• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

*PSA* UCF Changed their mascot again.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

Announced today, UCF has decided to officially change their mascot from the Golden Knight to a possum. We asked members in Athletics and the universities administration as to why the sudden switch.

There response was simple: We are a lot like the possum, we play dead at home and are killed on the road.

Go Bulls.

• Content Count:  624

Yes, this news is in fact the absolute truth. I was in person to witness that name change. Please tell me someone took a photo of that poster??

• Content Count:  2,239

Announced today, UCF has decided to officially change their mascot from the Golden Knight to a possum. We asked members in Athletics and the universities administration as to why the sudden switch.

There response was simple: We are a lot like the possum, we play dead at home and are killed on the road.

Congrats on being smart enough to refer to the wrong animal.  A "possum" is an Austrailian animal.  The animal you're trying to describe is the opossum.  Way to botch that one.

Anyway, Mr. Pot, your basketball team is feeling left out now.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Congrats on being smart enough to refer to the wrong animal.  A "possum" is an Austrailian animal.  The animal you're trying to describe is the opossum.  Way to botch that one.

Sorry, I am confused. Are you talking about our mens team that beat UCF this year? And holds a very convincing winning record over UCF?

How often have you ever called an opossum a possum? In Florida, it's kind of interchangible. Same as a Buzzard. You know what I am talking about, sure, technically it's a Turkey Vulture, but everyone calls it a Buzzard. A team in florida should not use an animal's nickname as their mascot though. Just ask the Florida Alligators.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Good Lord, when the Gnats are reduced to wildlife nomenclature smack, you know they're on the ropes!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=273350058

Proof that even a low-level Big East team can whoop up on middle of the road CUSA talent.  I know, I know... we ducked you back when you were winning those prestigious A-Sun championships against Campbell.  ;D :D ;D :D

• Content Count:  624

SixtySix

Remember I asked you if it was the correct spelling?

For the Discovery Channel nerd... ;-)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/possum

pos·sum  (psm)

n. Chiefly Southern U.S.

An opossum.  [short for opossum.]

Regional Note: Since English is a language that stresses some syllables and not others, weakly stressed syllables, especially those preceding strong stresses, are dropped at times. This process, called aphesis when it occurs at the beginning of a word, is more common in regional American dialects than in the more conservative Standard English, which tends to retain in pronunciation anything reflected in spelling. Although many American dialects feature aphesis, it is most famous in the dialects of the South, where it yields pronunciations such as count of for (on) account of, tater for potato, possum for opossum, and skeeter for mosquito.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Come on _EI, don't let them drag you down into the wildlife nomenclature smack, you're better than that.

Come on _EI, don't let them drag you down into the wildlife nomenclature smack, you're better than that.

Whatever.  If DP wants to bring the smack, I'll open up a can of Trichosurus Vulpecula all over that ass...  ;D

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

for shame!

Archived