouting staff has done well drafting defensive players since 2004. In the 1st 4 rounds of those drafts, they have selected:

Will Allen (rd 4) - quality depth and special teamer

Barrett Ruud (rd 2) - new leader of the defense, tackle machine

Alan Zemaitis (rd 4) - ******.

Gaines Adams (rd 1) - better and better with every game, started the final 8. mario williams, anyone?

Sabby Piscitelli (rd 2) - was going to challenge for a starting job before injury

Quincy Black (rd 3) - quality special teams player, still learning

Tanard Jackson (rd 4) - started every game as a rookie. kiffin loved him from day 1.

My point is, no one outside of this message board thinks that the Talib pick was some sort of huge injustice. Most think it was a coin flip between the top 4-5 corners. People on these boards seemingly jumping off a cliff over this is laughable. Was I pissed? Of course I was, but I'm not going to be the one to 2nd guess Monte Kiffin about anything...............well, maybe that crazy comb over. :)

This guy is not too shabby for a DB.  The 9th best selling jersey in the NFL, but I'm sure no one is showing up to see him play either. 

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=40E15D75-BFB4-19C9-A0CFF721EAAC273F

Roy Williams is one of the most over hyped players in the NFL in years ... and I still doubt he, by himself, sells extra tickets.

Archived