• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

*PSA* UCF Changed their mascot again.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I can't respond to Matt's ass comment.  It's too funny.

If you look at the other state schools outside of UF, which is smack dab in the middle of dumb hick country, the actual full name of the mascot is used officially and the slang is used unofficially.  Pro teams are no different.

• Content Count:  771

Yes, this news is in fact the absolute truth. I was in person to witness that name change. Please tell me someone took a photo of that poster??

I have the poster.

(pic will be posted later this evening)

• Content Count:  2,363

I can't respond to Matt's ass comment.  It's too funny.

If you look at the other state schools outside of UF, which is smack dab in the middle of dumb hick country, the actual full name of the mascot is used officially and the slang is used unofficially.  Pro teams are no different.

Is that kinda how the logo and website and most official materials for the New York Knickerbockers refer to them as such? Oh wait...

While that is the correct name and is used still, it's a little long.  Like the Metropolitans, a shortened name is used cause 4 or 5 syllables is a little long.  The Devil Rays were the Rays before the official switch.  Hockey teams tend to shorten their names like Pens, Caps, Ducks, and Avs to name a few.  The difference is that it's not country hick slang like skeeter, possum, coon or tater.  That might work in Gainesville, but not in a metropolitan area.

• Content Count:  1,894

Dawg Pound was owned as was the ucf athletics program. One Ucf coach gone, one to go. O'leary will face some heat when more players come forward. Ucf what a waste of time.

You responding to a thread and not even providing dischord:  What a waste of time.

Archived