• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From the Charleston Daily Mail - CJL contract/buyout

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Perhaps, and I suppose you guys would fall into the type that always say that the glass is half empty...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244

Leavitt shouldn't have got that payday until he proved he could break that 9-game glass ceiling and win the BEast.

I think you might have meant a 10-game glass ceiling, since we've already won 9 games in a season, twice if my memory serves me correctly.

Semantics perhaps, but it would seem to me that one could touch, but not exceed, a ceiling. We've touched 9 wins twice, but not exceeded it.

that was my intended meaning behind the glass ceiling reference...

we have hit 9 games several times.  we need to break it.

let the pot stirring begin--- you can't win with smazza imo

If we don't offer enough and lose Leavitt-- he blames USF for being too cheap. If we give him a big contract, he claims we overpaid CJL.

that's Life on the double-edged sword in smazzaland

Good point...

you know how smazza is always piping in about how we should give Heath an extension?

you watch-- when they do offer that extension, he will flip his argument to how we are overpaying him and that we should give an extension to a coach who hasn't done anything yet.

classic smazza

Unfortunately, we do have some alumni that enjoy to complain, and seek out any opportunity to do so.  I don't always agree with what USF does, but I enjoy celebrating our successes, rather than ignoring the successes and seeking out the potential negatives.

• Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't call 18-8 in 2 years mediocrity, especially with a freshman and soph QB those 2 years and basically no running game aside from Grothe those 2 years.

Besides, USF, Miami, and FSU have combined for 4 national titles since 1996 and we have to recruit against them so saying Leavitt is doing a bad job recruiting is a joke.

But I think smazza just enjoys messing with you guys, I don't think he can really be serious.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt's contract is another example of rewarding mediocrity nothing more

I had a really great comeback that applies this premise to your paycheck, but I'll be nice! ;D

Anyways, I couldn't disagree more.  What Leavitt has done in the past decade is simply amazing, and he deserves every cent.  My only argument is that we still need to get more dollars into the hands of our assistants in order to stem the consistent turnover of them heading to other programs simply because they can make more money in the same positions.  More than anything, I think that will have a strong effect on our recruiting, simply because we need the assistants to be seen by the prospects in high school for all four years that they're there, instead of seeing one guy for a year or two, and then a different guy.  I think that has an adverse effect in our recruiting.  Obviously, there are other ways we can improve our recruiting, but I believe this is one piece of the puzzle.

the reasons we dont have better assistants are twofold

leavitt's ego could never stand a guy like norm chow

and leavitt keeps all the money for himself

ron zook would have done  a better job and i still think usf should have hired him instead of leavitt

here is one for you---if  usf doesnt win big east in 2 years leavitt should be let go(it should be done nicely)

I wouldn't call 18-8 in 2 years mediocrity, especially with a freshman and soph QB those 2 years and basically no running game aside from Grothe those 2 years.

Besides, USF, Miami, and FSU have combined for 4 national titles since 1996 and we have to recruit against them so saying Leavitt is doing a bad job recruiting is a joke.

But I think smazza just enjoys messing with you guys, I don't think he can really be serious.

we wont have a running gAME THIS YEAR either

usf isnt recruiting against those two teams- fsu and miami had top 10 classes

usf cant out- recruit all big east teams

usf hasnt competed for big east title or cusa title

you set your standard way too low

18-8 would be fine if thyere was a conference title mixed in

you know how smazza is always piping in about how we should give Heath an extension?

you watch-- when they do offer that extension, he will flip his argument to how we are overpaying him and that we should give an extension to a coach who hasn't done anything yet.

classic smazza

heath isnt getting an extension

let the pot stirring begin--- you can't win with smazza imo

If we don't offer enough and lose Leavitt-- he blames USF for being too cheap. If we give him a big contract, he claims we overpaid CJL.

that's Life on the double-edged sword in smazzaland

in mazzaland you pay for performance

leavitt has improved perfromance last year or so slightly but he doesnt deserve big bucks.  too late

usf can do better than leavitt so i have never been worried about losing leavitt.his schtick wouldnt work anywhere else! he is never leaving usf

classic smazza

Unfortunately, we do have some alumni that enjoy to complain, and seek out any opportunity to do so.  I don't always agree with what USF does, but I enjoy celebrating our successes, rather than ignoring the successes and seeking out the potential negatives.

cant we do both?

you greenand gold goggles crowd never appreciate the negatives

inmikegland criticism of leavitt and team isnt allowed

i enjoyed success of beaten aburn

and watched negatives in ru,uconn,cinncy and oregon games

Archived