• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Papajohns bowl trying for SEC-BE matchup this year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I love it, but the new St. Pete Bowl might kill our shot at making this.

Agreed.  If we are not BCS, and out of the top 25 we will be guaranteed to this game.  If we get ranked but not BCS it would be 50-50 just because we may create a good matchup for Gator/Meineke.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

Good, better competition = better bowl game. But still the stadium sucks rather large testes.

• Content Count:  2,461

Unlikely we'll go here (to the St. Pete bowl) guys... the reason the Mayor of St. Pete went with the delegation... Tourist dollars!

• Content Count:  143

Time for the rematch:

USF vs Alabama

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Travel does not mean as much at the low end of the food chain.  That's why the humanitarian bowl used to take boise, the new mexico bowl - new mexico, texas bowl - houston.  If our season is not 10 wins I fully expect to play in st pete.

Unlikely we'll go here (to the St. Pete bowl) guys... the reason the Mayor of St. Pete went with the delegation... Tourist dollars!

Right... they want the C-USA team to bring tourists and USF to sell tickets!! A win-win for them.  (The only saving grace would be if they take UCF as the C-USA team... then they could bring a Cincy or U Conn down).

Sanjay, I would say it's not even whether or not USF wins 10 games... if USF doesn't win the Big East, we WILL be in St. Pete this year.  Why? Because we do not travel as well as other Big East schools.  People don't like to hear that, but it's true.  Charlotte will take Rutgers, the Gator will take ND... then the last four bowls work together - meaning USF in St. Pete this fall.

Even if USF is Top 25, if the Bulls don't make the BCS, they will be spending Christmas 2008 at the Trop.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Agreed.  If we are not BCS, and out of the top 25 we will be guaranteed to this game.  If we get ranked but not BCS it would be 50-50 just because we may create a good matchup for Gator/Meineke.

I got to think that the selection order has no changed as well, to reflect the new status of the pizza bowl.  My guess is its BCS->Gator->Car Care->Pizza Bowl->International/St Pete kind of togather.  Why would it matter that we are a good fit for the St. Pete Bowl?  Wont the pizza bowl pick first?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Maybe, accrding to the Alabama paper PJ Bowl will have second to last pick, and the last pick will be St. Pete Bowl, but that is a rumor according to the paper.

One problem I see here is how often will the SEC qualify enough teams, or will we be looking at a dog MAC team in their place when they don't

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Since bowls usually dont pick the same team twice in a row, we should be at this bowl evry year.  On top of that, there is a HUGE Louisville following here.  I bet with the random 10k alumni that live here they could brong another 10k easily.  So, UL will be attractive as well.  Plus with UCF going to it every year bringing their 50k or 80k (depending which loon you talk too) we shouldn't even be needed.

Archived